Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4/Origin crashing my PC?

So about three times so far, I've double-clicked TS4 from my desktop, and then I get a Blue Screen of Death with "Your PC ran into a problem and has to restart." However, this has only been three times; it works as normal most of the time.

I wonder if it's TS4 that's the problem or Origin. Because of my new PC I once tried changing Origin's UI settings which made it stop working, so it's back to normal (I changed TS4's UI too, but that hasn't caused trouble).

Anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have had these issues. It can be hard to know the cause when it randomly occurs .
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.
    If you are playing on a laptop, make sure that the game is using your Nvidia or AMD graphics card
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd

If it keeps happening continually, it may be good to post your DXDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    The blue screen means your computer has a serious issue, and you need to contact the nerds in charge. It could be a variety of things, but only someone experienced in computers will know what the blue screen is telling them the problem is.
    It's usually not involved in the company or game you were playing, and could be anything from a graphics card issue to a virus.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    So about three times so far, I've double-clicked TS4 from my desktop, and then I get a Blue Screen of Death with "Your PC ran into a problem and has to restart." However, this has only been three times; it works as normal most of the time.

I wonder if it's TS4 that's the problem or Origin. Because of my new PC I once tried changing Origin's UI settings which made it stop working, so it's back to normal (I changed TS4's UI too, but that hasn't caused trouble).

Usually there is an code that you can write down and google it, however there are occasions where you may not get one.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

To get a better idea of the error you will need to stop windows from rebooting after a bsod.
    This will tell you how to do that :
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/help-troubleshoot-the-blue-screen-of-death-by-preventing-automatic-reboot/
    Now next time you get a bsod the pc will not restart so you will have plenty of time to write down the error code.
    If it happens again PM me with the error code and I'll see if i can help you.
    It can be anything from driver issues to ram failure or overheating and a multitude of other hardware issues.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide