Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

funkeeferret's Photo Thank You Thread!

Comments

• funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    Anipa and Sebastian at the Fair...

Sebastian didn't want cotton candy, he wanted popcorn! That is what was on his mind. Salty, golden, 'World of Wonder' Popcorn! As a child, he would beg for it. The scent of it used to make him bounce up and down like Tigger, but 'mean old mom' would never give in. "It's bad for your teeth!" she would say. Well, mom isn't here, with the dark cloud she usually carries around, so Sebastian can't wait to have his first box of the infamous golden kernels of popped heaven.

ZyoBOFT.jpg

He and Anipa will both always be kids at heart, he figures. :)

Hdf3dlF.jpg

LMfVijh.jpg

634xARI.jpg

I think Anipa looks especially pretty here. :) I wanted her to sit by the fountain for a photo, but she immediately got up to take another ride on the carousel. Yep, kids at heart they will always be.

hNspjA6.jpg

Anipa and Sebastian are looking forward to spending their first Christmas together. <3
    Continuation of families enjoying the World of Wonder Carousel Set.

OyvZlWO.jpg

The grand carousel in all its beauty! There is an area to the right with picnic tables, where you can grill food.

ZsvQk5n.jpg

DAmmMJV.jpg

OVVxvrS.jpg

The weather has turned cold, but the fair is still open.

5zm7QFi.jpg

Brenda and her family toasting marshmallows.

OXqwL1s.jpg
    Continuation of families enjoying the World of Wonder Carousel Set.
    q26slGW.jpg
    fbdKNnv.jpg
    o4lYa6U.jpg
    adrdD7Q.jpg
    FpPV5Zh.jpg
    Last set of families enjoying the World of Wonder Carousel Set.

"Who wants to ride the carousel again?"
    "We do! We do!"

8x1wUvu.jpg

qat1zpB.jpg

Q1hREWM.jpg

WfLYdgz.jpg

EAHiSiZ.jpg

That's all for the World of Wonder pics, Folks!
    More wonderful gifts! It's time for more thank yous!

Thank you, @lauravonawesome, for the adorable and Sim-nostalgic, Hula Dancer Lamp! I love it! It will go very nicely in a tiki themed setting. Sebastian here, bought it at an estate sale in town. :smiley:

PBnbjOS.jpg

Thank you, @Envyfan, for the Whimsical Wildflowers in peach and cream and the Rustic Loaf Box! These pretty flowers will add so much to my garden.
    And I love the rustic look anyway, so the bread box is perfect for that 'cabin in the woods' kitchen!

lOJhOwq.jpg

JJUzFiz.jpg

edited December 2017
    Another update, more thank you pics for the kind and generous Simmers out there!

@creativity_rulez, thank you very much for the adorable and festive Howling Holiday Pet Bed and Candy Cane Canine Chew! I loooovvve holiday items and these are perfect for my Sim pets! So cute!!! The first pic is the pet bed and the second pic shows the puppy having fun with the candy cane chew. How very sweet of you!

qTteaP9.jpg
    DQb39fx.jpg

@Envyfan, thank you so much for the Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station . This is a great item for my pet-owning Sims who have jobs and aren't always home to feed Fluffy and Fido. Here
    is Tony filling the feeding station. The next pic shows him upgrading
    the feeder with a Smart Sensor that fills the bowl only when your pet is hungry. How cool is that!?

5WwgGWu.jpg
    OXFFzqE.jpg

@Nomiko13 went on a generous holiday
    gifting spree filling the stockings of many of us who are trying to collect objects and complete various sets. Thank you, Nomiko13, for the lovely Overachieving Overhead Cabinet (Double-Sided) from the Bayside Kitchen, one of my favorite kitchen sets! This cabinet is a wonderful addition to my Bayside Kitchen collection.

Duxm2S3.jpg

Thanks again, Everyone! You guys rock!

Post edited by funkeeferret on

@vulpesinculta, thank you so much for the trio of awesome gifts!

Elegant Swirls Deluxe Painting, Haute Hacienda Dining Room- Desert Oasis Floral Vase, and the Happily Hippie Patchwork Pouf! I love them all and so do my Sims!

