NOVEMBER 15 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Improved ball pit?

AineAine Posts: 1,718 Member
From the patch notes and the screen shots posted - they've made improvements on the darn ball pit with this patch.

It's hard to tell exactly how improved it is without seeing a video, but from the screenshots that has been posted, there is less of a flat surface, and more and better ball textures. I might actually buy the toddler stuff at some point now.
What are your guys thoughts?
Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 8,781 Member
    I'm waiting for the patch to finish downloading, so I'll tell you what I think when I see it. :)
    Guide to rolling back save files
    For Love or Money Season 2 - A Sims 4 Reality Show

Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
  • AineAine Posts: 1,718 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the patch to finish downloading, so I'll tell you what I think when I see it. :)

I'd love a before and after pic, to help me decide whether to get the pack. ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    Here's a before from reddit, which I can attest is how it looks in my game:
    DHiVSN7WsAEJPCI.jpg

Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II
    edited September 12
    Here's a before from reddit, which I can attest is how it looks in my game:
    DHiVSN7WsAEJPCI.jpg
    Omg I had forgotten how horrible it was...auggghhhh. :s :D
    Yeah the new one looks ALOT better. Like ALOT. I saw a screenshot from crin on twitter, but I don't wanna steal it.
    Allons-y!

• rinre33rinre33 Posts: 356 Member
    The new ball pit looks far better! It initially kept me from buying the stuff pack even though I really liked the jungle gym, but I might reconsider now
    z0dVamX.jpg

Yeah, it looks WAY better now.

z0dVamX.jpg

Yeah, it looks WAY better now.
    Yep, the texture is alot better, and I like how they made the surface not smooth - I wanna see a video of it, if someone can make it, though, to see if it moves different aswell.
    Allons-y!

I'll playtest it. :)

@icmnfrsh thanks! Very helpful. :)
    Allons-y!

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 1,907 Member
    The ball pit looks so much better now glad me and a bunch of other people let them know how horrible it looked.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The ball pit looks so much better now glad me and a bunch of other people let them know how horrible it looked.

Yes, I'm definitely glad people complained.
    Allons-y!

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 1,098 Member
    It's really telling that EA would release such a terrible looking object to begin with and only improved it after the community as a whole SHAMED them into doing so.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 6,297 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It's really telling that EA would release such a terrible looking object to begin with and only improved it after the community as a whole SHAMED them into doing so.

I didn't shame anybody :D
    I feel like the new one looks a little out of place in the game but I don't mind it either way. :)
    Everybody's looking for somebody's arms to fall into...that's what it is
    yTmCJU7.png
    SPENCER REID SUPPORTER! LOVE THE CUTE LITTLE MUFFIN.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,049 Member

Lol yeah I know. But it looks a LOT better now at least. This is how it should have looked in the first place. I'm glad they fixed it but still kind of appalled at how they actually tried to pass that first one off as saleable.
  • tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 95 Member
    Wow that looks much better! Nice to see people give feedback and have it actually change! I'm excited to try it out.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,770 Member
    edited September 12
    That's quite the negative spin to put on it.

Another way to look at it is, people complained and they did something about it, when they could have ignored it. That aspect of it is inarguably a good thing. Nobody does an amazing job in every way all the time, but in improving it, they wordlessly acknowledged their mistake and did a more effective job.

Anyway, spin aside, I think it looks way better from the screenshots I've seen. Really impressed, didn't know it'd be doable in such a way without hurting performance. Guess I was wrong. This is one of those times when it's nice to be proven wrong. :smile:
    Mod Highlights: Become a Sorcerer | Teen Traits
    Child Traits | Lock Skill Gain Progress
    Origin ID: TriplisSims
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 1,098 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

Another way to look at it is, people complained and they did something about it, when they could have ignored it. That aspect of it is inarguably a good thing. Nobody does an amazing job in every way all the time, but in improving it, they wordlessly acknowledged their mistake and did a more effective job.

Anyway, spin aside, I think it looks way better from the screenshots I've seen. Really impressed, didn't know it'd be doable in such a way without hurting performance. Guess I was wrong. This is one of those times when it's nice to be proven wrong. :smile:

All they had to do was push the product back 2 weeks because one of the main items for the pack wasn't ready. Nah, they were clearly proud of the product they released otherwise why did they release and promote it and show it in the videos, etc. This was the best they could do. It wasn't until the community complained rightfully so that they did something about it. I think that's unfortunate.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 431 Member
    I am glad they have improved that lol. I will buy the SP once my game has toddlers again.
    If they hadnt fixed that, I dont think I would have used the ballpit in my game. :#
    MyupR97.png
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 399 Member
    edited September 13
    delete

tried to embed a video...
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 979 Member
    Looks soooo much better now!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited September 13
    *sigh* If elevators ever get their spotlight retweek aswell :s
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,072 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

LOL. We all knew they could do better. They pasted a 2D image ffs
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 4,240 Member
    Shows how it looked before and after the patch!

Ball Pit 2.0
    DZ1MrYi.png
  • sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 54 Member
    Is that video meant to be hilarious?
    Author of The Dark World series and yes, I make my characters in-game. :D

Origin ID - sheronparris