Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hottub Woohoo Broke Wishes?

So after having two of my sims woohoo in the hottub during their last sim-day, they have both now refused to roll wishes. There are no other sims in household, so I'm unsure if other sims would be affected.

I read online that someone had this problem with a single sim in their household with no other sims affected and that it fixed itself, but for mine it is affecting two sims. All in my household. It has been at least a sim-day now and they both have not rolled any wishes...

Does anyone know if this is an issue or are my sims just extremely content?
I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    The game's Dream Manager does break down like this sometimes. If not averse to using mods, or already using NRaas anyway, a MasterController Reset of the sims or the household in question should fix this. There is also an NRaas DebugEnabler command on sims to Restart Dream Manager that should do the same but be more gentle about it.

Without mods, or if the above doesn't work, retreat to Edit Town. Evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy their residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move the sims back in without having left the screen. That kind of "reset" should also kickstart the Dream Manager.

Note that any of these methods will kick up a fair number of "beginning of the game" type wishes for a while, but then things should calm down and be more normal again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The game's Dream Manager does break down like this sometimes. If not averse to using mods, or already using NRaas anyway, a MasterController Reset of the sims or the household in question should fix this. There is also an NRaas DebugEnabler command on sims to Restart Dream Manager that should do the same but be more gentle about it.

Without mods, or if the above doesn't work, retreat to Edit Town. Evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy their residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move the sims back in without having left the screen. That kind of "reset" should also kickstart the Dream Manager.

Note that any of these methods will kick up a fair number of "beginning of the game" type wishes for a while, but then things should calm down and be more normal again.

Thank you so much for you response. Luckily, I didn't have to totally reset their wishes. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, since one of them that a 5,000 happiness point wish on his promised board. Thankfully, after a day for one of them, and about a day and a half for the other, they finally started rolling new wishes again. :)
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    That happens too sometimes, or sometimes when they resume the sims keep pulling the same two or three wishes repeatedly. To me it's still scary when things get stuck because an elder who doesn't have long to live will typically draw far fewer (or no) wishes than the others so it can be a bit spooky to see this on younger sims. But glad that seems to have just fixed itself, regardless. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net