Dr Matt Mounds has a rare day off. Before he ventures out today, he wants to get started on a sci-fi novel. Let's hope he doesn't get abducted before the book is finished. The Elegant Swirls Deluxe Painting was a recent purchase. It was done by a local artist. Dr Mounds just HAD to have this painting in his spare room.

28npLdj.jpg

Nothing brightens up a room with lively color quite like the Desert Oasis Floral Vase! It's beautiful!

t0Mlc00.jpg
    pyOtCb4.jpg

And finally we have the Happily Hippie Patchwork Pouf, comfortable in almost any setting!

Aro3MMN.jpg
    aiI7Hdp.jpg

Thanks again, @vulpesinculta! The items are so pretty!

@hoplass Thank you so much for the smokin' new dress called Lucky Leather Length ! What a fun surprise that was! I love it! Just in time, too, because my girls are busy choosing their New Years Eve party dresses. Creating the dress in different colors and patterns, let's each girl have their own look... and it keeps the arguments over who gets to wear the dress, at bay. ;)

I couldn't decide which photo to choose, so here are three!

Jennifer
    C8iUuGI.jpg

Jade
    qodppy1.jpg

Jennifer
    X0ItfTf.jpg

Thanks again!
    edited December 2017
    @CravenLestat, thank you so much for the Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop from your 'Betty Simovitch rooster pic ' game! I can already see this chicken coop is going to be lots of fun! We haven't gotten as far as baby chics yet, but we will soon. I can't wait to see how it all works. :D

Oh, and thank you for the gorgeous sequin pattern that I swiped from your studio. I love all things sparkly and shiny so knew as soon as I saw it, that I HAD TO HAVE your sequins patterns. Sebastian is taking Anipa to a New Years Eve party and this is what she is going to wear (see last photo below). I think your pattern looks beautiful on her. She appreciates all the work that went into it (and so does Sebastian). Thanks again for sharing all of your beautiful patterns and for your generosity!

fZFFR62.jpg

uwpB8eD.jpg

There haven't been any fights (yet).

5ggsQvU.jpg

Lol, love this one.
    H0B6vmY.jpg

NpWHg2x.jpg

Gorgeous sequin pattern below was created by CravenLestat.

rTDXmMD.jpg

Happy New Year from Anipa!
    edited December 2017
    @XxHannelorexX, thank you very much for generously hosting the Share A Pic Lottery! I was so thrilled to find out I won second place! :blush: I knew exactly what I wanted as soon as I heard the news. I fell in love with this set the first time I saw it. It's the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty! I love everything about the sea, the coast, shiny blue waters, and yes, Jude525, even the sea gulls! ;) All of it! So here is part 1 (of 4 parts) of the collection of thank you pics of the Sea Shanty. I adore it! Thanks again!

Here is the Sea Shanty in Hidden Springs. So peaceful. So beautiful!

Hh2aUb3.jpg

OEpGl6m.jpg

CoH3fcj.jpg

For a more busy beach feel, here is the Sea Shanty in Sunset Valley. The beach is just a stones throw away!
    LBy9Xkb.jpg

TmflkyX.jpg

And here we are back in Hidden Springs. Sometimes I get confused and call Hidden Springs, Hidden Valley... yes, like the salad dressing.
    lBtQFh2.jpg

More Sea Shanty pics coming! :smiley:
    edited December 2017
    Another update with more photos! Here is part 2 (of 4) of the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty!

Maurea will be living in the Sea Shanty for at least a year. Time to check out what Sandy Shoals has to offer.
    OTEWMls.jpg

Gotta love that wrap around porch!
    dt6d9oP.jpg

We see a cute little boat house or fisherman's hut out back by the pool. Oh, look at that pool! -- the whole reason for her being here! Maurea is a natural born swimmer. Her grandpa used to call her 'little Guppie!' Maurea can't wait to jump in the pool and try out the Sun and Fun Wave Station!
    xhZPDbB.jpg

Maurea (her friends call her Mauri) finds the key under the welcome mat and enters the house through the bright blue doors!
    myM0XTH.jpg

She thinks of all the meals she will make and share in the blue and green kitchen. She looovvves the pebble-look mirror above the table with the little picnic basket.
    U1A57hb.jpg

Oh, cool! A powder room on the first floor. Spiral stairs lead to two additional floors above. Like most beach houses, beds are squeezed into every available nook and cranny!
    HU4pe0y.jpg

more pics soon!

