Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever played all night long?

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
I have a little break coming up, and I was thinking of maybe picking some random night next week and just play all night long, or as long as i can stay up for. I haven't been able to play much, because of uni and now i have some free time, I just recently kind of started having fun with TS4 so I was thinking of maybe picking a challange of my choice and try to complete it.

Has any of you done this? Or something similar?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I've stayed up playing the Sims till 3 am once. I get caught up in playing so much. That's what happens to me a lot
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    boy have I. . . not as much now but sometimes I'm tempted especially when I'm in the midst of renovating neighborhood lots.
    6riwm5.png
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I've stayed up until 2am on Sims 4 a few times but Sims 3 I stayed up all night playing I logged 18 hours in game that day, but it wasn't unusual for me to play 12 hours straight on Sims 3 either. Back in Sims 1 days, I would frequently stay up until the wee hours playing.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Back in the day I did almost every weekend. TS2 and TS3 days. Great times.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I've stayed up playing the Sims till 3 am once. I get caught up in playing so much. That's what happens to me a lot

I've stayed till 3am too, but I usually start like at 11. I'll see if I can make it to 4:30.

boy have I. . . not as much now but sometimes I'm tempted especially when I'm in the midst of renovating neighborhood lots.

Ooooh... yeah that's time consuming
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I've stayed up until 2am on Sims 4 a few times but Sims 3 I stayed up all night playing I logged 18 hours in game that day, but it wasn't unusual for me to play 12 hours straight on Sims 3 either. Back in Sims 1 days, I would frequently stay up until the wee hours playing.
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Back in the day I did almost every weekend. TS2 and TS3 days. Great times.

Back in TS and TS2, I could easily stay up pretty much all night long
    21mbz47.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I did with TS3, but I moved my office out of the basement and TS4 has becoming boring. I used to stay up all night because of the tropical location in TS3, it doesn't exist in TS4.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I did once with TS3, and it was in the early days of TS3. I played until about 4am.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    When the Sims 2 came out I was "Too young" to own a computer (hard to believe there was a time when 12 was considered "Too young" to own a computer). So unfortnately the only copy of Sims 2 we had in the house was on my sister's computer. Since I hardly ever got a chance to play the game when my sister went to her friend's house for the night I went to go play Sims 2 and lost track of time and ended up playing until the sun came up.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I did, a fair few times, in the days of ts2. Not since then though.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have been up all night with my Sims many times , my normal going to sleep time isn't until 3 a.m. or later though so it isn't that hard to do.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have so many times I've lost count. Mostly with the sims 1-3.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    One cannot be a fan of The Sims and not played it for hours and hours. Hehehe. So yeah, I have played sims and not even realize the sun is about to go up. Not often but a couple of times. lol
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I stayed up until 3:30 am playing TS3.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    yes, I have played all day or night long. Mostly in sims 1 and 2. And now 4.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Probably when I was a little younger, also, I know I did stay up pretty late a few times this summer. Lately, I tend to just play a few hours in the evening or on a quiet weekend. It all depends on my schedule, which has changed sometimes. Now, I tend to have a few hours in the evening pretty regularly.

I like the rotational style because I switch houses when I reach certain milestones or when I feel like I need a change. Now, my rotation is pretty established so I can just switch into any household for a few hours and go from there. My game is basically a town of people where all of them kind of know each other but interact in different ways. Now, when something dramatic happens, the others gossip about it. If someone walks into a bar or restaurant, the others there all have back stories too. I know nearly all of the sims except for the regenerating townies who I edit every so often. I consider the townies to be people who move in and out of the town regularly, a few of them stay or get drawn into my rotation.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Sims 2 yes, but not 1, 3 or 4.
    raw
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Now that I think about it, there were all nighters with The Sims as well. I just haven't pulled on with TS4. If I have it was just one, this game doesn't have the same hold on me
  • Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    Done all nighters many times. Usually on the weekend while streaming gameplay & talking with some friends on Skype.
    "Latest" I ever stayed up until was 2:30pm the next day. I try not to that so much anymore, though.
    Recent late night game session was until 6:00am (started at 7:00pm) :sweat: and that was about a month ago
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Im surprised that almost no one has done this with TS4
    21mbz47.jpg
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Staying up all night on the computer and watching tv too many times resulted in permanent eye damage for me. I'm a lot my careful with my screen time these days. I always call it quits before I'm too tired or I'll regret it in the morning.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I stay up late naturally. But usually not simming, I come alive in the night to music bc it's when I'm the only person that exists and I like that. But if I do stay up late simming then I don't intend to, not like a sim all-nighter thing, and I've only done one real all-nighter because of coursework and I couldn't come in to school after bc no sleep whatsoever... But. Uh. I can play sims late, but not like, I'm trying to play it for ages, it's just I'm awake and it's there so I'll play for half an hour or so. Once when I knew there was no way I was going to sleep any time soon I just binge watched some sims 3 youtube horror movies lol.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    Gawd yes. Especially when I was taking adderall every day. Team no sleep!
    2lub093.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've done that quite a few times in TS2 on my old computer by mistake as I lost track of the time and a few times in TS3 though not too much lately though I did stay up too late once working on my CAW project recently.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I've done it a decent amount with 2-3, and maybe a few times with 4. Main reason it hasn't been as much with 4 is because I didn't have a job when I was playing 2 and 3. Just going to school, so I was able to pull more all-nighters without feeling like death the next day.

So, it's more of 'I used to be able to pull all-nighters during the time frame the Sims 2 and 3 were out, and I really can't anymore during the time frame that 4 is out.'
  • siriusblvcksiriusblvck Posts: 155 Member
    I've never played all night long.
    The longest I've ever played, though, was for 6/6 and a half hours straight.
    2qu3r05.gif