Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More CAS Items for Male sims in future packs.

Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I feel like male sims always seem to get the short end of the stick in terms of CAS items included in the packs that release That includes adults, children and toddlers. It would be nice to see the Devs maybe add an equal amount of Cas content for both men and women in each pack instead of female sims always getting more.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They need new blood to show them males have fashion, too. This game has been better at making 'regular' clothes for females and not so many skimpy belly button tops, shorts and clevage tops and that's good, for ordinary regular Sims who wouldn't be flashy, but they have totally ignored male Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • khandiyekhandiye Posts: 2 New Member
    Simsfan99111, completely agree! I want my male Sims to be just as fashionable and creative as my females! :)
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It seems to me that they are influenced by mostly boy bands when it comes to male fashion instead of looking around, outside their studio to see what different men wear/are interested in. I'd like to see more diversity.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Gonna quote myself from another thread here on the styles I'd like to see. They're still pretty basic and nothing too extraordinary so the concept artists shouldn't feel like they would actually have to think about male fashion for once. ( I'm serious, are they all females who have never seen a guy in their life before or are they just THAT uncreative when it comes to guys ? )

The post originally just focused primarily, not exclusively on male fashion so excuse the few female examples but I think they still get the point across.
    Lol, personally I do like cropped pants on men. But not the ones we have right now.

New-2015-mens-boys-fashion-casual-cool-ripped-jeans-pants-for-men-Big-hole-on-the.jpg

Something like this is what I'd like to see. Same goes for his shoes, we seriously need some more in that style.

skateboard-shoes.jpeg
    Vans-Old-Skool-Black-%26-White-Skate-Shoes-_204607.jpg
    nike-sb-stefan-janoski-flamingo-2.jpg
    ^ ( I actually own a pair of these :D )

Skater socks

Brand-Old-School-Stripe-Men-Socks-Street-Hip-Hop-Rock-Thick-Cotton-Socks-Women-Knee-High.jpg
    il_340x270.1144127089_nmbq.jpg

Beanies that sit differently than the one that came with GTW ( his sunglasses and necklaces are pretty cool too )

718db5e3a101cca5a5637573e1476aca.jpg

Bandanas

large_fustany-beauty-hair-10_ways_to_style_your_bandana-7.jpg
    11.jpg
    c3f24adb161acda1432be1ddf3ca7ef3--boy-scout-style-men.jpg

snapbacks, maybe bucket hats

ba55c96d369ace94acbfb7d43bb257b6.jpg
    fb8a3a73d2586149fda48898e6a6d00e.jpg

More plain shirts, tanks and sweaters with logos

image3xxl_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1470318776
    17332731_1567207023308141_2313502439141015552_n.jpg

Button up shirts with patterns

0e7aa06ae5d2a7a519114d29bba0af49.jpg
    8e42329fdd53283bfbe659ff9c4969da.jpg

More flannel options

imageedit_13_6541110616.jpg

Baselball shirts ( plain ones and with logos/patterns )

Vans-OTW-Baseball-T-Shirt-_254324.jpgEmpyre-Georgina-Black-Stripe-%26-Floral-Baseball-T-Shirt-_270758.jpg

Denim and leather jackets

black-leather-jacket-18.jpg60a9fe03bb6bfa334e62e6d606b88c09.jpg
    cba0b17de6e90ef5bc8b5fa077611012.jpg

More jackets in general

1d26bc9f01b2d28fa57b3b433eb494ed.jpg
    thrasher-pentagram-coachs-jacket-maroon-s349287mar-02.101.jpg

Well there's lots more the game is missing, but this is the type of stuff I personally like a lot. And yes, this post is mostly men's stuff because I feel like the game is severely lacking in that department.

