Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The aspect of bowling that disappoints me the most...

...is not the lack of real-life rules or score-keeping, but the fact that sims can't talk to each other while playing. It seems to me that this is an integral part of the bowling night experience. Also, it makes bowling a useless activity on dates.

Hopefully they can correct this in a patch, but I won't hold my breath. AFAIK sims still can't talk while fishing, which has been a bone of contention since release.

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Oh lets hope. The bowling pack is far more disappointing then the done out pack. Both of these packs I was thrilled because it gave us more options for dates, night out with friends and family activities.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    @GoddessSims Yeah, even though Dine Out is a little rough around the edges at least it gave us the best option for dates. Bowling on the other hand, while I appreciate a lot of the build mode stuff, totally dropped the ball (no pun intended) with what should have been an amazing date option.
  • Options
    Exactly!! Dine out does give us another option but the amount of time for just one course of a three course meal is ridiculous!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    but the amount of time for just one course of a three course meal is ridiculous!!!

It is pretty ridiculous and one of many reasons I've had to use mods just to slow down the relative passage of time.
  • Options
    Which mod is that? I haven't gone looking at mods in ages and only really one use four at the moment.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Which mod is that? I haven't gone looking at mods in ages and only really one use four at the moment.

MC Command Center.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    > @So_Money said:
    > ...is not the lack of real-life rules or score-keeping, but the fact that sims can't talk to each other while playing. It seems to me that this is an integral part of the bowling night experience. Also, it makes bowling a useless activity on dates.
    >
    > Hopefully they can correct this in a patch, but I won't hold my breath. AFAIK sims still can't talk while fishing, which has been a bone of contention since release.

I love the bowling alleys for a lot of reasons! You're right though. I hate that the games take forever and that Sims can't have a conversation.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »

MC Command Center.

I'm going to have to look into that because that in number one on my must have mods list.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Gosh. I just realized how long I have not touched that bowling pack.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2017
    Exactly!! Dine out does give us another option but the amount of time for just one course of a three course meal is ridiculous!!!

This is the reason why they cut conversations from Bowling. It was taking a full Sims day to get through one round of Bowling.
    SimGuruGraham advised this is why certain areas of The Sims 4, they purposely cut conversations out.

Fishing, I'm guessing, would mean the amount of fish you catch would be probably more than halved, if they talk instead of fish.

This has been an issue with all of The Sims games (except The Sims 1 because it didn't matter if they talked and ate ate the same time). The Sims 2, it literally takes them 2 - 4 hours to eat one meal, if they're all sitting at the table. I serve lunch at 2pm, they finish at 3pm.

It's one of the reasons why Sims didn't talk to each other in The Sims 3 when doing tasks, and devs added it back in when people complained about Low Social moodlets, because Sims wouldn't talk unless you actually gave them a conversation.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I like the bowling but I would like it more if they interacted while playing.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

This is the reason why they cut conversations from Bowling. It was taking a full Sims day to get through one round of Bowling.
    SimGuruGraham advised this is why certain areas of The Sims 4, they purposely cut conversations out.

Sounds like throwing out the baby with the bathwater to me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They should at least look like they are together, act like they are together, smile, wave, roll their eyes, do something to let me know they saw the other guy roll a gutter ball (in their group) and build relationship points. At least in the other games they build relationship points when fishing (and they can talk to each other) or they sit on the same bench and say a few words, etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Sounds like throwing out the baby with the bathwater to me.

