Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 - Ideas, Hopes, Predictions (Megathread?)

I wish there was more talk generated about sims 5. If we discuss it more as a community early enough on, maybe some of our ideas and wishes can be implemented in the base game.

Of course, some are very preoccupied with Sims 4, but this is a thread for anything revolving around Sims 5.

What are your thoughts, ideas, and ambitions for the next iteration?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Main Things Id like:
    Return of personality points/a scale of personalities
    Turnon/offs, memories
    A story album/way to write stories in-game
    Color wheel, drag features in CAS
    All life stages, C,T,YA,A,E.
    Cars, all NPCs including some forgotten ones, like Mrs.Crumplebottom and the Sad Clown
    Semi-open world
    Create a Neighborhood
    An aspect of each traditonal expansion in the base game. For example : the base game has rain, cats and dogs, a higher education (like trade school, not a 4 year college) , restaurants etc
    More lore about sim families, like the Goths and Newbies

• fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not ready to talk about it yet
    2lub093.png
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    Updated version of sims 2 with new EPs
  • whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Bring back the open worlds.
    fifilacota wrote: »
    I'm not ready to talk about it yet

Well thanks for contributing to the conversation lol

Updated version of sims 2 with new EPs

What kind of EPs did you have in mind?

Have a turn off switch for aliens adductions, bring back terrain tools, color wheels for clothing and furniture.
  • juicyredjuicyred Posts: 160 Member
    I know there are a lot of people out there that want an open world back for the sims 5. But.. I have an idea for something a little different. What if we had a world but with different small towns that were totally open. So each world would consist of 3-4 small towns that were open without loading screens. But to travel to another town, there will be a loading screen. And you can go in deeper and have different types of towns. A farming community , a city, a suburban town, beach town etc... And towns can trade with each other, townies from other towns will visit, Sims can ask "where are you from?" It would almost be like a smaller version of sim city. What do you think?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    juicyred wrote: »
    I know there are a lot of people out there that want an open world back for the sims 5. But.. I have an idea for something a little different. What if we had a world but with different small towns that were totally open. So each world would consist of 3-4 small towns that were open without loading screens. But to travel to another town, there will be a loading screen. And you can go in deeper and have different types of towns. A farming community , a city, a suburban town, beach town etc... And towns can trade with each other, townies from other towns will visit, Sims can ask "where are you from?" It would almost be like a smaller version of sim city. What do you think?

I like this. And of course the world should be editable just like Sims 2 and 3, so maybe we should be able to "zone" towns to determine the open areas.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I would definitely want the worlds editable. Maybe zoning for towns would just be like very large lots. Then your build smaller lots in the town lot.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I would definitely want the worlds editable. Maybe zoning for towns would just be like very large lots. Then your build smaller lots in the town lot.

Oh, I love that idea! It's like a semi open world
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    I'm happy with TS4, but lets face it, there is gonna be a lot of things that wont be added to TS4. I would love to see a few things in the next chapter in the series:

These would be awesome in the next one... even in Sims 4.
    Create a neighborhood (or generate one)
    Height sliders and genetically passed down height
    Heroes&Villains (with a lair/stronghold option in buildmode)
    Unplayed sims are able to grow a family (example: Pancakes family grows without needing to be played
    My hope is that they add a makeup light/dark slider for men and women, the makeup is way to dark.
    whyaccess wrote: »
    My hope is that they add a makeup light/dark slider for men and women, the makeup is way to dark.

I'd like more variety with makeup as well! Imo a lot of the lipstick makeup doesnt suit dark tones well in ts4 so adding a lot more (even just a wheel for it) would be great.

Drigger wrote: »
    Heroes&Villains (with a lair/stronghold option in buildmode)
    Unplayed sims are able to grow a family (example: Pancakes family grows without needing to be played

Do you mean hero&villians like in a career path? It be cool to have unplayed family progress, but id theres an option to turn it off as well.

edited September 2017
    I also think romance is too easy. If we had a good chemistry system that would be great, besides that, a tons of more interactions/animations.

I have a male sim that gave eyes that had nice eye lids, but under the eyes had big puff or bags that I don't like that well. I try to use eye shadow or eye liner to decrease the puff look, it seems to work, but it to dark, and for men that make up is not in all the formal stages clothing. I think the make up should be in all clothing stages, for men, and it would nice if there were more skin tone eyeshadows for men and women, young and old. Skin tone blushes, lips as well, and the make up slider to lighten or darken. I want to be part of over all look, not its a man wearing make up.
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    Color wheel, open/semi open world, and the ability to place lots - I miss that. I have been playing Sims along time (but not as long as some) and its starting to feel like the same thing over and over. Maybe elements of Sims Medieval-where you have a choice of a story line to play or sandbox mode.
    I do wish our sims could have crushes on some one or think there attractive without really knowing them. Like they see a cute sim and say "I'd like the get to know that sim". And then they could meet them and totally hate there personality or like them more.
  • IISimsGirlIIIISimsGirlII Posts: 10 New Member
    In the Sims 5 I hope there would be create your own world tool! :)
    edited September 2017
    I do wish our sims could have crushes on some one or think there attractive without really knowing them. Like they see a cute sim and say "I'd like the get to know that sim". And then they could meet them and totally hate there personality or like them more.

There is crushes in ts2 but it isnt perfect. If your sim has a crush on a guy and sees him kissing someone, it'll register as cheating. You cant cheat on someone you arent in a relationship with! I do like that the ts3&4 have defined roles. If we had a "crush" meter that can go down if she sees him in a relationship, and can go up with positive interactions with that sim. Once it raises high enough, she can ask them to be their boyfriend, and have that meter raise, respectively.

• ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    Def. want open world! Maybe more ages and more world options?
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    Seasons and University
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm not ready for a new sims game just yet but if ever happens...
    I too would like to see an open world again.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited September 2017
    Gradual Aging
    Height slider
    Logical Emotion system
    Open World
    Seasons and Pets in the base-game to some extent (and I want better detail with Seasons - plants that don't flower during the winter shouldn't have flowers during the winter, for one)
    Open stores/restaurants like in The Sims 1 and 2
    OO2UdmJ.png