Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content or No Custom Content?

mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
Should I use CC? Depending on if most say yes to remove CC, I will. What do you think? Yes or no?

Custom Content

No Custom Content

Oh hamburgers!

Comments

• MilkiMilki Posts: 51 Member
    I say yes to CC but only to maxis match. Alpha isn't really my cup of coffee nowadays, but when I first started playing TS4 it was my bread and butter ^^ I find maxis match fits the aesthetic and cartoony feel of TS4 :)
    37014449452_29a2394fc8.jpg

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Milki wrote: »
    I say yes to CC but only to maxis match. Alpha isn't really my cup of coffee nowadays, but when I first started playing TS4 it was my bread and butter ^^ I find maxis match fits the aesthetic and cartoony feel of TS4 :)

OMG YES!! MM for life!
    Oh hamburgers!
  • MilkiMilki Posts: 51 Member
    I find maxis match really cute! Alpha (to me) makes all my sims look like a Kardashian -_-
    37014449452_29a2394fc8.jpg

• SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Hard to say whether you should or shouldn't. It should simply just come down to whether you want to use it or not.

I mean, I love CC. I have over 200 files of CC right now, and it honestly doesn't seem like that much when I get in-game. I have a ton of CC tattoos because the game doesn't offer many, and I have quite a bit of CC facial piercings because the game doesn't offer any of that. There are so many amazing pieces of CC people have made out there, and I feel like I have to have them in my game when I see stuff that I really like.

So for me personally, I definitely want/need CC in my game. For you, again, it should all come down to whether you want it in your game or not.
  • LazysimmetteLazysimmette Posts: 4 New Member
    This question is a bit off topic to the custom content yes or no discussion, I vote yes! by the way, but I just signed up for this site in search of help, and it won't even let me make a post due to so much new members spamming! (Jerks ruin it for the rest of us) .... anyway! Does anyone know the best way that I can transfer all my CC to a whole new computer??? I have so much CC and I don't want to lose it!
  • fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    Always CC. My favorite thing about the Sims is customizing everything and playing with pretty pretty makeups and hair, but without CC that's pretty limited.
    2lub093.png
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2017
    Totally yes; there's no way I could play Sims 4 without custom content - it's so ... bland ... without it.
    Does anyone know the best way that I can transfer all my CC to a whole new computer??? I have so much CC and I don't want to lose it!

All your CC is contained within your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods folder, so what I generally do is copy the entire folder to a backup drive (I timestamp my folders) in case anything changes or I want to experiment with new CC.

If you have any personal buildings (build mode), they would be in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray folder - again, copy the entire folder to a backup drive/location if you want to keep them.

To transfer them between computers, copy them to a stick drive then simply re-copy to the new computer location.

cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Yukari482Yukari482 Posts: 34 Member
    I LOVE using CC. I have a mixture of MM and Alpha cc. I prefer Alpha hair though. I feel like it depends on the user. I absolutely love downloading different CC and playing in CAS :)