The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are We Getting a New Free Pack This Year? (Leaked And Debunked by SimGuru)

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2017
    They are running a non released version of the Sims. Of course you guys don't have the icon yet.

I also think it's silly to give it it's own icon.

I can imagine EA is no happy. They take confidentiality agreements VERY seriously, and someone just broke it big time. That's legal action right there if they catch who did it.

All I can tell you is, I would NEVER be so disrespectful enough to get a free paid expense, ticket, hotel, food, and all to come play an unreleased game and then break confidentiality and leak a picture early. While I'm thankful for the picture, it's completely disrespectful and rude.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Sorry I just don't understand why a guitar and literally just a guitar would have a logo and be under a "free pack" that doesn't make sense for me?
    giphy_1.gif
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Maybe the free pack will be a Halloween themed pack that includes the guitar? Otherwise it doesn't really make sense to me to just add an icon for an item that has been aroud for more than a year or so.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Nah. That guitar excuse is bad. It makes no sense that they'll add in a patch an icon for the guitar only since it's been in game for a long time already.
    I am 99% sure that a new free pack is coming next quarter!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I have been looking at that gift box a long time, and I am sure it's a gift box. Now what we need to find out is what could be inside this New free gift pack.
    Starting off with the last gift pack we know that's a Christmas gift pack right.?
    Next, we know when we got that free Christmas gift pack, we did not have all the members of our households right.?
    Next, we know we have new members that did not get gifts or outfits in that Christmas gift pack because they were not born yet right.?
    So we Need Toddler Christmas stuff. <3:) and Puppy dog and kitten Christmas stuff <3 to wear and other needful things haha :D , and I think a Turkey could be in that Christmas pack it sure smells good so I think a big Christmas dinner could include ham and a new Christmas cake just for celebrations.something with something animated just for us like build a snowman or snow just to put around our homes and snow trees too, ok I am getting carried away. hahaha, :D:p:D

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Weather as a free pack? Maybe? One can hope?

This. If what people are saying is correct, that rain (and any other weather) would raise the specs of the game, then they'd have to offer it as an optional free pack rather than force it upon players and potentially stop them from being able to play the game.

All aboard the rain hype train!
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Could it be for the Day of the Dead stuff that came out last year and guitar is in with it ?
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I can't remember his exact words and I'm too lazy right now to look for the tweet, but Grant did say something about a great pre-Pets patch coming. I wouldn't be surprised if the new icon is related to that
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    But we have the spooky pack, that's autumn-y enough, no? Not that I'd mind autumn decor, just saying :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited September 2017
    Maybe you should change the title cause some people are not reading the comments and are still speculating about a new free pack
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited September 2017

Orchid13 wrote: »
    Maybe you should change the title cause some people are not reading the comments and are still speculating about a new free pack

I did read but um...nothing's confirmed :D ? So I went with the free pack thing.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

This. If what people are saying is correct, that rain (and any other weather) would raise the specs of the game, then they'd have to offer it as an optional free pack rather than force it upon players and potentially stop them from being able to play the game.

What a great point! I never thought of that

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It's still up in the air if it's true or not that it's for the guitar, but I'll change it up a bit.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The icon is just for the guitar then? o.O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The icon is just for the guitar then? o.O

Noo I can't believe that's the case. :cold_sweat:
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited September 2017
    SGLindsay just tweeted that she made a mistake when referring to the menu icon. So there's likely something in the works.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Time to rechange the title AGAIN lol. I knew it was fishy.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Ah crap, I'm already doing my very best not to get tooooo excited about the whole rain-being-patched in thing lol. I mean, it could be for any number of other things too of course, but it's more than definitely not for a single guitar. If that was true, like others have said, there'd definitely have to be one for toddlers. Whatever it is, I'm excited!! That being said, still want it to be rain :D
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @NeonHighways You are right, it doesn't make a wick of sense as grim's guitar. I did a 500% zoom and it looks just like a teddy bear or some kind of bear.
    Here is the shot I took from your screen capture while zoomed in.
    36313222773_b42e5f685b_o.png
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    BMSO wrote: »
    @NeonHighways You are right, it doesn't make a wick of sense as grim's guitar. I did a 500% zoom and it looks just like a teddy bear or some kind of bear.

Haha I think that's just your eyes playing tricks on you, it is the same giftbox icon as the other one.
    BMSO wrote: »

Haha I think that's just your eyes playing tricks on you, it is the same giftbox icon as the other one.

looks like something else. Something spotty.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2017
    No, it's totally Seasons, Cars, CaST, Burglars, Terrain Tools, University combined.

No. It's just a greyed out gift box. I know, we are all looking forward to something awesome and we all have tons of wishes for stuff to come to the game, but this image gives nothing away, other than the fact that there is another ''free pack'' on the way.

And don't hype yourself up too much, because it will probably be the same -size wise- compared to the holiday pack. So, a few objects and some CAS items.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member

Time to rechange the title AGAIN lol. I knew it was fishy.
    Awesome news. Now there is hope again it's an Autumn Pack.