Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Days old - weird and wonky

First off, it would seem to me that if they called it "years old" instead of "days old", it would make more realistic sense. Plus in TS2, when one because a senior, I believe they started at 90 which would correlate to being 90 years old. Now, my seniors are immediately 154.

Secondly, The last time I played my game, I had just had a birthday for my Sim and age him up to senior. He was 154. Today I load the game up and he's standing in the exact same PLACE I left him but he's 168.

Before you ask, I have aging turn on for played family ONLY. I haven't loaded my game at all since I last played and saved. I've seen and reported this many times in the forums. Aging seems really wonky.

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    well i keep aging fully turn off and i prefer aging fully off in my gameplay
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited September 2017
    The sims is on a wibbly wobbly time scale so instead of a sim day being 24 hours in our time it's about a few minutes of our time. This would make sense as to why they are years old. So an hour of our time would be considered days for them.
    At least this is what I've come to understand playing the sims from 1-4.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I understand that Sim days and RL days are different. I'm not explaining myself very well. Here's exactly what happened. My settings are set so that only my played household ages. When I saved and exited my game last play period, the son was 5 days to teen and his parents has JUST become seniors showing 154 days old. I keep track of this stuff because I'm a control freak...

When I logged into my game today, the son is still 5 days to teen and his parents are 168 days old. How did they age 14 days when I haven't even logged into the game?

I've seen inconsistencies like this often. Who can I report this to? It appears to be a bug.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've had this happen too @RiennaTelemnar. I don't really understand why its happening, but it is rather daunting and annoying. It really must be a bug. I don't play rotational play and aging is off for unplayed sims at any rate but its happening on my game as well. I fear I'm going to log in and the grim reaper is going to come for my elders who have barely been played but seem to keep on aging even while I'm logged out!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited September 2017
    I understand that Sim days and RL days are different. I'm not explaining myself very well. Here's exactly what happened. My settings are set so that only my played household ages. When I saved and exited my game last play period, the son was 5 days to teen and his parents has JUST become seniors showing 154 days old. I keep track of this stuff because I'm a control freak...

When I logged into my game today, the son is still 5 days to teen and his parents are 168 days old. How did they age 14 days when I haven't even logged into the game?

I've seen inconsistencies like this often. Who can I report this to? It appears to be a bug.

You're better off posting this in the 'Bugs and gameplay' section of the forum - it'll get more attention over there; this section is for discussion of the upcoming Laundry Day stuff pack.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Sorry - I guess I was wondering if other folks had this problem and it was a setting I had messed up or something. I will post in the appropriate section.