SEPTEMBER 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4, see what issues were fixed.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Ship names between premade sims? Should they exist or am I the only one?

Of course in CAS sim-based savegames (which would tend to have little to no couples between two premade sims) the ship names would'nt matter as much since they'd be just background couples for a story. But, I don't play CAS sims. I'm fine with the Wainwright and Roomies households. I've also seen some premade sim pairing names for TS2, such as Franceau or Nerin. I sometimes think ships should include both first and surnames. Susoyd is also Susoyd Brontewright, Cycl41r is also Cycl41r Sw0rdwr1ght, Charlo is also Charlo Baybunch. I don't tend to play CAS sims since I fell in love with Susoyd, both as individual premades, as a premade family\team including both Wainwright and Roomies household, and as a ship.

Also some of you may think that names such as AquaGrandeShipping, IslaCancionShipping, FireBoltShipping, NewLeafShipping, PastaDanzaBobShipping, TiramisuShipping, BaconatorShipping, PlumBettyShipping, etc. may be more apt. I did'nt make them for specific couples of premades, but maybe some of you have an idea?

Susan resembles Kanto Vulpix and Boyd resembles Alola Vulpix so they could be VulpixShipping? Or FireAndIceGeeksShipping?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 16,870 Member
    The most interesting names that I ever noticed where the Broke family. Buck Broke, Nickel Broke, Skip Broke ect. Such great names for a family who seemed to have no money! :smiley:
  • KaikoMikkusuKaikoMikkusu Posts: 715 Member
    The most interesting names that I ever noticed where the Broke family. Buck Broke, Nickel Broke, Skip Broke ect. Such great names for a family who seemed to have no money! :smiley:

Those are the names of characters (sims) not ships\pairings. And Nickel Broke is'nt one of them anyways, unless you changed it or are playing a foreign version or they were born in game.

By default, it's Flat, Flo, Buck, Mary-Lu, Ruby, Skip, Trigger, and Susie. And Bernard who is buried in the graveyard and likely from another branch of the family. In Sims 2, there's also Brandi, Dustin, Beau, and Skip Jr. who is unborn. That's a far as I know about sims with that surname.

We're talking about shipping as in pairing two premade sims together, like shipping the couples from that household and calling them Flatflo or Buckry-Lu. I used to like them a lot for premade sims, nowadays I mostly just use Susoyd and Cycl41r. In general if I ship a couple enough and you can make a catchy name out of their names, that becomes their ship name.

My loving Susoyd might originally have stem out not by choice but by instinctual belief, but it turned them into iconic sims to me, so I kept on playing them even now.
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 284 Member
    I have no idea what you mean by "ship names" or "shipping names".

However, everyone can name their sims whatever they want, whether it's with boring names or utterly bizarre names or anything in between.

If you want to rename pre-made sims in your game that's perfectly fine, as long as you don't add any of your new names for them to any wiki pages.
  • cocococo Posts: 926 Member
    I only "ship" characters from tv shows and movies, I've never done it with this game. I definitely haven't heard either of terms like AquaGrandeShipping, adding 'shipping' after a word either. You might be the only one who does it here sorry :no_mouth:
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 432 Member
    edited September 12
    'Pairing'?
    'Naming'?

If I had a british warship, I'd be 'naming the ship', HMS Bounty.
    I guess that would be 'pairing a name' with a ship.
    If I send a package, I'd be shipping it by a transporting agency.

I have never heard the term shipping in any other terms during my 42 years of age.

Is this a Google translate issue?

Ah. I just used urban dictionary. I see.
    What a horrible thing to create, such an expression.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 9,407 Member
    Well Conner Frio getting with Jamie Jolina would be Connerina but that sounds like an STD that will kill you :D

Well Conner Frio getting with Jamie Jolina would be Connerina but that sounds like an STD that will kill you :D

Now I see clearly how 'murican names like Chaqueeneesha appears.
    example;
    father: Chaquil O'Neil (whatever)
    daughter: queen
    mother: Neesha

:s

• ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 284 Member
    edited September 12
    @CravenLestat
    That's terrible! And true! lmao!

