Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Retail Store Challenge (UPDATED)

Comments

• Options
    TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    @SoulGal7 thanks a lot for posting the pictures and the links for my lots :) . And thank you all for the compliments - I am glad you liked my lots.

@BreeMiles and @AIRIS6962 , the seasonal twist sound really interesting. I think I am going to incorporate at least some of them to my stores. Since I am European I don't know anything about Thanksgiving and things that pertain to that holiday, so I am going to pass on that event :) .

And @SoulGal7, I just love your Retail Wars story. It inspired me to do these two stores at the same time although there was no rivalry between them. Great to see there is a new chapter which I am off to read now.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Tiipii I´m European too! Spanish! :smiley:

PS: And I´m getting into the Sunday evening depression right now :bawling:
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited October 2017
    Tiipii wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 thanks a lot for posting the pictures and the links for my lots :) . And thank you all for the compliments - I am glad you liked my lots.

@BreeMiles and @AIRIS6962 , the seasonal twist sound really interesting. I think I am going to incorporate at least some of them to my stores. Since I am European I don't know anything about Thanksgiving and things that pertain to that holiday, so I am going to pass on that event :) .

And @SoulGal7, I just love your Retail Wars story. It inspired me to do these two stores at the same time although there was no rivalry between them. Great to see there is a new chapter which I am off to read now.

@Tiipii
    On the Giving Week, (Thanksgiving) I thought we could just colour our items in the reds, oranges, and yellows as the game don't provide much for that season!
  • Options
    MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    @soulgal7 that was an awesome chapter. Avsolutely loved it and you can't beat a bit of drama :D;)
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Hallie's mannequins are looking snazzy in there sports outfits! Does it take them forever to go over and start ringing up customer or is this just my game? Okay so this is wicked cruel of me but when I was seeing Lamont's name inn my head I was thinking it was laundromat! Yes we need to send them to train! That's a big chunk Hallie! ("If you choose classical") really does this work? Hahahahaha, love the name of the song Hank wrote! Way to go Bobbie! Place the 0 simoleons bathroom outside, from debug then you never have that problem again! LOL Oh no a fight in the store! What kind of place do they think Hank runs! Its not a rodeo! I love all the customers face expression! Well I'm glad Marcus won the fight then! Oh you have one great employee there sweetie! Oh biting my nails in suspense dear, I can't wait to see what he does!
    Congrats to Hank again he is on a roll!
    mega manager perk don't help a lot! I have it and they still opt to check the phone on the busiest of days! I love the video clip sweetie! Epic Story!
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    Thanksgiving is a feast to celebrate a good harvest, so...fall colors, pumpkins, turkey (traditional meal), etc...
  • Options
    Hellagood88Hellagood88 Posts: 76 Member
    @BreeMiles Do you know what pack or expansion these stacks of display books come from?
    BreeMiles wrote: »

21248430_1189331844534821_1547393278243730021_o.jpg?oh=3f4aabd6ae594e8184b195a0970f11e4&oe=5A233852

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Hellagood88 - those stacks are free under the debug. I copied this from Euphorial Queen so you know how to get them. Ask, if you have any questions. They don't cost anything. Hope that helps :)

Open cheat console type and enter
    testingcheats on
    Then type and enter
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    Under filter (where you choose colors and such) open the Content option and choose Debug.
    This will display all the free debug decorations
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by MyInnerSim on
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • Options
    @Hellagood88 They don't have an icon for a pack so I assume they came with base game! You can find them with the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects, and then type in debug, and scroll down! I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim - just watched your new Ch. 6 Let's Play and I have to say that the store is looking great! Those pastry displays seem to get dirty all the time. Instead of using 2 of the used counters, which are $100 each, I used the Homely retail counter (used) (under retail) and it costs $75. It only comes in black - no color choice. The pastry tray will sit nicely on it as does the cash register. You can also place a baked goods on the counter for sale as well. Another money saver. Also, I think on Friday, you can replace the lower sale items for higher priced sale items. With more skills, Dexter will be able to bake higher priced goods. Also, if Dexter is flirty, he can make flirty cookies! It is looking great!

