NOVEMBER 15 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Sims 3 Launcher Issue...Need Advice and Help!

Okay, recently I have had some issues getting the launcher to INSTALL things in my downloads folder. The launcher will initiate like normal when I press the install button but when the loading screen is just about done, the "Sims 3 Has Stopped Working" window appears and it turns the install sequence off. I am running my game with NO CC just nraas mods which are fully up to date. There is just one mod installed a expanded painting mod (adds more variety to a Sims paintings). I have refreshed the folder, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and it is STILL happening. I can play just fine, but cannot use the launcher to install content. I would like to be able to download from the store but if it wont even install whats the use?

I've included the crash file my game generated. Maybe someone can make heads or tails of it for me. My computer is brand-new and has had no problems actually running the game. So I am at a loss. I need help! Also posted in Tech area.

[Build info]
Application: Sims3
BuildTime: 2015-1-6-0801
BuildUser: Unknown
BuildHost: Unknown
BuildConfig: Release
BuldVersion: 0.2.0.32
Commandline: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe -ccinstall:"C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\tsl1505299908.tmp" -r:450x350 -w -nosound

[System info]
Computer name: DESKTOP-M7VNDD8
Computer DNS name: DESKTOP-M7VNDD8
User name: Admin
EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
OS name: Windows Vista
OS version number: 6.2.9200
OS service pack:
Debugger present: no
CPU count: 4
Processor type: x86
Processor level: 22
Processor revision: 12289
Memory load: 69%
Total physical memory: 3768 Mb
Available physical memory: 1145 Mb
Total page file memory: 10911 Mb
Available page file memory: 6340 Mb
Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
Free virtual memory: 3299 Mb

[Application info]
Language: C++
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
App path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe
App version: 0.2.0.32

[Exception info]
date: 2017-09-13
time: 03.54.42
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004
address: 0x005318bb "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x001308bb
My YT: greengablesglen9
Hogwarts House: Slytherin/Hufflepuff=Slytherpuff
Ilvermorny School: The Horned Serpent
Patronus: Snowy Owl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVDJN%3FKOP--A-hEzTHE_EEEhhpFFHAtThTt_eZ-IF%26eKIPGHeTeHz_GtZAZTF-FHE-e_ZzGA_AZZAT%26N4Pz%26XPQW1CxnX79I+%3DeQ52c+CHOQAeJU8BgolrVxjrX_q%3DFsM%26mPz%26NPX55g%25F1%25GQ%25GQWVs.gvUfVvB4%2F.Bf5%25GQBfi9%25GQGbzF%25GQbtcVfs1c%2Fa195vW9f.%3Dgs%26gPIfm-Y%2CHGEA.z

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 17,776 Member
    You need to clear your internet browser history . This includes IE even if you don't use it.
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,264 Member
    How do I clear the internet history? I've never tried that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVDJN%3FKOP--A-hEzTHE_EEEhhpFFHAtThTt_eZ-IF%26eKIPGHeTeHz_GtZAZTF-FHE-e_ZzGA_AZZAT%26N4Pz%26XPQW1CxnX79I+%3DeQ52c+CHOQAeJU8BgolrVxjrX_q%3DFsM%26mPz%26NPX55g%25F1%25GQ%25GQWVs.gvUfVvB4%2F.Bf5%25GQBfi9%25GQGbzF%25GQbtcVfs1c%2Fa195vW9f.%3Dgs%26gPIfm-Y%2CHGEA.z

• igazorigazor Posts: 13,230 Member
    edited September 13
    Clearing IE: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

But if that doesn't help, there are two other things worth trying.

-- Run the game from an Admin account if you aren't already.
    -- It could be that your already installed store content is for some reason flawed and getting in the way of the new installs. You may need to dump what you have and install all of it again. That would mean pulling all of the ebc files out of your DCCache Folder -- this is where already installed content lives. Or, slightly more drastic, pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping and see if you can get the store content to install on the clean game folder that will take its place on the next launch. You would then want to put your mods setup and saved games back into the new game folder, if this actually works out better.
    edited September 14
    @igazor cleaning all internet browser history is easier using ccleaner

@ElijahsBabyGurl9 . Download ccleaner it's free https://www.piriform.com/products

you can clean all your internet browser history using ccleaner. How to use http://m.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner
    edited September 15
    @igazor @phoebebebe13 Okay I followed the advice you both gave (aside from uninstalling and reinstalling all of my EPs/SPs/Basegame) and I'm still getting errors. I can install content now but the game wont start up past the loading screen. Here is the latest error crash file it gave me. What do I need to do now to fix it? (uninstalling is my last resort)!

Also I removed the mods and nraas mods. I plan on redownloading and installing them as soon as my game is working properly. So as of right now, there are NO mods in my game.

And I dont know if this will help but here is my dxdiag. (hope I used pastebin correctly)
    https://pastebin.com/SAuQCnPe

[Application info]

[Exception info]
    date: 2017-09-15
    time: 00.57.24
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000004
    address: 0x005318bb "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x001308bb

[Call stack]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe
    0x005318bb

0x005323ad

0x00501cb8

0x005032e8

0x0050188f

0x004d993b

0x005032f1

0x00503351

@ElijahsBabyGurl9 Your processor and video card are integrated and below requirements to run the game. Your video card/processor use the same computer ram along with windows 10, the game , origin and other programs. You also only have 4gb computer ram to run all that. The game alone needs 3.5 ram. You need extra ram to run the rest of your computer. You might be able to get away with the base game and earlier issued eps. What eps are you trying to play? @igazor input thanks
    @phoebebebe13 I am trying to run the basegame, pets, seasons and generations plus one or two SPs. Once I actually get the game running it has no issues with game play or graphics. It does really well in fact despite the low ram. I know that this computer has memory issues but then again ALL of the computers I own are the same way (I cannot afford a gaming computer or a higher end pc for running the game on my salary). As long as I can play the EPs I mentioned I'm happy.

If I can get the game to cooperate and let me install NRAAS mods I'll have an easier time with game play.

(got another crash file)
    [Application info]

[Exception info]
    date: 2017-09-15
    time: 04.42.45
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000000d4
    address: 0x009ec6ac "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe":0x0001:0x005eb6ac

[Call stack]
    0x009ec6ac

0x009ed60d

0x009548d7

@ElijahsBabyGurl9 I think your problem is trying to run Pets and seasons. Those two eps need a mid range gaming computer to run them. They are the two most powerful EPs in the game. Have you tried uninstalling Pets and seasons?
    edited September 15
    No one ever said anything prior about uninstalling and reinstalling the game and its packs. My advice, earlier on, was to pull the TS3 user game folder out of Documents for safekeeping and let a new one spawn on the next attempted loadup to take its place and see if that works any better with respect to player added content and getting through the game's startup procedure without crashing. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game and its EP/SPs target the Program Files, not the game folder in Documents, and are almost never a good plan as that rarely accomplishes anything. The Program Files are what they are, it's not like they change or go bad even over time once the game is patched up (which Origin takes care of).

After reading the dxdiag, afraid I have to agree. This computer's processor and graphics card are under-powered to run TS3 with the heavy EPs and RAM is too tight. You may be able to get away with the base game and a couple of the earliest EPs on low graphics settings in game options and at a low resolution. Pets, Seasons, IP, ITF, possibly a few of the other later released ones would probably be out of the question. Of the EPs you listed, I think you really have to set Pets and Seasons aside for now, they are the two heaviest and your computer really cannot be expected to handle them very well, if at all. SPs don't add any real overhead over the base game. Also, if not already doing so, try to play offline (not logged in at the Launcher or in-game levels), switch off the in-game EA Store shopping experience and the Hidden Object startup game from Game Options to relieve stress on the game as it launches, and turn off the sims' scrapbook memories.

Whether it would be any fun to play without Pets and Seasons and all of the Game Options reduced would be up to you of course, but forcing this computer to run that much more than it was designed to is very likely going to lead to burning its components out. It's just not made for graphics processor intensive games. Although not modern in any sense as TS3 was released in 2009, it does have some requirements and is not very forgiving when they are not met.

These crash logs really don't tell us very much, I'm afraid, other than the game is crashing which of course we already know. Sorry that I don't have better news than that to report but this is a computer that would take much better to TS2 than TS3 beyond the base game.
    I have tried uninstalling Pets and Seasons and the pc runs the game at the pace it usually does when they are installed. I could live without seasons but Pets is the main EP I play. Maybe I could run just pets and gen on this pc and leave it at that. Thank you both for your help. I will also look into Sims 2 though to be honest I've never played it. If I need more help I'll come back. Thank you.

Pets alone requires a 2.4 GHz processor and a dedicated graphics card, both of which are lacking here. Good luck though, I hope you can find a compromise that works for you on your available hardware.
    edited September 15
    I have tried uninstalling Pets and Seasons and the pc runs the game at the pace it usually does when they are installed. I could live without seasons but Pets is the main EP I play. Maybe I could run just pets and gen on this pc and leave it at that. Thank you both for your help. I will also look into Sims 2 though to be honest I've never played it. If I need more help I'll come back. Thank you.

Leaving pets installed as @igazor explained can ruin your computer .