@Mazakeen
    I've also not heard those terms outside of conventional definition.
    But I usually need a "unicorn chaser" after visiting Urban Dictionary & I'm not really in the mood for dealing with that just now. :astonished:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 36,933 Member
    edited September 12
    Deleted for what could be perceived as insensitivity ;)
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
    edited September 12
    @mikezumi Shipping is basically the thing like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie,the fans called them Brangelina that is what shipping is.This is with lots of power couples in the music industry and Hollywood and just a catchy combo of both parties involved names.And can also be solo shipping where you take said celebrities name and give it a catchy name "Swifties" are in fact the name of TS fans Taylor Swift
    @CravenLestat I know what shipping is. I am old, not dead! LMAO
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @CravenLestat I know what shipping is. I am old, not dead! LMAO

:lol:

BThrNhP.jpg
    Good Lord, @CravenLestat! I must be old because I thought I checked the privacy box for that pic! :#
  • KaikoMikkusuKaikoMikkusu Posts: 715 Member
    I have no idea what you mean by "ship names" or "shipping names".

However, everyone can name their sims whatever they want, whether it's with boring names or utterly bizarre names or anything in between.

If you want to rename pre-made sims in your game that's perfectly fine, as long as you don't add any of your new names for them to any wiki pages.

I mean like "OMG, Bill Copperfield and Dee Tex of Twinbrook are SO CUTE together! I'll draw art and write fic of them together and call it BiDee CopperTex! Yes, their ship name is BiDee CopperTex!"
    coco wrote: »
    I only "ship" characters from tv shows and movies, I've never done it with this game. I definitely haven't heard either of terms like AquaGrandeShipping, adding 'shipping' after a word either. You might be the only one who does it here sorry :no_mouth:

Pokémon started out as a videogame, and has ship names like that. For example ZenithShipping = Falkner x Candice, who are both Gym leaders. The most popular Pokémon videogame ship is FerrisWheelShipping which is Hilda x N. Hilda's a playable character and N is an important story character from the same game Hilda is playable in.

Some sims don't mesh well with meshing their names for ships. Connamie Friolina. Connemma Fritch. Jaire Friosine. Jarison FriWatson. Those are cool ship names.

Nickita Alto
    Beautoria Andrewhouse
    Jackudy Bunch
    Bustessie Clavell
    Gusorie Hart
    Martine Keaton
    Bosan Wainbronte (or Susoyd Brontewright as I call it... we all know Susan's on top.)
    Hauline Goddwan (or Pank Wandard or HankyPanky)
    Thorgana Wolff
    Simicasta Bachelor
    Gunthelia GothBottom
    Geoncy Knackgraab (or Nanoffrey Landknack. It's canon that Geoffrey was'nt a Landgraab before marriage and he's most likely a Knack)
    Dustiliana Langemae
    and so on...

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,520 Member
    I totally ship Matthew Hamming and C.id Serverus from UL, but I don't call them anything.

(Hamus? Serving? lol)
    I totally ship Matthew Hamming and C.id Serverus from UL, but I don't call them anything.

(Hamus? Serving? lol)

Mid Shamming?
    Chew Hamerus LOL
    @Mikezumi I love both of those! :lol:
    Thanks @lauravonawesome but it's not something I would do in MY game! :p
    @Mikezumi I wouldn't either. They're such a cute couple~ why ruin it with a ridiculous name lol.
    @lauravonawesome I adore Cid Serverus but can't say I have ever played Matthew.
    My subjective opinion is this thread is strange. :#
    @Mikezumi I don't much care for Matthew on his own, but he and C.id just look so cute together :) :heart:
    @lauravonawesome I have probably never played two premades together. I usually start with my own sim and they may (or may not) end up with a premade.
    C.id makes cute kids. The teen on the right in my siggie is his son <3
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 17,845 Member
    When I ship two sims, I just make them get together. I am their Simgod right, I can do whatever I want :p