Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom I tried those target things you get for potty training, my fellows were not amused and it didn't help!

Autumn's story

Autumn was turned at the same time Victor was. The family was attacked by a band of shifty vampires that had no morals when alive and less as the undead. Their parents were killed in the attack and Victor and Autumn were turned.

Victor was able to escape with Autumn once the turn was complete because he was a trained knight that had participated in many tournaments and events throughout the lands. He managed to kill the members of the band that had been left to guard them before they escaped. Over the years he tracked down the rest of the rogue band and killed them as well. He became a member of a world wide vampire council that controlled vampire actions and condemned wanton killings by other vampires. Before he met Gardenia he worked with the group hunting and killing rogues. After meeting her, he no longer wanted to risk their lives in the hunts.

Autumn was a teenager when turned. Victor kept her by his side protecting her until her full powers came when she aged to young adult. She never aged any further. Autumn had always been interested in adventures and had read every book or scroll that Victor brought home. She was also an excellent artist with a great eye for details. Once she came of age she hugged Victor goodbye, bought a horse and traveled the world. She kept in touch with him as best she could over the centuries. With the age of enlightenment it became easier with all the new technology. She stayed away from other vampire communities preferring to travel among the humans or other supernaturals. Her experiences with the vampires that attacked her family made her uneasy around any of them except for her brother Victor. Her paintings provided her with an income. In many of the homes throughout the world you can see her signature on the portraits of the ancestors.

She has lived a very full and varied life and was so happy when Victor found Gardenia to settle down with. She loves being an Aunt and a Sister-in-law and adores the children. She has recently started wishing she had that for herself. She does not understand why she has these feeling as it has never bothered her before.

Autumn has decided to open a Gallery of her paintings and photographs and has made a good start on the collection.
    23585121058_502fb194f1_c.jpg
    23700812208_64fdb587ed_c.jpg

Autumn gets home from clubbing and hears Dylan stirring around. She heads to his room and hugs him, changes his clothes and he tells her "hungry" so she puts him in the highchair and magically fixes a bowl of gruel for him.
    Gardenia enters and smiles at Autumn "Thank you for taking care of him"
    Autumn tells her "It was not a problem. I just got home and heard him stirring. He was not even crying, just hungry. I'll take him down to the play yard and play a bit with him while you get your morning started."
    23585112698_48aff6f677_c.jpg
    37437038501_f7eaca34b5_c.jpg

Autumn teleports to the play yard and Dylan tells her "Draggy". She puts him on the Dragon and he rocks happily as the Dragon bends and sways. He has so much fun he does not want to get off. (Isn't that the cutest pout ever)
    37437037541_4295c1cd39_c.jpg
    37179608510_2295cdc409_c.jpg
    37179606990_711ae560be_c.jpg

Autumn sets Dylan down at the sand pile and he digs around in the pile looking for the toys he buried. Gardenia has finished her morning chores and asks Autumn to sit and chat awhile. They sit under the gazebo in the hanging chairs and sway as they talk. Autumn tells Gardenia that she is feeling unsettled with her life.
    "I've been perfectly content for centuries and suddenly I have this desire to mate. I've had plenty of lovers, but, this is different. I don't understand it. I want what you and Victor have. I want the relationship, the babies, the love. Adventure is not enough anymore."
    Gardenia looks thoughtful and asks "When did this feeling start?"
    Autumn answers "After I started my journey home"
    Gardenia questions her, "Not before, this is important to know"
    Autumn replies "No, I had several layovers getting here from Shang Simla and it was definitely between the second one and here. I was exhausted and had all my photography equipment to bring so didn't want to attempt all those teleports so I flew first class on Sim Airlines. I didn't think much about it until after I got here and rested and was still unsettled."
    Gardenia nods and tells Autumn she will do some research in the cellar labs. "But, I think your mate is in the world and the fates are letting you know to start looking. Are you ready to look? I can do a scribe spell and see if I can get a location based on when you started having these feelings. Victor can hypnotize you to get a better idea of the time in flight and pinpoint the location further so you are not searching everywhere."
    Autumn turns paler than her normal pallor. "I need a drink" she cries. "I'm ready, but, I'm not ready. Will I miss out if I wait a few more weeks? Gardenia I'm scared. What if he is a vampire? The plane flew over a lot of vampire territory."
    Victor had been experimenting with drinks and had brought a tray over to them to try. Gardenia encouraged Autumn to try one and calm down. "It won't hurt you to wait for a few more weeks and you know we love having your here. The more you think about it, the calmer you will be about it. Look at Alice and Adam and how they are accepting the joining. I think your adventurous spirit and natural curiosity will have you heading out sooner than you think."
    Autumn looks at Gardenia and tells her "I think my cowardly spirit is taking over right now. I know, I know, all vampires are not horrid beasts. I met Victors turns and they are a nice bunch, but, they are newly turned and were not vicious to begin with or Victor would not have turned them. I will let you do the scribe spell, but, I want to set up my gallery first."
    23585108718_b22fffe894_c.jpg
    37389559476_1b9ae9f515_c.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @bekkasan , Starting with Dance Lessons...
    **Too cute how Adam was all nervous in the beginning, Alice sure did help with his anxiety.
    **looks like they had a great time playing darts and pool and the photo booth pictures are cute!
    **I believe this is the third story with a character named Autumn I've read on the board!
    **Makes me really wonder what is up with Aunt Autumn....
    **Boy oh boy was aging Gardenia down a great idea Victor can't keep his paws off her!
    **FEETS!!!!!!! <3
    **Truer words were never spoken, Gardenia trying to make Alice's life perfect wouldn't help her at all, she needs to ride out the bumps of life.
    **Adam is so cutely teenager!! I adore what you are doing with him, not making him mister perfect, but awkward and so real.
    **The pictures are awesome!
    **Yup totally in love with each other... <3
    **Prom king and queen!
    **I'm totally using the supernatural souls are joined forever, that is really beautiful! No wonder my Vampire Belle and Fairy Jamie always wind up together no matter what...
    **I feel bad for Autumn not finding her mate yet...I hope you remedy that ;)
    **Ohhhhhh! Another baby for Victor and Gardenia!
    **Wonderful back story of Victor and Autumn..
    **I love that painting, I first saw it when my Penny painted it a loooong time ago.
    **I love the "don't you dare take me off of my Draggy" pout!
    **I very much look forward to seeing who Autumn's mate is!

Wonderful updates, I promise to not wait so long to comment next time. :smiley:
    @Charlottesmom You are awesome to read all that and such wonderful comments. I thank you very much and yes, Autumn will have her story too. I read lots of fantasy, occult books and in some of them the souls are joined, and I think it is an awesome idea. In a few the joined will die if something happens to the other. In some they just go into a powerful decline, sort of a half life state. I think choosing the first helps explain why Victor is no longer working for the council.

The Day After Prom

Part One

Alice took Jillian and Josef to the beach for the morning. She has strict instructions from her parents to be back at the house at 2pm with Adam to discuss the situation. Alice called Adam on the way to the beach and he agrees to meet her at the beach. They are both a little awkward at first, not really sure what to say to each other. Alice told him about her parents wanting to meet with them this afternoon. Adam agrees to come and meet with her parents. They walk up the beach as they talk. Adam suddenly stops, reaches out and hugs Alice tightly to him. The physical contact breaks the tension and they both start talking at once, they laugh and just like that the awkwardness is gone.

Adam looks at Alice's beautiful face, "I've loved you since I met you, but, could only be your friend. I want to be more than your friend. Do you want that as well?"
    "I love you Adam" Alice tells him. "I said last night that you are mine and I am yours and that is what I want"
    Adam reminds her "Joseph will be back tomorrow night. Do you want me to go with you?"
    "No" replies Alice "I will talk with him tomorrow evening"

Adam starts to pull her into his arms when Jillian and Josef start calling for them to join them in the water.
    He smiles ruefully, "This might feel like the right time, but, this is not the right place. Lets go play with the kids"

37600191391_d38212a73b_c.jpg
    37566168162_55dda9bbe1_c.jpg
    37549432156_4d22f880b1_c.jpg
    36893355074_65001fb2f7_c.jpg
    36893451544_a4af580174_c.jpg
    36887739044_2a5a3492e7_c.jpg

The Day After Prom

Part Two

Alice and Adam head back to the Manor so they will not be late for the meeting with her parents. Alice leads him around the side of the house to the shed. With a wave of her hand she dispels the magic hiding the staircase. Adam enjoys watching Alice weave her magic and thinks that hiding a staircase or any other object must come in handy for the family. Alice tells him the basement and cellars are extensive and have been a refuge from hunters in past years. They enter the living area and Adam sees that Gardenia is settled comfortably on the settee, while Victor looks very imposing sitting behind his desk. They sit on a small sofa facing Victor.
    37625530551_254cc8f85e_c.jpg
    36887734154_d6fee74929_c.jpg

Victor starts off by letting Adam know that Autumn has told him of her conversation with him last evening explaining about supernatural hearts and the joining of souls by the fates.
    "I am sorry to hear that you were not educated in the ways of supernaturals by your family. It is time for your education to be completed, and as there are no other werewolves in Midnight Hollow I will take on the task. You are already joined with Alice so it is my right and responsibility to see to that education. You will move in with us today and for now you will bunk with Josef. It is very unusual for ones so young to be joined. I want to stress to both of you that joining is not a formal marriage, nor is it a free license for woohoo! You will learn the responsibilities of a joining and be educated in the ways of supernaturals before any further relationship develops.
    36955495863_e800319817_c.jpg

"Dad! Alice exclaims, "I can't believe you just said that."
    Adam reaches over and pats her knee "It's ok, he's your Dad and he has the right to protect you, even from me"
    36887729894_241ec0ca93_c.jpg

Gardenia thanks Adam, "I appreciate that you understand. Alice is sixteen and you are seventeen, you are both so young and have a lifetime ahead of you. It will not be easy, but, you both have much to learn."
    36887731944_ef6e5ba77b_c.jpg

Victor gets up from his desk and crosses the room. Adam rises and stands before him.
    "Are you willing to move in and let me educate you?"
    "Yes sir, I'm willing and I am grateful that you want to help. I have never lived in a home though. We slept in caves and shacks with the pack. I'm not sure how I will adapt to being inside. It was hard to learn to sleep in a tent when I moved here."

"Adam, I want you to know that not all were packs are the same as your father's pack. I've known many were's in my lifetime and most are not power hungry, evil, aggressive fighter's like your father's pack was. He was your sire, but, you are and will be your own man. Your mother's genes are strong in you. You are a remarkable survivor to have managed on your own after being abandoned by the pack as a child. We will build on that survival instinct that you have. Now, go, have some fun for a bit. Your lessons will start soon"

Adam and Alice decide they do need to relax after the meeting with her parents. Adam always carries his guitar around with him. He gets it out and starts playing, and Alice runs to the porch and grabs hers and joins in. She makes up a song as they play and softly sings to Adam.
    36887728564_9fe6820325_c.jpg
    36887723004_dc1558a50c_c.jpg

The Family is Growing

Victor tells Adam it is time for his first lessons. They get in the car and Victor drives towards town. Gardenia stands at the curb watching them drive off together. They stop at the gym and Victor hands him a package and tells him to change. They head to the punching bags and Victor explains the proper way to use the bags. Victor has been a Simfu master for many centuries, but, is able to tone his levels down to teach Adam without hurting him. Adam is a quick learner and soon learns the hand coordination required and Victor acknowledges his progress by providing him with a new belt that indicates his level. He tells Adam "It is time to put those hand techniques together with some fancy footwork."
    37423221020_303e03c276_c.jpg
    37648725372_15264f4cf5_c.jpg

They spar together as Victor teaches the techniques he learned many years ago. He realizes Adam is agile and swift from the were genetics in him and enjoys teaching him. They spend several hours at the gym and Victor calls a halt. They are both sweaty and fatigued and they clean up and head home. Adam asking question after question about how and when and where Victor learned the Simfu techniques.
    37423220490_772f48d42f_c.jpg
    37423219060_131f6e5f4c_c.jpg
    37010299303_d71758207d_c.jpg

Gardenia heads into the kitchen to prepare dinner. She stops, feeling a funny sensation and realizes she is pregnant. She holds her tummy and welcomes the new life inside her.
    36971107574_d5177706d3_c.jpg

The family is growing and that means a larger dining room is needed. Since she took the fountain of youth potion Gardenia's magic is back to normal again. She weaves her spells and widens and lengthens the dining room to accommodate the growing family. She calls the family together to enjoy the pasta she fixed. Josef and Jillian were in the play yard and have not made it in to the table yet. They will get to clean up since they are late.
    37010287073_5ae75071bf_c.jpg

After dinner while the kids clean up Gardenia pulls Victor aside into the living room. Gardenia asks Victor if he remembers the night of the prom and how risky things went. He looks at her and reaches out towards her and she blurts out "yes, we are pregnant!". Victor is thrilled and makes sure that Gardenia knows just how thrilled.
    36971111694_8fd93b6f64_c.jpg
    36971112704_7baba7e380_c.jpg
    37423196100_fd09a21049_c.jpg
    37681441691_d9529ee9dd_c.jpg
    37681443241_dcd27d3355_c.jpg
    37681443431_5e152f2bce_c.jpg

The Gallery

Autumn bought one of the run down buildings west of Simagon Alley that had been a gallery in its glory days. She put up some new wallpaper, waxed and polished the floors and got rid of a lot of old junk that some how never was stolen while the building was abandoned. She had some of her paintings taken out of storage and started placing them on the walls. She plans to continue painting and adding to the collection over time. Part of the upstairs will be for her prized photograph collection. Those are still in China and Egypt at her homes there and she will have to collect them on her next trip.
    37026863893_69dca4b55d_c.jpg
    37648666916_a6ddec5a7d_c.jpg
    37648709452_b33966aa04_c.jpg

In one of the upstairs storage rooms she found a collection of gold statuary and artifacts. She cleaned them and decided to display them on the upper gallery until she gets her photograph collection ready to hang. She cleaned out the storage room and turned it into an office. Outside of the office she added floor to ceiling windows and many easels to form a studio where she can paint and teach.
    37648709262_6775a0fe5f_c.jpg
    37026863553_7ceb693335_c.jpg
    37698493761_25165c9f56_c.jpg

In addition to working on the gallery Autumn fixed up an art studio in the basement cellars of Victor's home. She is currently working on Victor's portrait. She also fixed up a bedroom area with some of her things she brought from China. She finds herself trying to stay busy so she will stop thinking about searching for her mate. She finally realizes she is actually organizing her life so she will be able to start the search. She will talk with Gardenia soon about trying to pinpoint the location to start the search. After completing Victor's portrait she starts on Alice. The other children will get portraits during their teen years as well.
    36989613084_3fd9a58294_c.jpg
    36989614604_c9cf2c1379_c.jpg
    37687562162_cf5a8c24f1_c.jpg

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Joseph texts Alice when he arrives back in town and wants to know if she is still speaking to him. Alice texts him back and tells him she has to speak with him tonight. Joseph tells her he is tired and wants to sleep. Alice insists on meeting him and he finally agrees to meet her downtown.

