Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling Hot With a Fever? Ah, no!

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Sorry to bring this up, but I have a Sim child who has a fever. Upon clicking on the icon that shows her mood, the description says she feels hot due to a fever and not the kind of "I'm ready for my closeup" kind of hot. This is medically wrong. Fevers cause chills. While it appears counter intuitive, it's true. Why do you think people pile on the blankets? Which is exactly the wrong thing to do, in some cases. Ice baths or even in extreme cases, rubbing the patient down with alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) is called for.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. While I'd like to see these descriptions change, I'm not going to hold my breath. I may very well be the ONLY one this bothers.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    edited September 2017
    Maybe it does for you. But I just asked my parents who are nurses about being cold with a fever, they said it is possible to have both a fever and chills at the same time.

The chills coming from the fact that the blood vessels are being restricted, causing less to flow throughout the body, making it shake, and the heat comes from the body trying to kill off the sickness. So in a way, the S4 portrays it the best it can considering how fevers fluctuate.

And i'm not calling you out, just letting you know : D
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    @GalacticGal, as a child i was often dragged into the tub to sit in cold water (how i cried...), and had cold compresses (possibly with rubbing alcohol, too) placed on my forehead!
    as an adult, fever hits me super hard and i will shiver under water that would otherwise feel as hot as a river in hell. so fever plus chills? totally agree.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    The worst fevers, in my own experience, are those that make you feel hot one minute and cold the next.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    The worst fevers, in my own experience, are those that make you feel hot one minute and cold the next.

Yes, that's usually how my fevers are. Not everyone is the same @GalacticGal
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I just wish that when sims get sick they are actually sick. They have to take off work/school. And the illness truly affects them. Similar to how it worked in Sims 2. Sims where sick, they ran out of energy quickly, slept, read in bed, and sipped on orange juice and chicken soup. And they also ran a chance of dying.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!