Yes!! Omg yes! We also really need hairs like that too! I love the little tight curled hair that came in the toddler stuff too! More hairs like that please EA!
    Gonna quote myself from another thread here on the styles I'd like to see. They're still pretty basic and nothing too extraordinary so the concept artists shouldn't feel like they would actually have to think about male fashion for once. ( I'm serious, are they all females who have never seen a guy in their life before or are they just THAT uncreative when it comes to guys ? )

The post originally just focused primarily, not exclusively on male fashion so excuse the few female examples but I think they still get the point across.
    Lol, personally I do like cropped pants on men. But not the ones we have right now.

New-2015-mens-boys-fashion-casual-cool-ripped-jeans-pants-for-men-Big-hole-on-the.jpg

Something like this is what I'd like to see. Same goes for his shoes, we seriously need some more in that style.

skateboard-shoes.jpeg
    Vans-Old-Skool-Black-%26-White-Skate-Shoes-_204607.jpg
    nike-sb-stefan-janoski-flamingo-2.jpg
    ^ ( I actually own a pair of these :D )

Skater socks

Brand-Old-School-Stripe-Men-Socks-Street-Hip-Hop-Rock-Thick-Cotton-Socks-Women-Knee-High.jpg
    il_340x270.1144127089_nmbq.jpg

Beanies that sit differently than the one that came with GTW ( his sunglasses and necklaces are pretty cool too )

718db5e3a101cca5a5637573e1476aca.jpg

Bandanas

large_fustany-beauty-hair-10_ways_to_style_your_bandana-7.jpg
    11.jpg
    c3f24adb161acda1432be1ddf3ca7ef3--boy-scout-style-men.jpg

snapbacks, maybe bucket hats

ba55c96d369ace94acbfb7d43bb257b6.jpg
    fb8a3a73d2586149fda48898e6a6d00e.jpg

More plain shirts, tanks and sweaters with logos

image3xxl_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1470318776
    17332731_1567207023308141_2313502439141015552_n.jpg

Button up shirts with patterns

0e7aa06ae5d2a7a519114d29bba0af49.jpg
    8e42329fdd53283bfbe659ff9c4969da.jpg

More flannel options

imageedit_13_6541110616.jpg

Baselball shirts ( plain ones and with logos/patterns )

Vans-OTW-Baseball-T-Shirt-_254324.jpgEmpyre-Georgina-Black-Stripe-%26-Floral-Baseball-T-Shirt-_270758.jpg

Denim and leather jackets

black-leather-jacket-18.jpg60a9fe03bb6bfa334e62e6d606b88c09.jpg
    cba0b17de6e90ef5bc8b5fa077611012.jpg

More jackets in general

1d26bc9f01b2d28fa57b3b433eb494ed.jpg
    thrasher-pentagram-coachs-jacket-maroon-s349287mar-02.101.jpg

Well there's lots more the game is missing, but this is the type of stuff I personally like a lot. And yes, this post is mostly men's stuff because I feel like the game is severely lacking in that department.

Yes!! Omg yes! We also really need hairs like that too! I love the little tight curled hair that came in the toddler stuff too! More hairs like that please EA!

Totally agree on the hair thing. And we could use a lot more fro and curly variations. One thing I noticed is a lot of the female hairstyles go out of their way to be very creative and sometimes even unrealistically beautiful ( pretty much every female Sim has supermodel hair ) and also go with what's trending a lot, while most male hairstyles...well. They get the general idea ( let's say "undercut") but then they just mess it up completely. I know face shape and features all go into the perfect hairstyle for a person, but there's a thin line between making something like asymmetry or a certain style look good and making it look tacky as heck. They constantly nail it with the female Sims but for male hairstyles that's rarely the case.

