Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I know everyone should vote for what they want...

But I beg, please don't pick generic names. Rustic Life-Style actually sounds interesting. The titles make you want to check out the pack but "Laundry (Day)" just sounds so bland. It is like "Hey, it is laundry. Buy or no buy?"
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I went with the Rustic title because the items that comes with the pack are rustic.
    I think that the name should be more about the whole pack and not just the gameplay item..
    Laundry or Laundry Day is just mehh.. but tbh I would still take Laundry Day over just Laundry ANYDAY.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I like Laundry Day stuff. To me, it sounds like a fun title. I mean, we got a Toddler Stuff SP, it's just a name. I think Rustic Stuff sounds more generic, IMO, and doesn't highlight what is the main focus of the pack. Incidentally, I think Play Date Stuff would have been a cuter name for the Toddler Stuff pack. That's just me.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I picked rustic but think it looks more thrifty than rustic. Its just a name though, a rose by any other name blahblah so on..
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I like Laundry Day stuff. To me, it sounds like a fun title. I mean, we got a Toddler Stuff SP, it's just a name. I think Rustic Stuff sounds more generic, IMO, and doesn't highlight what is the main focus of the pack. Incidentally, I think Play Date Stuff would have been a cuter name for the Toddler Stuff pack. That's just me.

Generic =/= Unspecific

So many of the stuff packs are just the gameplay items and it has just become less and less creative

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I can already imagine how lame the pack name will sound in my language(Finnish) if they choose Laundry(Pyykki) or Laundry Day(Pyykki Päivä)... I REALLY hope that one of the Rustic options wins.
    edited September 2017
    Guys stick to Rustic Lifesytle if possible because splitting votes between Rustic Stuff and Rustic Lifestyle will cause Laundry to win
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    I was torn between Rustic Home Stuff and Laundry Stuff (did not like the "day" in there sounded weird), went with the first one. You know the screenshot with the items looks so nice. It's like they popped right out of the concept art, I might actually buy this one. And seeing as laundry is something to use in an everyday home I'm strangely looking forward to it. I don't like packs that have outrageous stuff mixed with the generic looking items we always get (Backyard Stuff, Fitness Stuff and Toddler Stuff).

Like....really good job on this one dev team, the objects look actually good and not cheap and rushed like the latest ones we've been getting.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Rustic lifestyle is more interesting because laundry is like oh yay lets buy another pack just for my Sims to do chores. Whereas rustic lifestyle is saying more about the pack than just if you like gameplay you can wash your clothes.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I think you contradicted yourself a bit there.... "everyone should vote for what they want" "but please don't vote anything generic". I voted for Laundry Day Stuff because it summed up the pack better than Rustic Lifestyle and wasn't so short like Laundry Stuff. And I am sure people have their own reasons to vote the titles. Why shouldn't they pick something "generic"? It is a simple stuff pack, we don't have to go crazy here. Some people like generic on certain occasions, and for me, this is one of them.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2017
    I voted for Rustic Lifestyle hoping there'd be something included that isn't laundry. I value and respect those who won the vote for laundry and hope they really enjoy the pack when it launches. Just hoping there's something in it I would want to purchase this pack for. If not, I'm sure there'll be other packs I can throw my money at. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I voted for Rustic Lifestyle hoping there'd be something included that isn't laundry. I value and respect those who won the vote for laundry and hope they really enjoy the pack when it launches. Just hoping there's something in it I would want to purchase this pack for. If not, I'm sure there'll be other packs I can throw my money at. :)

I just really hope the other ideas for candle making, nectar making and storage, bee keeping, canning, sewing and solar panels aren't dismissed, they were really good.

Now that think about it, bee keeping could go for both honey and bee wax for the candles. They should be together.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Sigzy05 I agree! I'd love to have all of those things in my game. Its part of the reason I was so bummed to find laundry had been the highest vote. Its already been established that I'm a bit weird so it shouldn't surprise me that the majority wanted the exact opposite of what I wanted :D I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see cantle and nectar making, bee keeping (which would go great with candle making yes?) etc in the near future.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

I just really hope the other ideas for candle making, nectar making and storage, bee keeping, canning, sewing and solar panels aren't dismissed, they were really good.

Now that think about it, bee keeping could go for both honey and bee wax for the candles. They should be together.

Just think of all the ideas they've come up with for every other pack. Sadly that's the aspect of video game design. The only reason we care is because we are aware of the things we've lost out on. Think of the hundreds of amazing ideas that had to be cut just like these, that we weren't aware of.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i chose "laundry stuff".
    the furniture doesn't look "rustic" to me and many of the objects (besides the machines themselves) are laundry focused.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Rustic Lifestyle Stuff and Rustic Home Stuff both sound very vague to me. They would be nice titles if te pack actually contained something I would consider rustic. But that's the problem, what is rustic probably means many different things to many different people. Laundry (Day) Stuff is just more specific. The pack is focused on laundry so I think that should just be in the name of the pack.
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I'm just glad they dropped the 'Eco' title.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I chose "Laundry". Straight to the point. Unlike for example "movie stuff" that could have been named "hippie stuff + popcorn and a projector".
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    But I beg, please don't pick generic names. Rustic Life-Style actually sounds interesting. The titles make you want to check out the pack but "Laundry (Day)" just sounds so bland. It is like "Hey, it is laundry. Buy or no buy?"

And that's how I like it. Tells it as it is.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I didn't pick rustic only because if you search for rustic furniture on google, what you find there is a lot different than what will be featured in the back.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    "Would you like to play a game called 'Laundry Day'?"
    "Sorry, it's laundry day."

It's true that most of the people here know what's going on, but not everybody comes here.

From the looks of how development is going, I may have to completely remodel half of my main house because I like that stuff so much.

I would totally have voted 'Stuffy McStuff Pack'. COME ON, GUYS! The perils of online voting! You know they actually caved to that, right?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I did do that but I don't think my choice will have a chance. :(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    "Would you like to play a game called 'Laundry Day'?"
    "Sorry, it's laundry day."

It's true that most of the people here know what's going on, but not everybody comes here.

From the looks of how development is going, I may have to completely remodel half of my main house because I like that stuff so much.

I would totally have voted 'Stuffy McStuff Pack'. COME ON, GUYS! The perils of online voting! You know they actually caved to that, right?

I don't think EA really have a sense of humour when it comes to their packs or maybe Teens might not see the joke?. At least when 'Boaty McBoatface was rejected for the uk Polar Research boat they gave the name Boaty to a small submarine on board it. Maybe Maxis might do something similar?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i think honestly laundry day stuff is a more suited name for this pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Guys stick to Rustic Lifesytle if possible because splitting votes vetween Rustic Stuff and Rustic Lifestyle will cause Laundry to win

I didn't saw this post earlier, but still it was the tittle that i choose. Laundry.....no please..... that´s enough that the pack it self is about laundry.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    I think you contradicted yourself a bit there.... "everyone should vote for what they want" "but please don't vote anything generic". I voted for Laundry Day Stuff because it summed up the pack better than Rustic Lifestyle and wasn't so short like Laundry Stuff. And I am sure people have their own reasons to vote the titles. Why shouldn't they pick something "generic"? It is a simple stuff pack, we don't have to go crazy here. Some people like generic on certain occasions, and for me, this is one of them.

I said I DO KNOW that everyone should vote for what they want but it would be better if we votedf for ___

Thought I was being obvious?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?