The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim collection finally displayed in green LOL

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited September 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I have been busy the last few weeks with a little sims project to keep me busy. This is my final result :D

This is my simgreen bookcase B)

KGD7Z8G.jpg?1

UjtdJn3.jpg?1

HVm9JqO.jpg?2

1NymFPb.jpg?1

I also made my own sims 4 game pack and stuff pack dvd covers to fill up my sims 4 part of my collection as they are all on Origin ;) And my Living large was a cd cover so I made my own dvd cover, unfortuanatly I messed that one up a bit, but I am still happy :D

Gdy9LhE.jpg?1

o9Zcniq.jpg?1

8FDOTMo.jpg?1

1VHrgVi.jpg?1

qnUNtCY.jpg?1

Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• xoFireflyxoFirefly Posts: 40 Member
    That is amazing! I love it and am super impressed with your collection!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    xoFirefly wrote: »
    That is amazing! I love it and am super impressed with your collection!

Thank you so much. I am sorry about the size of the pictures, no idea how to make them smaller. :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    It looks so great! :) It has turned out so well! It is a very special simming cabinet!

Thanks so much Rosemow <3 You saw it as it progressed too :)
    edited September 2017
    How can I make the pics a bit smaller, they too big?

Found out how to make them smaller, will edit them right away ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    That is amazing!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    That is amazing!!!

Thank you so much, they used to be all over the house in boxes and drawers :)
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    Cool build. Love all of it. :D
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I love this so much!! I'm jealous lol.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I'm amazed at the collection, but mostly at the effort! I love the display case and the fact that you went through all the work to make the covers for the sim 4 packs. I love this :)
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    mcrudd wrote: »
    That is amazing!!!

I know that feeling. All but TS4 has spent their moment in the spot light displayed on my desk only to get boxed up when there was no longer any room for the previous and the new...LOL Now all of them but TS4 is boxed up and packed away.

I love your idea and to be honest if it wasn't for copy write infringement laws I would suggest you make and sell them because I am sure there are loads of people out there who would by them if given the chance. I know I would if I have the space for one. (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    That is amazing!!!

I know that feeling. All but TS4 has spent their moment in the spot light displayed on my desk only to get boxed up when there was no longer any room for the previous and the new...LOL Now all of them but TS4 is boxed up and packed away.

I love your idea and to be honest if it wasn't for copy write infringement laws I would suggest you make and sell them because I am sure there are loads of people out there who would by them if given the chance. I know I would if I have the space for one. (c:

Couldn't it be sold on eBay or something ? I know nothing about selling stuff but that came to mind first XD
    Happy Simming!♥
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    @mcrudd that is super awesome! I don't know whatever happened to my old original Sims and Sims 2 discs. It's a shame because I'd love to still have them
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
    That is amazing!!!

Couldn't it be sold on eBay or something ? I know nothing about selling stuff but that came to mind first XD

Yes but not with the Sims logo on it. That would be in violation of copy write laws.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Nofravell wrote: »
    Cool build. Love all of it. :D

Aww thank you :)
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    I love this so much!! I'm jealous lol.

Thank you, don't be jealous make yourself something too ;)
    Otoyo wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the collection, but mostly at the effort! I love the display case and the fact that you went through all the work to make the covers for the sim 4 packs. I love this :)

Thanks so much. I have always loved my sims, been playing since forever, I think I played sims 1 beta on an old windows 95 computer LOL
    snurfles wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you :)
    That is amazing!!!

I have shared all my progress on a previous thread that used to be here, It had been moved to another location. I shared all my dvd covers and I can add the plumbobs as well then the paint colours and someone can just use my things for their own personal selfs, should be ok then as long as its not sold. The thread is here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/924346/dvd-covers-for-game-packs-and-stuff-packs-completed-17-total. I will add the plumbobs as soon as I finish replying here :)

I shared everything I did on the thread above, I will add more things and then simmers can make their own versions for themselfs. Its a lot of fun to do :)

@mcrudd that is super awesome! I don't know whatever happened to my old original Sims and Sims 2 discs. It's a shame because I'd love to still have them

Aww so sorry to hear they are gone, I was terribly upset when I saw my livin large missing, I went on ebay and got a new one but it was in a cd cover so once again it stood out as not belonging, so I attempted at making my own dvd cover LOL.
    Yes but not with the Sims logo on it. That would be in violation of copy write laws.

Yip I agree, that is why I am not selling and sharing it for personal use, then you should be all good :)

Thanks all for your comments, I will share all the rest of the information with you on this thread here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/924346/dvd-covers-for-game-packs-and-stuff-packs-completed-17-total so if you feel like a little project then you can go and make your own personal collection cabinet :)
    @elanorbreton as promised here is my final result :) Thanks for all your support while making it <3
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Wow, that's awesome, I want one. You should go into business and sell them. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    So cool! That's a lot of hard work to make those custom covers and they came out great.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Looks good you did a nice job on it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm green with envy. Okay, bad pun. But it is super cool looking and I love it.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wow, that's awesome, I want one. You should go into business and sell them. :D

LOL it would be easier to make now, that I have done all the hard work, but can't sell due to copyrights, thats why I shared all the info and covers in the other threat over at artist haven :)
    So cool! That's a lot of hard work to make those custom covers and they came out great.

Thank you so much, its all thanks to simmers loading ping transparent images on google image lol, I just used good old windows paint to make them and the transparent images helped out soooooo much :)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Looks good you did a nice job on it.

Thank you :)
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I'm green with envy. Okay, bad pun. But it is super cool looking and I love it.

Love the pun LOL, thank you I am quite pleased how it all worked out in the end :)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    That is an awesome bookcase, Nice work and very impressed with your collection. :wink:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    @elanorbreton as promised here is my final result :) Thanks for all your support while making it <3
    That is totally awesome. You made a fantastic job of it with the bookcase and everything. And I see you have some space left - will that be for TS5 or do you also collect Prima magazines?