This is part 3 (of 4) of the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty!

bTfL7pL.jpg

Oh, ahhhh.... the pool feels as refreshing as it looks!
    TaSoAOi.jpg

4jLeuTl.jpg

FxDToVt.jpg

oJbObnw.jpg

edited January 2018
    This is part 4 (of 4) of the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty!

Mauri wonders what's inside the fisherman's hut.
    WTubf6m.jpg

That's funny, it's locked.
    DM9NWX9.jpg

Well, she will have to check things out later. Time to unpack and have a bite to eat.
    QQWLKIX.jpg

Here is a night time shot of Sandy Shoals in Sunset Valley.
    bPEY7vH.jpg

And this is a snowy pic of the Sunset Valley Sea Shanty. Siblings, Violet and Brandon Storm, bought the Sunset Valley Shanty just before a violent snowstorm blasted its way through town. Not used to snow and ice, both siblings have taken headers down the front steps. Violet's fall was a particularly nasty one. As luck would have it, the kind old folks three doors down, sent their son, Dr Matt Mounds, over to check her out. Dr Mounds was visiting his parents at the time and rushed right over to check on Violet. Imagine Violet's surprise when the dashing young doctor turned out to be single.

oF20dPX.jpg

Dr Mounds sits on the coffee table, across from Violet, who is seated on the sofa and removes the ice pack from her ankle.
    Dr Mounds: "So tell me, just what was it you were doing when you fell down the stairs?"
    Violet tousles the snowflakes out of her platinum blonde hair with a flippant hand and says,
    "Honestly, Dr Mounds, I don't remember. It all happened so fast."

Q0fNQdg.jpg

But back in Hidden Springs, Mauri is looking forward to her new life at the Sandy Shoals House. And here is this awesome porch, the perfect place to make new memories.
    pC9rAPJ.jpg

Thanks again, XxHannelorexX!
    edited December 2017
    @blacksheba1973, thank you so much for all the awesome gifts!!!

The Brigitte Hairdo
    The Woodsy Wedding Arch Bohemian Garden
    One with Earth Garden Gazebo Bohemian Garden
    Dimensional Dress
    Magic Jewel Sash Dress
    Leaf and Lace Cocktail Dress

My girls had such a great time trying on all those dresses and I had a lot of fun decorating them and photographing them. I couldn't decide on just one color/pattern, so I'm showing each dress in more than one color, lol, because I have a lot of Sim girls! It looks like they're all set for New Years Eve! Love all the gifts!

Let's start out with the Brigitte Hair do in shades of auburn and black. So pretty!
    uCkynYt.jpg
    s1q29j8.jpg

Below we have Sienna in the Dimensional Dress in a variety of colors:
    z3jIleY.jpg
    E4dhafh.jpg
    H9iu0FI.jpg
    IWP5dA5.jpg

more pics coming up...
    edited December 2017
    Here is part 2 (of 4) of the beautiful gifts received from @blacksheba1973!

I'm trying to get all caught up before New Years!

Once again, here is Sienna in the Dimensional Dress
    kHwWAYb.jpg

GQOjD3B.jpg

Switching models now to Marsha, below, who loves pink, and is wearing the Leaf and Lace Cocktail Dress in 4 assorted shades. I have had Marsha in my game for a very long time, but she's not my oldest Sim. Sometimes I scare myself when I see their ages. Yikes!
    WrdMt2H.jpg
    iVx8voK.jpg

Oooo, love this one!
    FxkFEdH.jpg

And, the stunning sequin pattern below was created by the talented CravenLestat for his Sims 3 studio. I hope it's ok to show the pattern here. If not, I will remove it! It's just gorgeous and Marsha loves sparkly things!
    8ZKSlMn.jpg

More pics soon!
    edited January 2018
    Here is part 3 (of 4) of the lovely gifts received from @blacksheba1973!

Here we have townie, Faith Bellamy, who I "rescued" from oblivion. Faith is modeling the Magic Jewel Sash dress. She is trying to figure out which color to wear to the New Years Eve party, red or purple. I'm thinking red is her color!

qkBqzTJ.jpg
    R3pJPpe.jpg

Below, we have Sandy, my third oldest Sim ever. I will find out how many days old she is. It's a shocker! Sandy is also modeling the Magic Jewel Sash dress.

OjoXPVY.jpg
    ZnUr9hZ.jpg
    uH5bMsK.jpg

Here we go - Sandy's Sim age: about 421 days old at the time this was taken.
    I1AryjF.jpg

My oldest Sim, however, is about 486 days old. I never seem to get tired of them. <3

More pics soon! Gotta beat my self imposed New Years deadline! ;)
    edited December 2017
    Here is part 4 (of 4) of the pretty gifts received from @blacksheba1973!

Finishing off the dresses with Sandy, once again wearing the Magic Jewel Sash dress for those who like to be 'pretty in pink' or 'frozen in blue' (much to the disappointment of their dates) ;).

anHM9vd.jpg
    OJqLhw7.jpg

Below is the most awesome One with Earth Garden Gazebo from the Bohemian Garden Set. It's beautiful and I love it!

IoSWadx.jpg
    FSRBZok.jpg

And finally, below, we have Anipa and Sebastian of Hidden Springs, checking out the Woodsy Wedding Arch, also from the Bohemian Garden Set.
    They're so much in love. Who knows what 2018 will bring for those two crazy kids!

5i5TyTb.jpg

Thanks again, blacksheba1973!. I love all of the gifts! I've been working on the Bohemian Garden set, so it was so nice to have the Gazebo and the wedding arch to add to the collection! Happy New Year to you!
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    You're welcome. You have some nice looking girls there. :)
    YShQCz1.png
    You're welcome. You have some nice looking girls there. :)

Thank you for the compliment! It is much appreciated! :)
    edited January 2018
    @themissamandmae, thank you so much for the French Lady Bodice. As soon as I saw it in the store, I knew what I wanted to do with it. It's perfect for what I have in mind and I love it! <3

Ginger is our model. :)
    FzfzX04.jpg
    p1R3FJE.jpg

The Island Paradise photo below is for @Jude525. :smiley: Thanks for everything!
    flOmQvh.jpg
    edited March 2018

Happy New Year, Everyone! :D
    Well, it looks like with the start of the New Year, I will no longer have the time to devote to a photo thank you thread. So sorry about that. :/ I sure had lots of fun posting all these photos of my Sims enjoying all the wonderful gifts.
    Without trying to sound presumptuous, if I am fortunate enough to receive any gifts in the future, I will continue to post thank yous, there will just not be any pics to go along with those thank yous. It does not mean I am less grateful. It only means I have less time to do so.
    Thanks so much for understanding,
    funkeeferret <3:)

*Edited on March 9, 2018. I decided I will try, as time permits, to keep this a photo thank you thread. It will just take me longer to post the thank you photos this year due to a busier real life. I had so much fun posting all photos in 2017 and I didn't like to see that part of my gratitude come to an end. :)
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Amazing thread! It's okay to not post pictures, I don't do that, too. But, I've got some inspiration from the thread, and now I want to add the people who are (perhaps) missing from my thank you thread, see what I can do with their gifts, and then show them off. :)
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Amazing thread! It's okay to not post pictures, I don't do that, too. But, I've got some inspiration from the thread, and now I want to add the people who are (perhaps) missing from my thank you thread, see what I can do with their gifts, and then show them off. :)

@ninaumi, thank you for visiting and for the kind words. I used to enjoy taking pics of my gifts. I haven't had much time to play the game these days. Have fun with your thank you thread! :)

Hi All, I was finally able to find some time to play my game and install some store goodies and gifts I have received in 2018, so decided to post some pics to show my appreciation. :smiley:

@vampyrelucia thanks so much for the lovely Pineapple Pottery. It sure does add some color and beautification to tropical venues. I have special plans for it in one of my WIP builds, but, for now, here are some examples of the Pineapple Pottery taken in various locations in Isla Paradiso.
    0acqhx8.jpg
    0UqM7Ih.jpg
    pjJq1MD.jpg

@debbycanty thank you for the Souped Up Napkin Holder. It's adorable and perfect for my future diner! Even it's name gave me inspiration.
    @Envyfan thanks a lot for the Tropical Fruit Bowl. It's lovely and can be used in both, my Sims homes, and all my tropical venues!
    Cz9VoQm.jpg

