Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Title voting is up!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/stuff-pack-title-vote

I went for one of the "Laundry" titles rather than one of the "Rustic" ones, personally. I guess it felt more... practical? And maybe less annoying to someone who sees "Rustic" and expects something rather different from laundry when they look at the details.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• Options
    AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    I agree, "Laundry" is more to the point. I like the word "Rustic", though... Tough decision, but I guess I will go with "Laudry Day".
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I went with "Laundry Day", I thought it sounded better than just "Laundry" and it also reminds me of Spa Day which is a pack that I really like.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Laundry Day
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Laundry stuff. :lol:
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I chose Laundry Day Stuff. :)

I thought "Rustic" doesn't really tell a person what the new gameplay is and just plain old "Laundry" was boring!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Isn't it kind of weird to name it after the gameplay object. I mean it made sense for bowling stuff and movie stuff but that's it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    If the pack was truly rustic, I would have gone for that one. I chose, instead Laundry Day, over simply Laundry. At least I got a chance to vote on this one. I missed two out of the last four to my chagrin. And this one only with two days to spare!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    Help! When I get to the Region choice screen, I only see English and Chinese(?) as options, no other regions! I got there through the Finnish site.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Nothing rustic about it to me. I went with Laundry Day stuff. I have a 'Laundry day' maybe 3 times a week at home and since this pack is mainly about doing laundry, I felt it fit.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I went with Rustic because I thought it sounded better than "Laundry Stuff" I mean... someone wouldn't exactly walk by it on a shelf and think "oh hey, laundry!" but having come here I can see I might've made the wrong choice!
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    We already have "Spa Day" so to avoid repetition I just voted Laundry Stuff B)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DeathCabForCutieDeathCabForCutie Posts: 59 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »
    I went with Rustic because I thought it sounded better than "Laundry Stuff" I mean... someone wouldn't exactly walk by it on a shelf and think "oh hey, laundry!" but having come here I can see I might've made the wrong choice!

No, I thougth the same. Laundry Day makes sense as a title but the furniture options etc are "rustic" so I feel like that title is justified. It sounds nicer than Laundry stuff,
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Laundry day stuff
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    haituva wrote: »
    Help! When I get to the Region choice screen, I only see English and Chinese(?) as options, no other regions! I got there through the Finnish site.

I had the same thing and I came through the Dutch site. I just chose the English region. That has worked every time for me. I guess there are no other options simply because the title will be chosen in English. That title will have to be translated to other languages. But of course that is just a guess.
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    edited September 2017
    Klthf wrote: »
    I guess there are no other options simply because the title will be chosen in English. That title will have to be translated to other languages. But of course that is just a guess.

Ah, that could be it. But it said in the blog post that all regions are "in" so I assumed that would mean we get to vote the localized versions. Anyway, I also voted in the English version now. But in a way we don't know what we're voting for.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I voted laundry stuff because it gets to the point the best and we already got spa day... But if laundry day wins I'm ok with that too. Calling the pack rustic something doesn't tell you what the gameplay is.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff. I agree, nothing rustic about the pack.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I went with Laundry Day. I just like the way it sounds is all.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I went with Rustic Home Stuff. It looks rustic imo :smile:
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff sounded good to me. Rustic didn't click with me.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I went with Laundry Day Stuff, seemed to fit more than the others to me
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @haituva same thing happened for me and I'm Finnish as well.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I went with rustic home stuff. The other names just seemed bland and having a pack named after laundry seemed... well... odd. But regardless I'll still buy it. I like the furniture and cas items.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2017
    Klthf wrote: »
    haituva wrote: »

I had the same thing and I came through the Dutch site. I just chose the English region. That has worked every time for me. I guess there are no other options simply because the title will be chosen in English. That title will have to be translated to other languages. But of course that is just a guess.

I voted in the English option too, but my language is actually Portuguese. I hope they don't translate it badly to Portuguese, like they did with Dine Out (it's "Escapada Gourmet" in Portuguese, literally "Gourmet Escapade", instead of "Jantando Fora" which would be the correct translation).
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I voted "Laundry Stuff" because it gets straight to the point and flows better than "Laundry Day Stuff". I would have chosen "Laundry Day" if there was no "stuff" after it, because I like that name best. I love the concept of using "Rustic" or "Rustic Living", but it feels misleading to me for this pack. Plus, I wanted to leave that name open in case we get a real rustic living pack. ;)
    #Team Occult