Alot of the male hairstyles are too similar. I want more quirky hairs for men. Some examples:

jbNSdDs.jpg
    ynfRFrE.jpg
    2raZkgN.jpg
    Zn9LuHO.jpg
    oCIj40N.jpg
    9xH1F6d.jpg
    Ltf56LC.jpg
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I would like to see the short, super-curly style, kinda like what toddlers get in the stuff pack, but for adults:

VVyZp8d.jpg
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    YES more for men Please. and dont say there isn't a men's fashion industry THERE IS. Just because theirs more women in the sims does not mean they dont wont there men looking good also :P.
  • VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    I agree. I like getting my male sim's clothing and whatever else through CC but I don't want to have to resort to that so often. If only they didn't cater to woman so much. I understand it's (probably) the majority players...but us men need some luv'n 2 );
    tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    edited September 2017
    I would like some more work types of clothing (bib overalls) and biker attire like real world motorcycle jackets and leather vests in clothing. More short hairstyles military/crew cuts/flat tops. And yes afros too. We can use Fu Mancho and handlebar mustaches and more beard styles.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I agree. Also, I tend to create more male sims than female sims so I usually have to use custom content while for female sims I have almost no custom content installed.
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I completely agree.
    I especially have noticed this with the Toddler stuff pack.
    A lot for girls with a few for the boys. I mean what? I loved to dress up my little boys too (god that sounds... odd...)
    Most of my males even wear the same because well... there isnt much to it. And I don't want to melt my PC with loads and loads of CC.
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I completely agree.
    I especially have noticed this with the Toddler stuff pack.
    A lot for girls with a few for the boys. I mean what? I loved to dress up my little boys too (god that sounds... odd...)
    Most of my males even wear the same because well... there isnt much to it. And I don't want to melt my PC with loads and loads of CC.

Yes i noticed that too when i was playing today.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    This is something I've been hoping for, for quite a while. I noticed (in regards to fashion), most of my male Sims all pretty much wear the same thing and it really hit me when my Sims introduced her boyfriend to her father....and they nearly had the same outfit. "See dad, you should like him! You guys have the same fashion!"

They really should balance it out in CAS with the women and men items.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2017
    I agree. They honestly did so well during the base game with this, IMHO. I wasn't happier with any other base game than TS4 in terms of male clothing/hair options. It all got worse with each pack, though.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    There's such a massive imbalance that there barely even any male cc in comparison with all the stuff for women.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    There's such a massive imbalance that there barely even any male cc in comparison with all the stuff for women.

It's probably hard to create a new mesh out of nothing since there isn't that much in there people would want to recolor or retexture and or chop up or add to to make a new mesh. Then it's so modern ( I do mean extreme) there aren't even older generations (from a few years ago) I don't mean elderly, hairstyles for guys. Just because there are new styles of guys with their hair all sticking straight up doesn't mean others around fifty would wear that style. There are less and less hairstyles in every game. Nothing looks sillier than a fifty year old Sim in a hairsytle only the under thirty crowd would be toting. We also need more hairsytles to benefit all ages, not just the hip and cool.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I think cats and dogs has made an improvement on this issue, males have a lot of clothing in that pack(in my opinion). I really love the full-body outfit with the tied sweater:)
    MEP199 wrote: »
    I think cats and dogs has made an improvement on this issue, males have a lot of clothing in that pack(in my opinion). I really love the full-body outfit with the tied sweater:)

I agree after watching the CAS VIDEO BY Deligracy it seems there are alot of new clothes and a few trendy hairs. Hope they still add more in the future packs.
  • JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    It seems that even when guys get new CAS items, they feel like rehashes of older stuff we already have.
    It seems that even when guys get new CAS items, they feel like rehashes of older stuff we already have.

I agree. I would like to see more jeans, single earings, new styles.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Cats&Dogs is very satisfying to me in terms of male clothes, for the first time ever with TS4 DLC so I hope they'll keep it up. I wish for more contemporary options (modern streetwear?) instead of same old tshirt+shirt layered stuff. Overall, I still depend on CC for my male sims, which is sad :/
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    They reduce the clothing stuff males get in each pack.
    Example:We get less shoes for males.
    City living had only 3 shoes.

Also the lack beards though.