Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Not Working

Comments

• aafasonaafason Posts: 14 New Member
    That's the thing, I took all my mods out and added one script mod that I KNEW worked. And it didn't work. But when I made a new The Sims 4 folder, it worked. Up until I started adding CC. But I tried it, and it still failed.
  • cvs_18cvs_18 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you so much!! It worked my families are back but I have to play with the last updated version and they aren't in a world but they are back! THANK YOU. I also see some of my custom content but not all of it and i don't know how to get that back because it doesn't let me download it from onedrive but thanks <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    cvs_18 wrote: »
    Thank you so much!! It worked my families are back but I have to play with the last updated version and they aren't in a world but they are back! THANK YOU. I also see some of my custom content but not all of it and i don't know how to get that back because it doesn't let me download it from onedrive but thanks <3

You’re welcome :) It may be best to download new cc to use or redownload the missing cc from where you originally downloaded the cc.
    Is that all ?
  • ImaniTerryImaniTerry Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2018
    I was having a Problem with my script mods NOT showing up in game (I’d view modifications under my options tab and they would show up, kinda, in the CC section but not the script mod, all my options were enabled).

I recently thought it was a good idea to sort my mods folders, to organize everything into three specific folders... well..( for specifically the scripts for the MC Command Center & the SNB Banking Mod,) they didn’t work since they were sorted in a sub folder, (at least, that was my own conclusion). Once I pulled those files back onto the main mods folder, I got all My scripts to work in game..

It’s weird cause I have other scripts that work being sorted, but that could just because they aren’t as big, maybe., anyways

If that helps anybody playing with subfolders...
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    Are you supposed to leave the script mods in the zipped form or unzip and add the package file to the mods folder? Also, how do I get to the items that used to be in the debug buy mode? The test cheat window doesn't work.
    Scarlett2k wrote: »
    Are you supposed to leave the script mods in the zipped form or unzip and add the package file to the mods folder? Also, how do I get to the items that used to be in the debug buy mode? The test cheat window doesn't work.

Hello @Scarlett2k
    It is best to follow the installation instructions on the site page where you downloaded the script mod from.
    The buydebug cheat is
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    Try making sure that is the cheat that you are typing in.
  • xStarellaxStarella Posts: 114 Member
    Hello, My friend has been having issues with her script mods, she is trying to use the Extreme Violence mod and then Pose Player Mod. With the Extreme Violence mod she only gets very few options in the interactions and with the Pose Player Mod she doesn't get any options. The mods work for me perfectly fine, I gave her the exact same files that i have and it still didn't work for her. We spent a long time trying everything all of you have said and none of them changed anything. I don't know if there even is a solution or if it is just the mods not working for her but it worked for me so i don't feel that is the case. If you can help me please let me know, i can can give more information if needed to solve this, Thank you! :smile:
    There is always a way to get over that hurdle, It might be difficult but it's never worth giving up.
    https://imgur.com/v7H5Zwg
    xStarella wrote: »
    Hello, My friend has been having issues with her script mods, she is trying to use the Extreme Violence mod and then Pose Player Mod. With the Extreme Violence mod she only gets very few options in the interactions and with the Pose Player Mod she doesn't get any options. The mods work for me perfectly fine, I gave her the exact same files that i have and it still didn't work for her. We spent a long time trying everything all of you have said and none of them changed anything. I don't know if there even is a solution or if it is just the mods not working for her but it worked for me so i don't feel that is the case. If you can help me please let me know, i can can give more information if needed to solve this, Thank you! :smile:

Hello
    Try having your friend delete the cache files.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Then go to the download sites of the mods and download /install fresh new files of the mods.
  • GweneesolGweneesol Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,

I seem to have a problem with my script mods. I had script mods and cc both downloaded and they were working on my game but now only my cc works...the script mods don’t show on the mods screen you get in the Sims 4 game. They show up on the Custom Content part. I don’t know what to do please help!
    Gweneesol wrote: »
    Hello,

I seem to have a problem with my script mods. I had script mods and cc both downloaded and they were working on my game but now only my cc works...the script mods don’t show on the mods screen you get in the Sims 4 game. They show up on the Custom Content part. I don’t know what to do please help!

Hello @Gweneesol
    Try going to game options and check that the script mods allowed button is ticked also.
    If you have the zipped folders of the script mods in your mods folder, move them out of the folder and place them somewhere else. Just keep unzipped folders / files in the mods folder.
  • Elaina_cccc123Elaina_cccc123 Posts: 1 New Member
    HI
    My script mods are not working. I have tried everything. They use to appear but still didn't work. Also there is nothing wrong with the script mod I downloaded because it's the mermaid one.
    HI
    My script mods are not working. I have tried everything. They use to appear but still didn't work. Also there is nothing wrong with the script mod I downloaded because it's the mermaid one.

Hello
    There has been updated version of the mermaid mod released since the recent patches. It would be best to remove your current version of the mod, go to the mod’s download site page and redownload /install it again,
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=607804
  • MissLunaMissLuna Posts: 4 New Member
    I am, too, having an issue with TS4 script mods. Whenever I enable them, an error appears. I honestly don't know how to fix this..
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    MissLuna wrote: »
    I am, too, having an issue with TS4 script mods. Whenever I enable them, an error appears. I honestly don't know how to fix this..

See Rosemow's answer to one of your posts. Basically, you have an out-of-date mod and need to figure out which one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I still didn't get help for my situation :/
    aafason wrote: »
    I still didn't get help for my situation :/

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder again and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, just place your cc package files not the script mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if the cc appears. If the cc does appear, then put back the script mods one at a time, testing each time after adding one to see if they are able to be used in the game.
  • GGGirlGamingGGGirlGaming Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! My Road to Fame mod is not working for some reason. Yes, I have enabled mods, yes I have reset my folder. I use a Macbook.
  • KaybebopKaybebop Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I have a problem
    All my mods work except for the scripted mods
    I have the 'Hoe it Up' mod and the only thing that I get for that is the pregnancy protection plan feature that comes with it but none of the actual actions for the mod are available for my sim to do.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it
    I've also erased my sims and made new ones
    I have also tried opening up my CAS abilities
    Nothing has worked
    Also
    I have the Haunted Mirror mod
    My sims have the option to protect theirselves and summon the bride and I also have all her features like the gown and blood
    But when I try to summon her she never shows up and then my sims are just in a state of fear but nothing happens?
    I need help lol
  • Iambeautiful111Iambeautiful111 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, my script mods are not working. they appear on the thing that pops up but when i try to use them on the game it like i don’t even have them, so they don’t work. please help me! :/
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Hi, my script mods are not working. they appear on the thing that pops up but when i try to use them on the game it like i don’t even have them, so they don’t work. please help me! :/

Please refer to this thread for Broken Mods/Updates/and Fixes: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch/p1
  • GoldenWolfNationGoldenWolfNation Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I had this exact same problem before. Mostly things in Script mods DO NOT WORK. Script mods are just technically mods or cc in unusable folders. Open the folders, remove the things in the folder and place them in the mods folder.
    @GoldenWolfNation Hi my what do u mean because my script mods are all in my mods folder
    @Bananas_45 thank u for that but it was also happening before the seasons update. So i don’t think it was that
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @Bananas_45 thank u for that but it was also happening before the seasons update. So i don’t think it was that

Please read all the threads above by @rosemow if your Mods still do not work after updating them.