Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thought waterworld was just a movie.

MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
I'm sure that most people know about the floods in the US, but did you know that two thirds of Bangladesh has also been flooded, along with parts of Nepal and India?

Personally, I think more countries should look into building Queenslander style houses.
They're on stilts, and so long as people don't try to make extra rooms under the house, they stand up to floodwaters pretty well.
a9059ceffde664ca7c6fc0f701e1dcea.jpg
StateLibQld_1_388969_House_under_flood_at_Tully%2C_Queensland%2C_ca._1937.jpg
left-image11.jpg
floods_1799556a.jpg
7ec0239041623054856b1a36fe35be1f--sea-level-rise-carbon-footprint.jpg

What do you think?
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I saw an article about that last week. In the article I read, there was a picture of a tiger that had been killed by the flooding. It was shocking, in a way. And really sad :'(
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Hearts out to all who are suffering in the floods -- on the coast and in some flood zones around wetlands in the Carolinas (U.S.) houses are on stilts similar to the ones you posted, Movotti.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Whoevers under the effects of Hurricane Harvey and Irma (or their aftermath):

The Sorak believes in you, stay safe. It's surely a dangerous world we live in, but you WILL be safe and I garuntee it.
    Weather has always been mankinds' hugest problem in evolution and once the hurricanes are observed and studied we CAN prevent them. Science can bring us so far to protect us all.
    L9q8VGi.png