Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe were getting a tropical pack with a mermaid life state ?

13...Next

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Pretty much confirmed now, the next GP will be tropical vacation

Yeah. I hope they add the ability to swim to all the bodies of water already in the game though!

This. I'd be disappointed if the already existing bodies of water weren't swimmable.

I think we are getting strong hints on a tropical vacation pack. After all, it is summer in the Southern hemisphere in the next few months. And I'm excited that it's likely a GP, because the recent GPs have excellent quality, which is a good sign.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    I'd love to see mermaids again.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited January 2018
    It would be really nice to have an underwater city with a mermaid pack but I'm sure I'm just dreaming! Dx
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I absolutely loved mermaids and Island Paradise was one of my fav TS3 EP's. I loved diving underwater and discovering mermaids, treasures and eventually my sim became one as well. I would love if they returned in TS4 at some point!
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Those icons were from Outdoor Retreat.

And mermaids make me want to vomit. I know they market TS4 to teen girls, but that's just a little bit too sugary sweet for me. Let's keep the lifestates as things that appeal to a wider audience than just 13-year olds.

21 year old guy here. Give me the mermaids.

I am the same age as you, am a guy as well and agree- give me the mermaids.
    Mermaids were great, and I'd rank Island Paradise high among my favorite EPs. If they could have the same powers and weaknesses systems like vampires, that would be even better.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What I would like is a island vacation pack. It would be one big island with a few smaller islands surrounding it, similar to PI but smaller, fit for a vacation destination. It would have beaches, hopefully each one a little different than the other, on all four sides of the island. The would be a public neighborhood for stores, restaurants, bars and clubs for sims to party or relax. There would be huts to rent or houses to buy if you wanted your sim to live there with a few on the smaller islands.

Ocean swimming is possible but instead of diving (I found it boring) your sim can go snorkeling and collect different types of coral. If you collect all the coral, you might meet a merperson in the flesh. Maybe they'll invite you to become a merperson, too. But beware of the sharks who protect the reef from thieves.
  • KirRaeGamerKirRaeGamer Posts: 7 New Member
    I have to ask, did the mermen tails in TS3 seem...short and stubby to anyone else? If we get a TS4 update for merpeople it would be great if we can have the same physical appearance choices for both genders. (fins, tails and such) I'm sure the point was to make them look more masculine, (maybe?) but it just didn't work for me.
    I have to ask, did the mermen tails in TS3 seem...short and stubby to anyone else? If we get a TS4 update for merpeople it would be great if we can have the same physical appearance choices for both genders. (fins, tails and such) I'm sure the point was to make them look more masculine, (maybe?) but it just didn't work for me.

I think the intention was to make them look more like shark fins (and therefore more masculine, as you said); I'd be fine with either choice, if we ever got mermaids

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm a young adult and I love mermaids. Here's hoping we get them.