Alice walks up and down the street while she waits for him thinking about what to say, how to explain. Joseph arrives and reaches out to hug her. Alice backs away and quickly tells him "Thank you for coming. I know you are tired, but, I need to explain this tonight."
    Joseph interrupts "I can explain what happened and how I forgot about the prom."
    "Don't even go there Joseph!" exclaims Alice. "Forgetting the prom doesn't even matter anymore. Please don't interrupt me again. You'll have your chance to say whatever you want in a few minutes."
    37461979360_7db581a0e7_c.jpg
    37461978680_c6e6b960ea_c.jpg
    37687561552_7550017aa1_c.jpg

Joseph looks at Alice in surprise. He knew she was upset, but thought she would be over it by the time he got home and now she tells him it doesn't matter. And, she tells him to basically shut up. Alice takes a deep breath and tries to explain a bit about supernaturals to Joseph. He knows she is a witch and knows about the others in town that are not human. Alice realizes this is not working as Joseph is just giving her the beady eye and everyone in town seems to be walking up and down the street listening or staring at them. They walk down the street to a quieter area behind one of the buildings to talk.
    "Joseph, you know I'm a witch, a supernatural. Something incredible happened the other night. I found my lifemate. Some supernaturals spend their whole lives searching for their lifemate. We were joined by the fates and belong to each other now. Please tell me you understand what I am telling you. I can't be your girlfriend anymore."
    37687561222_192cd0c09b_c.jpg
    37687560882_974a24bdca_c.jpg
    37461978450_d4747bf30e_c.jpg

Joseph stands stunned at first. "Lifemate? What the **** is that? You can't be my girlfriend anymore. You are breaking up with me?" She nods her head. When he realizes she is breaking up with him he yells and yells at her. She doesn't understand much of what he yells but she is thinking he needs to get a nice massage in order to calm down. She tries to talk with him. "Joseph, we were not even getting along. All we did was argue and get mad at each other." Everything she says just makes him more upset. He points down the road and tells her to "go to your lifemate." Alice decides discretion is best in this situation and heads home as quickly as she can.
    37010283553_e3f5a1ffe4_c.jpg
    37010283313_f4c7fdde6b_c.jpg
    37648714342_528567b25b_c.jpg

Adam is waiting for her when she gets home. Alice had forgotten it was the full moon and Adam had changed into werewolf form. He asks her how it went. "Not great, but, it is done." They hold hands and talk for a few minutes and Alice heads upstairs to her room while he heads to his. Her Dad is waiting for her and wants to know how things went. Alice tells him "Not very good. He was very upset. I don't love him anymore, but, I do care about him and hate seeing him hurt."
    Victor smiles and offers "I can help with that." "Dad!" Alice giggles, "you can't fix everything with your powers. You might take away a memory that he needs in the future, so don't meddle. He will get over it naturally."
    Victor hugs her goodnight and tells her to get some sleep and don't worry about this all night.
    36928117313_8001f243d7_c.jpg
    36928114923_c61249fd68_c.jpg
    36928109873_ef5044fc00_c.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    That would have been hard on Alice but she did it right! Telling Victor not to meddle was very grown up of her. Joseph will get over it and heartbreak is a life lesson in itself.
    Great update :)
    @Mikezumi Thanks. :) Alice does seem to be growing up. :)

Date Night With Victor and Dylan

Victor declared this evening a date night. He and Dylan are taking Gardenia out for the evening. Dylan wanted a dragon ride first, so Gardenia has a good time swinging while Dylan has his ride. Everyone is ready and off they go. First stop is to the library to read those pregnancy books. Dylan plays with his IF (which I keep forgetting to delete and it gave my game an error just yesterday) while they read. They head to the Bistro for a nice dinner and Dylan behaves so well they stay for dessert. They head home and Dad puts Dylan to bed while Gardenia checks on the older kids and all is well so she heads to their rooms.
    37479606160_7f1945136b_c.jpg
    37479607040_f64b7140cb_c.jpg
    37681443921_47e74972a7_c.jpg
    37681444591_d441b2c2ed_c.jpg

They chat about the evening and Victor notices Gardenia seems uncomfortable. He gives her a delicious massage and her back pain is much better afterwards.
    37479605160_c583828329_c.jpg
    37479604130_a4926c45ed_c.jpg

Victor loves watching Gardenia as the babe grows inside of her. He talks and listens to the baby every day, and feels her belly as the babe moves in her womb.
    37479601670_1262cf65cc_c.jpg
    37479600510_e1d5364bf2_c.jpg
    23884828968_918b8970e4_c.jpg

Apparently, being pregnant is not a reason to not woohoo in the antique dresser. Gardenia managed to come out dressed the same, but Victor is wearing his birthday suit!
    37738302661_8051b3c100_c.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I have missed quite a lot of your story. I love that Adam found a family in Alice, Victor and Gardenia and that Victor immediately started teaching him. I did feel bad for Joseph, but that relationship had to end. Autumn's portrait of Victor looks very good! I like the patchwork pattern on Alice's bed.
    @PalmArrow Thanks so much for your comments. I felt bad for Joseph too. I don't usually play townies, but, I might have to fix him up. Craven made a few suggestions since there are not many teens or YA in MH that are not already paired up by now. I love quilted patterns and have a stash in a folder to add in when I need more. :)

Ignore the Cake

One of Alice's chores is taking care of Clarabelle. Her Dad asks her to make sure Adam is introduced and knows the do's and don't's when dealing with a cowplant.
    "See that cake? That means Clarabelle is hungry. If you try to take the cake, Clarabelle will eat you. Ignore the cake."
    Adam looks at Clarabelle and back at Alice, "Eat me! What is this thing"
    "Shhhh" Alice hushes Adam, "Don't hurt her feelings. She is a cowplant. Very rare and very dangerous. The fence is magically guarded and only certain people are allowed inside the fence for safety. I can add your name if you would like"
    Adam grins "Sure"
    37067890243_7bd68387a8_c.jpg

