Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's the rest of the fitness items

2...Next

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2017
    Karallyne wrote: »
    Falynios wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    When are we going to get a style other than modern tho.

which other stuff pack has a modern style besides fitness stuff?
    oh right... none of them

Dude lol do you even own anyway.

Luck party
    Cool kitchen
    Perfect pattio
    More in other packs

So what you mean is you did not know any, not none of them.

The Sims 4 as more modern than anything else.

You should get your facts straight before posting;)

None of those packs are modern themed. They all have traditional suburban style furniture with the exception of luxury party, which has a much more 40s-60s style to it what with the fondue and serving stations and all.

The fact you would call luxury party "modern" especially though gave me an excellent laugh, thank you for that.

Agreed... The only packs which come across to me as "modern" are fitness stuff and spa day.

Running on electricity doesn't make something modern in the stylistic sense. At least not in 2017... sorry.

I did not list all anyway.
    Those two have modern in.

Both of you need to check photos or in game.

The is loads of modern and colorful content.

Something other than colorful and modern styles would really improve this game.
    Especially exterior content.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited October 2017
    Double post

• samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member

oh right... none of them

Luck party
    Cool kitchen
    Perfect pattio
    More in other packs

None of those packs are modern themed. They all have traditional suburban style furniture with the exception of luxury party, which has a much more 40s-60s style to it what with the fondue and serving stations and all.

The fact you would call luxury party "modern" especially though gave me an excellent laugh, thank you for that.

Agreed... The only packs which come across to me as "modern" are fitness stuff and spa day.

Running on electricity doesn't make something modern in the stylistic sense. At least not in 2017... sorry.

I think when people use the word modern they can mean different things. Some use it as a more general term to mean anything in recent years while others use it to describe a particular type of aesthetic. There are only a couple of packs that seem to go for a more modern aesthetic, however there's also few packs that go for a more old fashioned look.
    edited October 2017
    samlyt22 wrote: »

oh right... none of them

Luck party
    Cool kitchen
    Perfect pattio
    More in other packs

I think when people use the word modern they can mean different things. Some use it as a more general term to mean anything in recent years while others use it to describe a particular type of aesthetic. There are only a couple of packs that seem to go for a more modern aesthetic, however there's also few packs that go for a more old fashioned look.

But as I listed before

Cool kitchen
    Modern kitchen applicenes including a modern and colorful ice cream maker
    Modern decor and lighting
    Modern decor and other pieces.

Perfect pattio
    Modern style hot tubs
    Outdoor furniture modern

As do fitness and spa day

Modern TV movies
    Modern pop corner maker
    Modern spa items
    Modern gym stuff

Modern toddler ball out

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    I agree with @marcel21 that it would nice to have other fitness equipment styles. The modern equipment doesn't go well with all of my houses. (I wish they would have given us a pull-up bar)

It's all good though. I just send my sims to the neighborhood gym instead of cluttering up my house with fitness equipment.

Pull up bar
    Exercise bike
    Rowing machine
    Dumbbells

would be better than a climbing wall.

A natural looking wall might of been nice instead of that modern monstrosity.

The Sims 3 had more styles.

In this game it's mostly modern. It's getting old fast...

I know exactly what you mean.

I like building a lot of 1920s-1960s homes and I do not have a lot to choose from by way of windows, doors, and furnishings. I feel like I pretty much use the same pieces in every house I build. And I tend to just omit the fitness equipment all together.

I wish we got some content for homes like that. Having to rely on CC and mods because all these packs have is modern content.

More Mission
    Edwardian
    Victorian
    Country
    Cabin

Steampunk

Ummm. Think about it. lol. A victorian ball pit? An edwardian rock climbing wall? A country treadmill?

Tech and times have changed. I wouldn't expect to see anything that we get in sims 4 with any of those themes.

If I were you, I would be asking like some of us, for the option to remove the reliance on the cell phone and make them buyable again like sims 2. But that's not the way of the world now is it? Everyone and their brother has them....except me.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Perhaps some definitions of 'modern' would help. To illustrate, for me anything from 1970 onwards is modern, the 60s being transitional. Not everyone is going to agree with that. I have a hunch that the idea of 'modern' depends on when one was born. Someone born in the 40s will have a different take on it than someone born in the 80s.

marcel21 has a valid point, and I also would like to see more items like that in the game. To play a current scenario with old fashioned stuff? Depends. The obvious option is to play sims in one of those eras. I do that regularly in TS2 where Pleasantview has been converted into a Victorian small town. Another is for a sim who (like me) loves (for example) the architecture and décor of the Victorian era and would dearly love to live in such a house. Work in the nasty 21st century, but come home to the refreshing beauty of one's cherished Vicky. Or whatever era one likes. I know a computer geek who spends as much time as possible at an 1830s living museum (including on staff part time) to de-stress and give his brain something to think about other than computer code.
    edited October 2017
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I agree with @marcel21 that it would nice to have other fitness equipment styles. The modern equipment doesn't go well with all of my houses. (I wish they would have given us a pull-up bar)

It's all good though. I just send my sims to the neighborhood gym instead of cluttering up my house with fitness equipment.

Pull up bar
    Exercise bike
    Rowing machine
    Dumbbells

would be better than a climbing wall.

A natural looking wall might of been nice instead of that modern monstrosity.

The Sims 3 had more styles.

In this game it's mostly modern. It's getting old fast...

I know exactly what you mean.

I like building a lot of 1920s-1960s homes and I do not have a lot to choose from by way of windows, doors, and furnishings. I feel like I pretty much use the same pieces in every house I build. And I tend to just omit the fitness equipment all together.

I wish we got some content for homes like that. Having to rely on CC and mods because all these packs have is modern content.

More Mission
    Edwardian
    Victorian
    Country
    Cabin

Steampunk

Ummm. Think about it. lol. A victorian ball pit? An edwardian rock climbing wall? A country treadmill?

Tech and times have changed. I wouldn't expect to see anything that we get in sims 4 with any of those themes.

If I were you, I would be asking like some of us, for the option to remove the reliance on the cell phone and make them buyable again like sims 2. But that's not the way of the world now is it? Everyone and their brother has them....except me.

Dude none of those even make much sence

I don't even like the current ones.
    Just cheap and boring looking t
    and too big and colorful items for me.

You missed my point on why I listed those other styles.
    I listed them as possible returns like the ones we had before. By adding those styles to give more than what we have now in different styles of rooms and exteriors.

Those styles would be better as sets in

Bedrooms
    Bathrooms
    Kitchens
    Lounges
    Dining rooms
    Study's.

Full sets in those styles so I could fill those rooms in that styles

God I don't want to see the climbing wall ,ball out or bowling or gym items in those styles either.

When I said country I mean content for regular rooms.

3 gave us a huge selection of styles.

4 could still bring back some of those back or add new

Post edited by marcel21 on