Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are We Getting a New Free Pack This Year? (Leaked And Debunked by SimGuru)

NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
This image leaked from Sims Camp, showing the new Cats & Dogs render in the main menu, and in the packs section, under Free Packs, it shows 2 icons.

freepack_rumour.jpg

All I know is EA probably isn't very happy about it leaking!

(Update: A SimGuru said the icon was for grim's guitar that we already have, but we have no icon. Is that really true?)
Post edited by NeonHighways on

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    looks like a second holiday pack? wonder what else they'll add with it!
    6riwm5.png
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited September 2017
    It could be a thanksgiving pack with fall decór. In The Sims 3 Store, we had separate free sets for both haloween and fall harvest decór. I tried to look hard into that icon and it looks like another gift box. Maybe this will be the icon for all free packs since they are gifts for us, or maybe the icon isn't finalized yet and they are using the same one for now.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LITERALLY SO SHOOK RIGHT NOW.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Ermagherd! So excite!
    If it's fall decor it just makes me want seasons that much more!
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Well that disappoints me actually. If there's a free pack that probably means no GP lol I was hoping. Sigh. Oh well
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    menu render looks mega cute. I'd say fall decor is our most lacking right now iirc. wonder when we can expect it? before or after Pets?
    6riwm5.png
    I'd say by the end of october... November has Cats and Dogs and December will probably have an update to the free pack we already have.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    looks like a second holiday pack? wonder what else they'll add with it!

Autumn I'm guessing.
    I'd say by the end of october... November has Cats and Dogs and December will probably have an update to the free pack we already have.

I wouldn't mind getting it in the September Patch because Fall officially starts the 22nd.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Weather as a free pack? Maybe? One can hope?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited September 2017
    Unfortunately, this has just been debunked. According to SimsVIP on Twitter, SimGuruLyndsay said it was for the free guitar we got.

Edited to add link:
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Unfortunately, this has just been debunked. According to SimsVIP on Twitter, SimGuruLyndsay said it was for the free guitar we got.

But, I have the free guitar, but don't have the icon.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Me too. I'm hoping she's just saying that to throw us off, but I'm not counting on it.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Using my expert image enhancing techniques I have obtained from totally-accurate-to-reality shows, such as Law and Order SUV (the one about crimes committed by Sport Utility Vehicles), I rotated the icon 90 degrees counter-clockwise, enhanced the contrast, looked up images of Pac-Man for reference, cut-out part of the image so that it looks like there's a mouth, and then changed the color to yellow.

Pack-Man confirmed.

9ol9r89.jpg
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited September 2017
    I hope it's a Autumn free patch.
    Post edited by beville on
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Edited to add link:
    Welp, that's a letdown. Time to go back to hyping about the pre-pets patch. Maybe they will give us Mrs Crumplebottom's Purse.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sounds like not a single person in here has had that icon show up that has Grims guitar not sure I'm buying this excuse. She has said hints in the past did not mean content was coming and that was proved a lie by time.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited September 2017
    It seems odd that they would add an icon for the free guitar, but not for toddlers. The guitar was one item and the toddlers addition was the equivalent of a game pack. I'm not buying it either.
    Post edited by ClassicalSim on
    It doesn't make sense for me that it's for the guitar, we'll se if that's true or not.
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I have the grim guitar and it doesn't show up on the screen.

Really, whats the point of giving it an icon for a singular item? makes no sense at all..

Unfortuanly that just means the game is getting an update were if you have the guitar it's added.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Uh.... if they're running Cats and Dogs, then they have a more recent patch installed.

The icon for Grim's Ghoulish Guitar will be added sometime before November, in a future patch.
    wJbomAo.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2017
    Guitar? I call lies.

I have that thing in my game and have no icon. It wouldn't make sense -at all- to create a seperate icon for just -one- item.
    It's just the same old all over again.

When that Cats and Dog render leaked, Graham came out (and other Guru's) on Twitter saying how it was fake, and the other Guru's started making jokes about that render, but in the end it turned out to be real.

The style is way too similar plus the cat you saw in that render is even in the trailer.

I don't buy the Guitar thing.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    I got one Guitar from Grims already. :* he gave it to me for my email :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor