Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim-etery

DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
Probably copying an old post (sorry if I am)

Ever since my first sim died I've done this and I was wondering if and what you guys do. Every game I start I make a cemetery for my sims. I did this so I could bring them back to life later, but now I just leave the dead in the past (after adding them to the cemetery).

I'm just curious to know what other people do. Do you have a final resting place for your sims? Do you turn off death? Do you just move on like nothing happened?

Comments

• Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    If it's within a save, I usually move on. But, if I really like a sim, I'll use them in multiple saves, so they never truly stay dead.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i play out death like real death, i've made a cemetery and my sims goes to the cemetery, put the tombstones on the garden and cry, then mourn at home
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I release the spirit to the neatherworld then sell the urn so I don't have a living Sim see a ghost and die of fright. Again. :s
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I actually have a cemetery I've made for my sim's family. I've tried taking sims that have died to it but never able to get to the previous lot with the urns so when my sims are dying of old age I tend to send them to that lot.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    nani wrote: »
    i play out death like real death, i've made a cemetery and my sims goes to the cemetery, put the tombstones on the garden and cry, then mourn at home

I do that, too!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I have a cemetary and I'll send the relatives to mourn like they are at a funeral. If I wanted, I could keep sending them to mourn but so far, they usually only go shortly after another sim dies. Most of my sims don't lingeringly mourn but perhaps when a few of my gloomier sims lose more relatives, they will. Eventually, I might need to cull for space in the cemetary. There are a few NPCs buried in there so I'll start with them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I do release the spirits now, the ghost like coming back to their families and breaking their sinks and stuff. I'd rather not have to keep paying to repair or replace some things. I try to keep my games as real as possible, let them expand their families and live out their lives.

What lot setting do you use for your cemeteries? (I mean like park, residential, etc.)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I use generic for my cemetery.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Interestingly, I have only had two sims die since I started playing sims 4 back when it came out. I kind of rotate through my families and have not seen much death. In both cases, I have kept the urn and mourned it for a while. Had I had more extra lots, I would have tried to add a cemetery and/or funeral home, but, in S4, space is a premium.
  • Options
    I used a generic lot as well. I get what you're saying with land being a premium, but even the smallest lots are enough to have several generations.
  • Options
    Drigger wrote: »
    I used a generic lot as well. I get what you're saying with land being a premium, but even the smallest lots are enough to have several generations.

So can you leave your urns/markers there at a generic lot? And they stay there? Never really looked into how that all works.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    ShaddBoi wrote: »

So can you leave your urns/markers there at a generic lot? And they stay there? Never really looked into how that all works.

As long as its open grass, not a decorative tile, it will stay as a tombstone. It doesn't matter the lot type as far as I know- if its outside it'll be a tombstone. Inside a building or décor tiles result in an urn. At least that's from what I've done.

So, yeah.
  • Options

As long as its open grass, not a decorative tile, it will stay as a tombstone. It doesn't matter the lot type as far as I know- if its outside it'll be a tombstone. Inside a building or décor tiles result in an urn. At least that's from what I've done.

So, yeah.

Thanks for the insight. I will have to knock off an unfortunate sim and try it out haha. I have an open tiny lot in Newcrest that would be perfect for that.
  • Options
    Sounds like fun @ShaddBoi :D
    (I have never killed a sim for my graveyards... Honest... ly lying...)
  • Options

What can I say? They are sacrificing themselves for the good of Sims research ;)
  • Options

What can I say? They are sacrificing themselves for the good of Sims research ;)

Betterment of Sim-kind for the win! :D
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    I decided to make mine a churchyard for a bit of realism.
    r66eyij.png
  • Options
    @StickFiguresMMX that's really well done! I'm thinking about making a bigger one, maybe on a 30x40 or something. I like the churchyard, I want room for catacombs if I do that though. Especially with my "vampire saved" sims.
  • Options
    I decided to make mine a churchyard for a bit of realism.
    r66eyij.png

Yeah I really like that lot as well. Very nicely done!