They can't change a whole game engine just for one object *shrug*
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I just bought the bowling pack last week and only got around to checking it out the other day and I was quite disappointed with it. The bowling does seem to be very lacking. I was hoping to give my sims more stuff to do but it just wasn't as fun as I imagined it would be. I don't own all the packs but this is the first time I ever felt disappointed with a purchase.
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    I was really disappointed as well when i saw that sims couldn't talk to each others. I still bought the pack but then when i played it it felt so empty and not fun. Sims looks dead while playing it, i hate so much that there is no interactions between them. I would rather a longer game than that :( it's sad because the animations are good and the items too.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

Exactly....a full game with 4 sims is already long as it is, even with the shortened frames. If those 4 sims were talking to each other in between rolls, it would take forever just to get through one game.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited September 2017
    I understand if they need to cut any socialization options, but they could atleast make them react.
    Your Best Friend is had a earned a strike? Your sim should be happy and jumping. Father and son takes a bowling, having the father to cheer his/her child while playing will be already awesome to me. If its your sim they could have atleast "boo" their enemy. That is what will make bowling better if they couldn't implement a full socialization, and honestly? If they could do that, I'd say bring it on and it will give a lot more detail into the game.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They should at least look like they are together, act like they are together, smile, wave, roll their eyes, do something to let me know they saw the other guy roll a gutter ball (in their group) and build relationship points. At least in the other games they build relationship points when fishing (and they can talk to each other) or they sit on the same bench and say a few words, etc.

Exactly. They should react properly like they do in previous games. Instead they stand in a line like lemons occasionally head bobbing once In a while.

The fact bowling isn't a social activity is just strange and unrealistic and kind of makes bowling pointless as a group activity.
  • Options
    I've seen them react.....clapping when someone got a strike. It doesn't happen very often though.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2017
    ...is not the lack of real-life rules or score-keeping, but the fact that sims can't talk to each other while playing. It seems to me that this is an integral part of the bowling night experience. Also, it makes bowling a useless activity on dates.

Hopefully they can correct this in a patch, but I won't hold my breath. AFAIK sims still can't talk while fishing, which has been a bone of contention since release.

This is why I am not a huge fan of stuff packs. They are just giving you in most cases less with the item.
    That are just cheap premium items I get bored with after 5min.

Bowling item for me is one of the worst items so far and the climbing wall and ball pit are just as bad.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Yeah, the bowling alley is incredibly disappointing and largely useless imo. They should be able to socialize at the very least and games shouldn't take as long as they do. It's irksome because the potential was there- and I think we all see that. EA totally missed the mark with this SP. It would've been great to be able to take sims there for dates or birthday parties where they could bowl, chat, eat pizza, and maybe even win a trophy. This would've worked MUCH better as a GP.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I was really looking forward to the bowling pack just to get another fun group activity in my game. I thought it would be like the Games Table, something for sims to do together to not only have fun, but build on their friendships. Well, bowling does increase their fun, but it does nothing for their friendships! It's like they forgot to code it in. I knew they wouldn't be able to talk, as Graham had already mentioned that multi-tasking is something that will never be done in a Stuff Pack, but I thought it would be like fishing - if sims fish together, they can't talk, but they will gain relationship points.

I am using a mod that adds this function - builds relationship points - but when I went to find it again, it's been deleted by the creator, so I can't link to it. (Just another reason why we can't rely on mods to fix EA's oversights, we need to get them to do it.)

It was marketed as a group activity, but really the way it is now, it's a solo experience, (and the skill is pretty inconsequential too. I think I'd rather it be assigned to the fitness skill, or the charisma skill, or even the logic skill).

I left feedback about lack of relationship gain when it first came out ... still waiting for a patch. I don't expect new animations to be added, or for it to be multi-tasked enabled (so talking, drinking, eating etc can be done at the same time), but I do think they should add relationship gain between the players (like when fishing).
  • Options
    I was really looking forward to the bowling pack just to get another fun group activity in my game. I thought it would be like the Games Table, something for sims to do together to not only have fun, but build on their friendships. Well, bowling does increase their fun, but it does nothing for their friendships! It's like they forgot to code it in. I knew they wouldn't be able to talk, as Graham had already mentioned that multi-tasking is something that will never be done in a Stuff Pack, but I thought it would be like fishing - if sims fish together, they can't talk, but they will gain relationship points.

Totally agree....that's gotta be an oversight. Bowling should definitely increase relationship points...especially when it was billed as a family/group activity. Hopefully that will get fixed in a patch at some point.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Someone said that if they could talk to each other, a bowling game would take forever.