Alice explains how to take care of a cowplant, how to feed them, pet them and even play with them. She shows Adam how to pet Clarabelle just where they like to be petted, and Adam follows suit.
    37689947586_de2e7fc61d_c.jpg
    37689947016_4275e23626_c.jpg

Alice explains how to feed Clarabelle and Adam takes a fish and allows Clarabelle to play with the fish for a few moments before she eats it. Alice tells Adam that Clarabelle loves candy and can play games and reward her with the candy.
    "She has had several candies this week already so I won't have you do that this time. She has to be fed and played with and petted everyday. The cake is very enticing to strangers and even though the magical lock is strong, it can be broken by someone magically inclined. I try to feed her before she gets the cake out so there is no temptation."
    Adam gives Clarabelle another pet before they leave and gives Alice a high five.
    37738543911_2ff63130d7_c.jpg
    37067889893_0c832a86a4_c.jpg
    37689948296_031405ba75_c.jpg

I'm Having Your Baby

Gardenia woke up with major pain in her back. Victor gave her a nice back rub that helped. She didn't want to sit inside all day, so he put a rocker out in the yard so she could sit and watch him play with Dylan.
    37028921254_46abc3af67_c.jpg
    37028920624_9ef2319e25_c.jpg
    37028919394_1862458c07_c.jpg
    Victor gave Dylan a bath while Gardenia took a nap.
    37179618360_779e93aac5_c.jpg

Gardenia felt pretty good after her nap and went to the kitchen and prepared a potato and truffle torte. Immediately after she finished she clenched her abdomen in heart rending pain. Her labor had started. Everyone had been on the way to the dining room and were now crowding into the kitchen to see what was going on. Gardenia looked at Victor and said through clenched teeth "teleport me to our rooms."
    37028918674_b294b33dd7_c.jpg
    37028917874_5c7042eb6e_c.jpg

Victor complied with the request just in time as an intense contraction hit causing her to moan. She tried the breathing techniques she had used in the past and that took her mind off the contraction slightly. Victor teleported in and she was smiling, the contraction was over for the moment. The contractions became more frequent and hard with barely any relief between them. The moment soon came when the baby was born.
    37028916854_fac63a13c3_c.jpg
    37028915354_3c34dcd391_c.jpg
    37028914374_eec20e4a08_c.jpg

Meet Lucas who is genius and brave, loves Latin music, mac n cheese, and the color aqua. He is a vampire witch hybrid.
    37738508631_ee629b97cf_c.jpg

Gardenia walked a few steps and put Lucas down. Victor picked him up and turned back and Gardenia is having another contraction and Victor knows what that means. Meet Lexi who is excitable and a virtuoso. She likes pop music, mushroom omelettes and the color red. She is also a vampire witch hybrid.
    37738508241_a53d4001be_c.jpg

They quickly organized the nursery to hold another crib and settled the babies in their cribs. Autumn ported into the nursery to see the babies and then organized the others to come see the new babies. Everyone was surprisingly quiet watching the babies sleep. Victor finally had to shoo them all to bed so they would be ready for school tomorrow.
    37738507581_46066aa7bb_c.jpg
    37028909234_ca16773dc8_c.jpg
    37742701591_470e3c11f1_c.jpg

Thank you @CravenLestat for the items you made for me. I thought they would be great for the nursery revision. <3 I'm loving the kitty pictures and new pattern.

It's Dylan's Birthday
    Part 1

Dylan has a birthday today. He is very excited about becoming a child, being able to play more games with his brother and sisters. Gardenia picks up the photo album and looks at her favorite pictures of Dylan.
    23926101388_0e94ed2c77_c.jpg

Gardenia and Dylan playing Dylan's favorite tickle game 'the claw'.
    23909943878_1b5cb57d42_c.jpg
    Riding the awesome dragon ride. "See Daddy see, I can do it myself"
    37357881261_f187abd322_c.jpg
    Chatting with big sissy Alice. "lets go ride Draggy"
    37732824922_22480332e2_c.jpg
    Getting to know Adam. "I love anyone who gets me out of this bed. Lets go play games."
    37764814411_3b8498ec8e_c.jpg
    "I wuv you" giving hugs to Jillian after playing blocks with her.
    37764813511_736bdd473c_c.jpg
    37764813671_653f2c3d67_c.jpg
    Josef playing peekaboo. "me hide this time"
    37764813221_137d7be3f3_c.jpg
    "aaeeiei"
    37732824052_c1903f2d76_c.jpg
    Dylan happily dancing with the sunflowers in his mothers garden.
    37764814061_598288c5c4_c.jpg

