Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1080ti not recognized.

Hey guys, I got this message when I hopped in game and I was wondering how this affects my game performance.

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Vondiita wrote: »
    Hey guys, I got this message when I hopped in game and I was wondering how this affects my game performance.

Probably will not effect the game at all, It's just your card is newer and probably not in the database yet.
    crank up the settings to ultra and see how it plays :)
    Make sure your drivers are up too date also.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2017
    EA needs to patch it in. It's still a new card and new cards don't get added for a while. The game just wants to suggest settings for you but you're free to play on ultra and should be able to assuming you have the CPU to match that GPU. Very rarely an unrecognized card can cause graphic issues and in that case, you can add the card yourself but most consider confusing and it's just a pain to do... So don't bother unless you must. This guide is for Sims 3 but the same steps can be applied to Sims 4.

Like chester said, make sure drivers are up to date. Sims 4 can be finicky about out dated drivers.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member
    EA needs to patch it in. It's still a new card and new cards don't get added for a while. The game just wants to suggest settings for you but you're free to play on ultra and should be able to assuming you have the CPU to match that GPU. Very rarely an unrecognized card can cause graphic issues and in that case, you can add the card yourself but most consider confusing and it's just a pain to do... So don't bother unless you must. This guide is for Sims 3 but the same steps can be applied to Sims 4.

Like chester said, make sure drivers are up to date. Sims 4 can be finicky about out dated drivers.
    Vondiita wrote: »

Probably will not effect the game at all, It's just your card is newer and probably not in the database yet.
    crank up the settings to ultra and see how it plays :)
    Make sure your drivers are up too date also.

Thanks!