Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The TS2 Body Shop Best Thing Ever

13...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Have discovered that vertical striping distorts on full body dresses, widening steadily as you go down, sort of like a trapezoid. That means trying a reverse one on the texture file, and since straight diagonals don't happen in pixels, one gets rather odd results. Otherwise, have been able to make all sorts of interesting things.

I'm so happy, me too! I'm having a problem with cutting out things from real clothes' pictures to paste over on a mesh or mat texture. I use the freeform tool (Paint and GIMP) but the scissors or even the smart scissors in GIMP don't allow me to cut it out. And freeform tool reverts to a rectangular shape so too much of the picture gets transferred over to the mesh shape/texture. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this tool. It never fails so I've had to revert back to just selecting all and pasting etc. I want to graduate into the more complicated stuff now, and don't seem to be able to use this tool correctly. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Just finished making a set of seven alien skins... and now I'm too lazy to take pictures of them, lol.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    Just finished making a set of seven alien skins... and now I'm too lazy to take pictures of them, lol.

That is a lot of work! No wonder. I was working on a Barnabas face skinning, using his face from a picture, and I can't imagine creating seven seperate skins, I would throw up my hands. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Blue_HatterBlue_Hatter Posts: 1 New Member
    Body Shop is definitely a lot of fun. Sometimes I swear that I spend more time in there than I do in TS2 itself. There's just so many possibilities...
    edited October 2017
    Body Shop is definitely a lot of fun. Sometimes I swear that I spend more time in there than I do in TS2 itself. There's just so many possibilities...

My avi today is wearing a dress I created. It has a nice scarf tucked into the collar, I worked really hard on that one...and finally learned how to use the freeform tool in Paint and transparency to transfer over the exact picture of mesh to cloth, back to texture file, so I'm learning more than I forgot back in the day. It's been a lot of work and fun for me, keeps my mind off the real world. :) And I learned how to trasnfer real details like pockets and buttons etc. It's so much fun now that I understand the freeform cutting tool and how to get a picture of an outfit onto my Sim.