@BlueSpaarkle aka @xysimmer422 Thank you for the Tiki Island Counter and the Faire Folk Bird House. The Tiki Island Counter is a wonderful tiki item. I love having all of these awesome tiki items in my game! And that bird house is so very sweet!
    Q6k67Am.jpg
    D8MH6Cq.jpg

Thank you to @ZeeGee for the cool Mock Hawk hair-do for men and also the very pretty and versatile Athletic Dress. These were gifts I received for participating in the Gift of Creation game. And thanks to @creativemetaphor for donating her points back into the game. Love both of these items!
    Mock Hawk
    9cd8som.jpg

Athletic Dress
    02ADmYO.jpg
    Ou5jmj9.jpg

Thanks to All of You for the awesome goodies! I really appreciate it and so do my Sims. :blush:
    edited March 2018
    Wow, according to my Saves, it's been a month since I was able to find time to play my game. :open_mouth:
    I've been busy installing goodies, though, so here is a photo update of some of the recent gifts I have received from some very generous simmers, @Daydreamer2543 and @angelchrome. Thank you so much!!!!

More photos coming soon. :)

Here come the BRIDES!!!
    Daydreamer2543 was kind enough to bestow some beautiful wedding gowns and other wedding items, upon my brides, bridezillas, and bride wannabees.

This is Andrea in the lovely wedding gown It's All in the Hips from Daydreamer2543. Andrea is choosing her dress first, and her husband, later. There are plenty of eligible young bachelors for her to choose from and by the looks of things, she will have no problem snagging one.

TJo185A.jpg

Next up is rescued townie, Faith Bellamy. Originally slated for the delete button (or worse), somehow Faith was spared, has a sweetie of her own, and is pretty certain he will be popping the question soon. The would-be groom, however, is not so sure about the faithful part of Faith, in the long-term or even in the short, so he is dragging his feet in the question popping department. Faith is modeling the pretty Ace of Lace, courtesy of Daydreamer2543. I have to say, she looks quite sweet in this wedding dress even though she's not all that sweet to begin with. ;)

YK2EuIY.jpg

Rita, a successful surgeon and genius, is about to be engaged to Reed, an astronaut and fellow genius. Reed would be surprised to learn that Rita has been visiting bridal shops. He thinks she has no clue that he is going to ask her to marry him. I guess Reed can sometimes be a clueless genius. Rita is modeling the beautiful Beach Wedding Dress from Daydreamer2543.

rRvnj1I.jpg

Once again, here is Faith Bellamy, She is modeling the gorgeous Off-Shoulder Gown from Daydreamer2543. Faith's sweetie is a well-known townie that deserves someone who loves him and him alone. Time will tell him (and me) if she is ready for a now and forever relationship.

hvZD80b.jpg

I haven't quite figured out how to get the formal hairdos matched up with the formal dresses for photos, but here we have Rita trying on the pretty Long Hair With Veil from Daydreamer2543.

KI28EZQ.jpg

Beautiful Andrea is obsessed with lingerie. She has quite a collection too, but a girl can never have too much and besides, it's never too early to choose your honeymoon trouseau. Here is Andrea modeling SimSilk Lingerie, one of the many items generously gifted by angelchrome. Every smart girl knows there is nothing quite like silk. NOTHING!

q4Au0HH.jpg
    b2cshUe.jpg

This is Leela. She is wearing Charming Choli a most beautiful top gifted by angelchrome. Leela is a highly successful chef. She also has the dubious distinction of having the longest running engagement in my game. We are talking real life years. Yes, years, due to my 5 year hiatus from Sims, lol. If her fiance, a successful author, doesn't agree to set the date soon, he might end up with his head on a platter.

wnAqZtJ.jpg

Here is Nathan wearing R & R gifted by angelchrome. I've had my eye on this handsome suit jacket for quite some time and so have my guys. Nathan, an athlete, is dating Gina, a kindergarten teacher. Will there be wedding bells in the future? Only time will tell. I know of one bachelor in my game who dated Gina once or twice and would like another chance with her. It might be too late though. Gina and Nathan are considered a couple around town, but you never know. You just never know.

HoxIBgh.jpg
    Thanks again! :blush: