Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ctrl + alt + esc and win button not minimizing The Sims anymore - Help?

Hoping someone can help me here, as I can't contact EA help at the moment (different time zones), and I apologise if there's already a thread for this, I couldn't see one...

So just the other day I opened the game as usual, after it had updated with the latest (September) patch. And I went to minimize the game using ctrl + alt + esc, as I usually do without a problem, but this time it wouldn't minimize. It just brings up a white, windowed screen of the Sims with nothing but an x to click on. If I press the windows button, it brings up the same thing but with the windows toolbar as well, like this:
pKlRy04.jpg

But it won't let me click on anything other than the Sims icon. I've tried bringing up Task manager as well, but that also can't be clicked on and it stays behind the Sims window. I've also tried to change my settings to Windowed mode and Windowed Fullscreen mode to see if that would help, but it just defaults back to Fullscreen without giving me a choice to keep the settings or not. I tried to repair the game in Origin and restarted the comp, but it's still got the problem...

Is anyone else having this problem since the last patch?

Also worth noting, I accidentally updated Win 10 with the Creators update, which I didn't want, so I rolled back to the previous version, which I don't know, maybe that caused the problem? It all happened around the same time as the patch...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments