Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Iron Seagull confirms the Controls are bad

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't think the controls are bad at all. I am actually really impressed with them. There are more and more games that are primarily played with a mouse making it over to consoles with good controls. The days of not being able to play those types of games on consoles are over.

Ive heard a lot of good things said about the controls in the reviews ive watched, people seem to be having more of an issue with the UI scale and the fact it doesnt fit their screen size and you end up with the UI in the middle of the screen
    LauraMSim wrote: »
    This is why i dont trust reviews. Everyone i know that had the free trial or EA said the controls were hard at first but they love it. Its just like PC.

Hopefully it won't be as bad.
    I am worried about building walls and roofs.
    Are the towns and lots completely the same as pc?
    Do we get all tools for building?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    With all the problems this game has at the moment, people are complaining about controls, really? The controls should be the last thing peop,e should be complaining about right now

The people complaining about the controls may already own it on PC. My daughter purchased it for herself on PS4 and asked me to try it. I see the console version as subpar, and the bad wonky controls are only part of the reason. Guess I see mouse controls as superior to the game controller. I also play with mods to make the game run better on PC so the glitches and lag seen on console are normally just fixed by certain mods on PC. I also use the gallery for extensively, so the fact it i s not available was a big turn off. I can build a home 5 times faster on PC as well. Learned that when my daughter asked for assistance building.

I agree about it being a subpar. I think its brilliant for players that dont have access to a pc, its nice to see they can finally play the game. But when you have played on pc then go to console you kind of cant look past all the things you normally dont have to deal with on pc if that makes sense. Im a very fussy person anyway when it comes to textures/graphics as thats just me, im fussy. So when i play console it irritates me same for the bug which will get fixed eventually.