Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's Your Favorite YouTube Simmer?

I have a few so I suppose this may be an unfair question, but my Number One is @Koffee ! I love her videos, intricacy and dedication to The Sims! I always watch her videos especially on bad days and she always incorporates positivity into her streams. I also really like Deligracy. She is Sim Gold. She loves the game more than I ever will and I love the game a lot! Lol. Third, he doesn't really play the game but he does reviews and I LIVE for them; LazyGame Reviewers. He's like my twin with what he says. Lol. I also love xurbansimsx, theenglishsimmer, vixella and I just discovered kaleidow. She's like my female sim twin. So who do you like and why?
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have only two that I follow and faithfully watch; James Turner (aka The Sim Supply) and Andrew Arcade. They are both amazingly talented builders and very personable. Their playstyles are very different. James doesn't care to spend much time in CAS and some of his choices make me laugh. It's endearing! Andrew on the otherhand seems to love CAS and takes the time needed to style his Sims very well in my opinion.

Live mode gameplay is very different for these two as well. James is in love with the speed 3 button and consequently he misses a lot and things end up in mass chaos quite often. He gets frustrated sometimes when his plans don't pan out and yells at his Sims. It's hilarious, I love it!

I love how he tries so many different challenges, some established, but the really fun ones are those he makes up himself. They sometimes end up in spectacular failure, like the '200 Toddler Challenge', but more often than not he triumphs.

Andrew is more meticulous. More often than not his plans for the session go smoothly, but his Sims still do surprise him all the time with their spontaneous actions. He just laughs and goes with the flow, sometimes changing his plans on the fly.

Andrew seems to be more into doing series of videos for EPs and GPs, weaving stories for his characters as they go. I've never seen him do a short challenge before, but I haven't been watching his vids as long as James. I absolutely LOVE when he does machinimas!

One thing I think that really helps in the enjoyment of watching videos by these two is their voices. They're both very soothing to listen to, in particular James. There's just something cool (dare I say sexy) about an Aussie accent to me. :) His signature crazy laugh makes me smile too! He loves to joke around and doesn't take things too seriously, very authentic and not afraid to say what he thinks needs improvement in the game and features he wishes it had. I really love that about him!

Love both of these Youtube Simmers and I encourage anyone who hasn't watched their videos yet to check them out! They're a lot of fun to watch!

Happy Simming! <3
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Deligracy. I love her personality and her playstyle. She is just so funny.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited September 2017
    This is the Stuff Pack board, btw.

But to answer your question, LGR for reviews. Even if I don't always agree with him, I appreciate his brutal honesty.
    But CaptainSauce for gameplay. He really captures the bizarre-ness of The Sims in a way that feels true to himself, and isn't just lolrandom for lolrandom's sake, and he inspires me to try new ways of playing the game, as he's a fantastic storyteller.

Deligracy is far too sugary sweet for me. I feel a little bit nauseated every time she squeals about how cute something is. I'm like, yes, that television set you plopped down is adorable, but maybe take it down a notch.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I love Sims and thoroughly enjoy playing sims but I honestly don't have a favorite youtuber for sims. I actually rarely watch any youtube about the sims. Sometimes I'll happen on a video if I've looked up something but it's very rare.

I don't even know why. I have faves for the other games I play. It would make sense that for sims, which is the first pc game I ever played, I would watch tubers and yet I don't.

/hangs her head in shame
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    This is the Stuff Pack board, btw.

But to answer your question, LGR for reviews. Even if I don't always agree with him, I appreciate his brutal honesty.
    But CaptainSauce for gameplay. He really captures the bizarre-ness of The Sims in a way that feels true to himself, and isn't just lolrandom for lolrandom's sake, and he inspires me to try new ways of playing the game, as he's a fantastic storyteller.

Deligracy is far too sugary sweet for me. I feel a little bit nauseated every time she squeals about how cute something is. I'm like, yes, that television set you plopped down is adorable, but maybe take it down a notch.

They moved this to the Stuff Pack board, I didn't. I love LGR.
    71rbpi.png
  • squinoasquinoa Posts: 36 Member
    Deligracy is my go-to simmer and SimLivinColor.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I just started watching YT Simmers a few months ago so I don't know many, but my favorite so far is James (The Sim Supply). Honorable mention to LGR because his reviews are always hilarious.
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    I love LGR too, his play style is refreshingly different than mine and he always gets me cracking up!