Dylan's Birthday

Part 2

The family gathers outside after everyone is home from school for a private birthday party. Dylan quickly spins and poof he is a child. I do believe he is taking after his Mom Gardenia.
    37734520126_1693c9ce68_c.jpg
    37073943304_acb6eed3c6_c.jpg
    Gardenia gives him a big hug and a birthday present. He is guessing that he is getting a park bench, but loves the new multi tab much better.
    37525065350_df25216ed4_c.jpg
    Victor hugs Dylan and gives him a present also. Dylan loves his new bike. It is his favorite color red. He is wondering why his Dad is all sparkly and could he be a vampire. Mr. Neat Sim Adam is thinking he better not throw the trash on the lawn.
    37525065040_94d94f7def_c.jpg
    37525064530_4db6c82fde_c.jpg
    Gardenia and Victor give Dylan a few choices for what to do on his birthday. He wants pizza at Adam's pizza place and to go bowling and have ice cream after. Alice and Adam give Dylan hugs and explain they are going to a prom at school tonight so will not be able to go with the family. Dylan nods, "you can take me again tomorrow." He grins impishly at them and how can they resist that face. Dylan and Jillian tied at 60 for being the high scores.
    37525064130_c9c7802f98_c.jpg
    37525063100_4978504a40_c.jpg
    37525062000_a645d13d07_c.jpg
    Tonights flavors are chocolate or rainbow sherbert. Yummmm! (I decided to turn the pub no one uses into the ice cream shop. Just did basics today so the family could come. I need my Katy Perry pack installed to brighten this place up)
    37113443393_fee6b0c776_c.jpg
    Victor and Autumn talk about photography and camera's while they wait for the kids and Gardenia to have ice cream. Plasma flavor was not on the menu. After everyone finishes the ice cream they head upstairs to the small game room to play until time to head home. (I forgot kids can't play Foosball!! I wonder if there is a mod for that?)
    37113442893_5766b6727f_c.jpg
    23930513938_2e511b785f_c.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Babies and Love

The second prom was as magical as the first. Alice and Adam had a great time, voted King and Queen again. It was the night of the full moon and Adam transformed into his werewolf during the dance and his friends clapped and made him feel welcome. When they arrived home the family was still out. The babysitter left so they went to check on the babies who were asleep. Adam told Alice how beautiful she looked and Alice flirted with him. Alice turned on some soft music not wanting to wake the babies. They were getting more romantic and she just knew he was going to kiss her. The babies started crying. Sigh, so much for love tonight she thought.
    37525061560_92365fd61e_c.jpg
    37113443743_699f2e7d7f_c.jpg

Adam picks up Lucas and Alice takes Lexi and they comfort the crying babies. Alice thinks they may be hungry so they fix bottles and feed the babies. Alice reminds Adam, "Make sure you pat him gently and burp him after he drinks the milk." Alice does the same with Lexi who is watching Alice's face as she drinks from her bottle. Alice feels so much love for her baby sister and is glad she gets some time to help take care of her and her brother.
    37113442673_5245d2c2d9_c.jpg
    37113442283_72e62bacbe_c.jpg
    37113442143_098a12fa34_c.jpg

Alice shows Adam how to play with the baby and Lucas giggles and coo's not the least bit frightened of his werewolf face. Adam's is overwhelmed with love playing with Lucas and can only imagine what it will be like when he holds his and Alice's babies. They rock the babies until they fall back to sleep and then put them back in the cribs.
    37534615650_221bbd1e5c.jpg 23940011518_35544d5802.jpg23940134688_8979fbedc4_c.jpg

Adam is feeling restless and needs to get outside into the moonlight. He takes Alice's hands and explains how the full moon pulls him outside needing the moonlight."The urge is too strong to resist for much longer. I would rather stay here with you, but I don't think I can." She nods in understanding even as she knows she would rather him stay, she lets him go because she loves him and he needs to go. He heads outside and runs headed for the safety of the woods to hunt alone in the moonlight, while he thinks about how much he loves Alice and how lucky he was to be drawn to this town.
    23930512788_fca93c631b_c.jpg
    23930512618_e8b2f79d2b_c.jpg
    23930512188_1aef7ed39e_c.jpg

After playing a few games Gardenia is restless to see her babies. She has Victor teleport her to the nursery so she can check on the little ones. She finds Alice asleep in the rocking chair and smiles waking her daughter and thanking her for staying with the babies. Alice tells her about how much fun they had at the prom, and playing with the babies once they got home. "Adam and I fed and burped the babies, played with them and rocked them to sleep. He was so gentle with Lucas and Lucas just cooed and burbled at him."
    Gardenia doesn't sense Adam around, "Where is Adam?", she asks.
    Alice sighs softly, "full moon, call of the wild. He was restless and had to go. I was amazed he was able to stay as long as he did. I will be glad it only happens on full moons."
    Gardenia hugs her and sends her off to bed.
    23930511708_cf1612652d_c.jpg

Victor teleports in and stands next to Gardenia who is just watching her babies sleep. He looks carefully and makes sure they are ok, somewhat nervous after leaving them with a babysitter. "I've made sure the kids are tucked into their beds. Dylan and Josef argued about who gets the top bunk. I settled that for them. Josef gets top until he ages to teen and then Dylan can have the top."
    They watch their babies and turn to each other needing that connection with each other just like breathing air. Their kisses are full of love and passion and they quickly head to their room arms entwined shedding clothes as they go.
    23930511448_5bc1be282b_c.jpg
    37113437193_49b40a0bd6_c.jpg
    37761350622_a0b3a409ab_c.jpg

A Day at the Beach

Part 1

Adam arrived home after a night hunting exhilarated from the hunt, but exhausted with fatigue. The sunrise coming over the house heralded another beautiful day in Midnight Hollow. He notes the Horntail Dragon, Hagrid is arriving back to his nest on top of the roof after a nights hunt. Adam howls at the waning moon and starts the transformation from wolf to human. His muscles and bones transform with agonizing creaks and snaps until finally he is human again. He quickly heads into the house to snatch a few hours of sleep before the rest of the household awakes.
    23985209208_9cd7d8e96a_c.jpg
    23985216268_af1ec5303b_c.jpg
    23985215448_a6095ce420_c.jpg

Victor is up early and gets Lexi fed and bathed and ready for her day. Gardenia has taken care of Lucas and settles him in a swing while they check on the rest of the family.
    37805777752_a5a39e37a1_c.jpg
    37805778772_55c59a13fe_c.jpg
    37805776382_6bced3a30c_c.jpg
    37805781552_df76e02c3f_c.jpg

Since it is such a beautiful day they decide to go to the beach. Victor jumps in the car and the others follow. (I'm still trying to figure out where he put them. The trunk does not look like it will hold 6 sims and 2 baby sims) Jillian grabs the passenger seat happy to sit beside her Dad on the way to the beach. They all arrive safe and sound at the entrance. Victor for some reason is thinking about drinks so perhaps the trip was a bit stressful to him.
    37805784472_fe9fdf6cf6_c.jpg
    37805785702_2fd55b5c38_c.jpg

Everyone has a marvelous day at the beach, relaxing and enjoying the weather, the water and the surfing. The kids scuba dive and find some shells and Josef even managed to find a ruby. Jillian lost her gear but still managed to find some shells. Victor, Alice and Adam try the wave surfing station and do very well until the seals decide to attack and chomp their surfboards. Luckily no one was hurt, except maybe a little pride.
    37133044304_ecd96e18a7_c.jpg
    37843017791_8fd2f8b3b2_c.jpg
    37811375602_c22f5be952_c.jpg
    37805786642_d8df0aa7eb_c.jpg
    37805787282_7b2cc7ef6e_c.jpg

Gardenia decided to try windsurfing and loved racing across the water with the wind. Several of the others tried windsurfing and they all decided this was the most fun.
    37133044514_428bb1fb58_c.jpg
    37805788612_c338a732ff_c.jpg
    37805788622_22a7eba6ff_c.jpg
    37811375152_5c09ca7862_c.jpg

A Day at the Beach

Part 2

While the family was windsurfing and snorkeling the tide came in and just covered this poor sim up. There was no life guard on duty either. She must have been in a deep sleep as she didn't even wake up as the tide tickled her toes. Everyone was busy doing their own thing playing in the water or grilling hot dogs and burgers. Luckily before the creator had to take steps to save the silly sim, a sim in a boat ran over her, (and we all know that doesn't hurt our sims) causing a reset to the beach. Sorry, no picture of that. I'm not fast enough sometimes, too engrossed in watching the antics of the silly sims.
    37805800002_e419fb438b_c.jpg
    37837576641_a30a4043d0_c.jpg

Gardenia and Autumn spent some time talking under the canopies on the pier. Autumn was using the sunshine elixirs, but, was still uncomfortable out in the direct sun. Autumn let Gardenia know she is ready for the search to be done for her mate. Gardenia was pleased and told her that she and Victor will work on the scrying tomorrow.
    Rather than leave the babies home with a sitter Gardenia and Victor brought them along. You can just see Lucas in his little basket and Lexi is on the other side, just not visible in the picture. Victor grills up some hotdogs and hamburgers for his hungry family.
    37837574881_336400b659_c.jpg
    37837575141_029d7f9d6c_c.jpg

After filling up on hotdogs and hamburgers the kids ran to the carousel. They all picked their favorite mount and round and round they go. The sun will be setting soon so they ride it a couple of times before having to leave. Victor and Gardenia finished cleaning up after the meal and of course, they can't seem to keep their hands off each other. (I finally had to step in via the social mod to keep them busy so they didn't abandon the babies and go home to woohoo.)
    Autumn had decided to do the wave surf machine after drinking from the townie that tried to drown. She was a fast learner being a vampire, but her clumsy trait certainly affected her balance. Autumn is by nature a stoic sim, not given to much expression probably related to her early imprisonment and violent turn. After the fall, she came up smiling and that smile was beautiful to see.
    37837575911_034cf84bb0_c.jpg
    37837576111_f26e0e192e_c.jpg
    37837575531_f6a6a28917_c.jpg
    37805790022_5ee4e728f7_c.jpg
    37805790652_59c488d138_c.jpg
    37805791152_7328d750b1_c.jpg
    37837573831_dd4aee89cb_c.jpg

As the sun set the waters turn golden, shimmering in the setting sun. The mountains across from the beach looked magical and Victor stopped flirting with his wife long enough to get a few pictures. The children were entranced after getting off the carousel to watch the shifting colors as the sun set beyond the mountains.
    37805802002_93c30ddc04_c.jpg
    37837577941_87cf900a23_c.jpg
    37837578111_3c29734ff2_c.jpg

First Kiss

After cleaning up from the day at the beach, Alice and Adam fed Clarabelle. Adam is still astounded by the cow plant and how docile she can be if you know how to treat her right. He does not want to come up on her bad side. They sit together and watch the stars not ready to go in for the night. Arm in arm they walk around the yard and end up in the play yard and swing on the swings and enjoy each others company.
    37828940742_dcce2330a5_c.jpg
    37828952852_bbbf620aff_c.jpg
    37828955942_b55e70a5aa_c.jpg
    37828963612_ab549c6848_c.jpg

Adam surprises Alice with a bouquet of beautiful pink roses. Her absolute favorite. Alice gives Adam a hug. They flirt a bit with each other, embrace each other lovingly. The night has gotten very quiet, even the crickets have gone to sleep.
    37602818550_954122a030_c.jpg
    37860375231_2f09039312_c.jpg
    37828973342_840ebe7e92_c.jpg
    37150528974_e69e5fce09_c.jpg

No babies to interrupt this time Alice thinks, and she knows this is the right time. Adam kisses her softly and then more urgently enjoying the touch of her lips. Alice kisses him back wondering at how much love can be felt in a kiss. They look up at each other, smile and kiss again.
    37150538464_bc9389c075_c.jpg
    37605349910_a721f53f46_c.jpg
    37150542214_5f8676755c_c.jpg
    37150540834_3efedbabee_c.jpg

Adam is nervous and admits as much to Alice. "I know I can tell you anything and you will understand. I love you and I want the world to know you are mine and I am yours. Not just the fates and your family. I want you to be my girlfriend in they eyes of the world. I know your Dad and Mom would have a fit if I asked for anything else right now. Will you be my girlfriend for the world to know?"
    Alice answer is a very quick and simple "yes" and they kiss until they have to stop so they can breath again.
    37602825970_6573bee88c_c.jpg
    37602826460_e2535892c9_c.jpg

Adam takes a package out and hands it to Alice. He tells her it is a rare thing of beauty. They are dangerous to humans and anyone susceptible enough to follow one. He has hunted them since he learned that his mother followed one and was lost to her family and that is how his father found her wandering in the woods. He captured this one in his last hunt. "Do not let its beauty make you pity it. It will lead you into danger if you let it go. Keep it caged, its light will shine and no one will get hurt."
    Alice has heard the stories and she knows the dangers and will not let it go. She thanks Adam for trusting her to take care of it. She has a gift for Adam also. It will help him in his journey into learning about the supernatural world. "I found it recently while prowling in the back of the bookshop and thought of you." Adam thanks her for the gift and holds her around the waist as they talk, both putting off going inside until they cannot keep their eyes open any longer.
    37828991632_322e9b8302_c.jpg
    37828992422_0aa39bd01c_c.jpg
    37828993912_6174f934cd_c.jpg

They exchange one more kiss before heading up to separate bedrooms. Alice puts her will-o-wisp on her desk. She knows how rare these creatures are and realizes just how great a hunter Adam is to have found one.
    Adam loves his new book. An original book detailing supernatural and occult history in simworld. He knows this will help him greatly in the lessons from Victor. He will start reading it tomorrow, but for now he needs some rest.
    37605349660_c0d52918b6_c.jpg
    24010008118_9c75d65cc2_c.jpg
    37605349090_f58e2bfa7b_c.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @bekkasan , Am staying away from the main thread for awhile but will leave feedback for you here. :smiley:
    @Charlottesmom Will miss you over there, but, will love you over here. <3

Scrying spells

Sunday mornings are quiet at the household. Breakfast is whatever you want from the fridge and whenever you want. Gardenia and Victor usually sleep in, snuggling together, wake up rested and woohoo slowly. The babies were fed during the night and should sleep a bit longer. Josef and Dylan increase their brotherly affection with a massive pillow fight. After breakfast, they head outside to play at the block table with Jillian.
    37858978026_9d966b4caf_c.jpg
    24055544958_bb01a94480_c.jpg

Victor and Gardenia head into the cellar to work on finding and pinpointing the area where Autumn's mate may be. Victor heads over to Autumn's room. He needs to get into her memory to try to fix the time and place she started feeling her lifemate awareness. Gardenia heads into the spell room and searches her spell book for the best spell to use for finding Autumn's life mate.
    Victor uses his powers to search Autumn's mind for those memories from her trip back to Midnight Hollow. He opens his mind and hers, sharing those memories into his mind.
    37876507372_f231470161_c.jpg
    37214460494_269fcda67a_c.jpg
    24071425068_a5649bf258_c.jpg
    37891233762_9170a865ec_c.jpg
    37891233312_2ae7daa3d0_c.jpg

Victor studies the map in relationship to the memories of Autumn's flight. He takes the information to his white board and jots down some mathematical probabilities trying to determine the most likely area of the world in relation to when the sensation started. He takes the most likely information from his probability studies and informs Gardenia. She sits down at her crystal ball with Victor opposite. She opens her mind and whispers the words of the scrying spell. The ball rises and spins slowly and the fog swirls inside it. The image is murky and not visible to them. Gardenia sighs "we need Autumn."
    24055543278_65283225ea_c.jpg
    37876505942_e8c495f5db_c.jpg
    24055542478_7b67e23cc6_c.jpg

Autumn arrives as requested and sits at the table opposite Gardenia. Gardenia opens her mind once again using the information from Victor and linking with Autumn. She chants the scrying spell and the crystal ball rises and spins. The fog swirls and swirls, changing colors rapidly. The fog opens revealing an image that both women see. It puts a big smile on Autumn's face. "I know where that is," Autumn smiles. Gardenia nods and replies "A perfect scrying, the best I've ever done."
    24055540018_b683a1b2b5_c.jpg
    24055538888_74f9aab7fb_c.jpg
    24055539448_a5c02db4bb_c.jpg

Autumn hugs Gardenia and Victor thanking them for making the search area much easier for her. She relates "I have a few more commissioned portraits to finish as well as finish Adam's painted portrait before I leave. It may be a few more days, but, not much more than that." Autumn heads back to her room and changes and begins to finish Adam's portrait.
    24055538448_e2d7f3fcb0_c.jpg
    24055537798_1a92144239_c.jpg
    37927501421_fba132bb89_c.jpg