• Options
    @SoulGal7 I'm glad you like the bakery's new look. Thank you for the inspiration :smile:
    I tried the retail counter recently and it seemed to place the items only on the inside which looked weird to me lol I wanted them to sit on the top at the front but wasn't sure if you can sell items that have been placed with the Move Objects cheat.
    I think it was Fridays video that went up last night :smile: Ha, I struggle to keep track which video is which now :lol:
  • Options

@MyInnerSim , dear, thank you very much for a new "Let´s Play" chapter! I still couldn´t watch it whole, but I have any suggestios for you, if you don´t mind:
    Why do you need 2 doors in the toilet? I think you should delete one of them ( the inner one ) and the wall too. Why I didn´t notice this when you made the reform? :mrgreen: Sorry, dear LOL

Oh, Dexter does not need to cook for restock, you can restock without cooking!
    In my Mobile Pastry Shop my sim only cooked for the Store when she was going to add a new plate/cake. More level you sim gets, more expensive plates/cakes you will can sell :wink:
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim very epic episode dear! I can't wait to see the cookie factory work! I'm at a blank with it as I've only seen it in build mode, never used it! <3
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 Oh I thought I would need to rebake to make the items sell for more money, now that his bakig skill is up? Does it do that automatically when restocking?
    I was trying to avoid sims walking in on another using the toilet lol I suppose I don't actually need it :)
    Thanks for the tips and for watching my video :)

@BreeMiles I've finally managed to use the Cupcake Factory for Saturday's episode. I've decided to upload a video on Saturday, which will be Dexter's Sunday off, as Dexter needs to prepare for the Halloween event :smile: Then there will be a bonus video on Sunday too. I'm sure you can guess what that will be :wink:
    Thanks for watching :)
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe just how much people like my Let's Play and the lovely comments I've had. If it wasn't for me finding this challenge, I would never have done it so thankyou @AIRIS6962 & @BreeMiles for the inspiration :smiley:
  • Options
    Oh and thank you to everyone for hints and tips on things I can do to improve the store and save money. I've started recording a few days ahead so if you don't see me making adjustments for a few videos, that's why :smile:
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim - you are doing great! Heck! I don't think I could do a Let's Play video, wouldn't even know how to start one! lol There are some times that I would like to do in video when sims do funny things, and you're like? What? What are you doing? lol

With the Halloween Challenge, I am not sure what to do now. I don't have anything written yet for Thursday....I just went to Friday -- that is my "twist" theme day. I redecorated Hallie's store, and played her store. I haven't played Hank's yet.

I think I might redecorate on Sat. in Halloween theme. That might work. Sorry, thinking out loud here. lol
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 ? Halloween Challenge ?
    Did I miss something?

@EuphorialQueen Yeah if you go back a few pages Bree and AIRIS announced a themed twist :smile:

@SoulGal7 Thanks :smile: I've had to do extra videos to fit the theme change in so there will be extra vids on Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise I'd only have 3 Halloween vids for the 10days. I may add in another next week too if I have time to record it :smiley:
    Hah yeah I love it when funny things happen. Like the bathroom congregation and when Dexter kept passing out :lol:
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2017
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Everything started in August, when I usually start to think in Christmas LOL I launched my idea at @BreeMiles today and her wonderful brain starts to think and compose ;)
    @MyInnerSim
    Saw the above comment but somehow missed this one.

Seasonal Twist
  • Options
    Everything started in August, when I usually start to think in Christmas LOL I launched my idea at @BreeMiles today and her wonderful brain starts to think and compose ;)
    @MyInnerSim
    Saw the above comment but somehow missed this one.

Seasonal Twist

You have two options: to decorate your current store or to build a brand new themed store for the seasonal twist and share here with us.
  • Options
    MyInnerSim wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe just how much people like my Let's Play and the lovely comments I've had. If it wasn't for me finding this challenge, I would never have done it so thankyou @AIRIS6962 & @BreeMiles for the inspiration :smiley:

Thank you very much to you, dear! This challenge exists because all of you who are playing it and follows it and make so wonderful creations, stories or videos <3
  • Options

You have two options: to decorate your current store or to build a brand new themed store for the seasonal twist and share here with us.

Haha, well I did a mixture of the two and redecorated and added in themed items :) which you will see in Saturdays and Sundays bonus videos :)
    Part 7 is uploaded tonight at 8pm GMT :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top