My all time favorite Youtube Simmer is StarlightSims, though. She's a family style player who doesn't use cheats every five minutes and her voice doesn't annoy the absolute plum out of me (which honestly is the most important aspect when I watch a Simming channel). My other top channels are Vixella and Koffee
    294i51u.jpg
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    I'm going to check out StarlightSims soon, thanks @JunoSims :)
  • JunoSimsJunoSims Posts: 74 Member
    No problem @honeywitch! Plus if you like Sims 2 and Sims 3, she does videos with those, not just Sims 4
    294i51u.jpg
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Lifesimmer even tho she isn't making vids anymore. Xurbansimx is amazing her storytelling is unlike a lot of other simmers where they just play as they go but she has backstories for her characters and it's just so much fun to watch. I also love foreign simmer she makes machinimas basically tv shows like videos with the sims.
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Lifesimmer even tho she isn't making vids anymore. Xurbansimx is amazing her storytelling is unlike a lot of other simmers where they just play as they go but she has backstories for her characters and it's just so much fun to watch. I also love foreign simmer she makes machinimas basically tv shows like videos with the sims.

LifeSimmer was my favorite! I wonder why she stopped making videos.
    71rbpi.png
    JunoSims wrote: »
    No problem @honeywitch! Plus if you like Sims 2 and Sims 3, she does videos with those, not just Sims 4

Cool! Who also plays with #TS2 and #TS3? I love watching Let's Plays of #TS3!
    71rbpi.png
    JunoSims wrote: »
    I love LGR too, his play style is refreshingly different than mine and he always gets me cracking up!

My all time favorite Youtube Simmer is StarlightSims, though. She's a family style player who doesn't use cheats every five minutes and her voice doesn't annoy the absolute plum out of me (which honestly is the most important aspect when I watch a Simming channel). My other top channels are Vixella and Koffee

I love Koffee and Vixella too; so since I like both of them, I will have to try StarlightSims also! Disregard the previous comment. Lol. I know who you're talking about now! XD
    71rbpi.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have a few, Generally LGR, Onlyabidoang and Sim Supply. Sim supply was actually the simmer that inspired me to build in TS4.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• hanbamhanbam Posts: 51 Member
    I tend to watch Deligracy quite a bit, because her let's plays are so detailed and she works really hard on developing the story.

Recently I've been watching PeachPlays a lot. She only does builds, but imo they're all great lots.
    Gallery: HanbamSims | Twitter: HanbamSims | Youtube: Hanbam
  • SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    I love Deligracy and Vixella, they my boos <3
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• IISimsGirlIIIISimsGirlII Posts: 10 New Member
    SmilinSims Same I love Deligracy!!! :) Also love your pics!! :wink:
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    hatsy and simproved. <3
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• mandyyportomandyyporto Posts: 181 Member
    i like hatsy. and 2 brazilian ones called Jr e Mi and Nat Cavalcante...
    oau8f7.jpg
  • jmattgamingjmattgaming Posts: 18 Member
    Sim Supply, Deligracy, TheEnglishSimmer and Koffee, dependant on what mood I'm in :)
  • GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member

I like my own vids but then they have a lot of meaning to me. I like a bunch of others, I just think they would be so much better if they were narrated with a voice instead of reading text. My prob is I am a noob so a lot of the building ones go way over my head though I enjoy watching how skilled others are. Amazing artists in this game. SodaGnome on YouTube

CIaUygT.jpg
  • fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I really like lil simsie,
    She seems like an awesome person
  • pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited September 2017
    Currently the three main Simming channels I watch are lilsimsie, Thetideschanging, and theplumdot.

lilsimsie has a few TS4 LPs going at the moment and she does a lot of building and renovating.

Thetideschanging has some of my favorite LPs. Her TS4 LP is currently on Season 2 and it's by far my favorite sims LP I've watched. She is a great story teller and also does a lot of speed builds.

theplumdot has a TS3 channel only. At the moment she just has speed builds and CAS videos but she's a great builder and has great commentary.

I do a lot of builds and CAS videos on my channel. I've attempted LPs, but I'm still trying to get used to those. I have mostly TS4 videos, but I also have a few builds and Create a Pet videos for TS3. If you're interested: Artsie-Simmer
    ofNj4ul
  • JessPlaysJessPlays Posts: 58 Member
    Well my channel of course :P

Haha seriously though, I watch Lilsimsie and Kims Sims both for builds, I'm not super into watching LP's