Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giveaway: Cats and Dogs! (Winners Announced)

Comments

• Average_simmerAverage_simmer Posts: 25 Member
    You Got: 45% cat person and 55% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

I have 2 adorable dogs and 4 mischievous cats. My older dog is a 9 year old boxer mastiff mix named Brandy. Prime example of gentle giant. The biggest baby who is spoiled rotten. My baby is a 5 year old shiba inu mix named Morgan, who is basically glued to Brandy. She is such a sweet and loving dog. She cane from a rescue in TJ as a puppy and can be skittish at times. My 2 female cats are sisters that are 6 years old. I have their mom and decided to keep the two kittens. The mom has since passed away. The two look and act very different from each other. One is a Domestic Medium Hair named Coco who is very loving and wants to cuddle all the time and very vocal. The other is a Domestic Short Hair named Minnie (she looked like a mini version of their mom) who is very independent and is a you can love me when i say so type. My other 2 cats are identical twin boys named Deja and Boo like Deja vu since they are identical and go everywhere together. They came to me when a friend was moving and no one would take the kittens. Of course i didnt need more cats but took them in anyways. Now i couldnt imagine my life without my furry babies.
  • RobeyRobey Posts: 11 New Member
    You Got: 47% cat person and 53% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each. :D
  • RobeyRobey Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Robey said:
    > You Got: 47% cat person and 53% dog person!
    > You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each. :D

Oh I missed a step, my bad. I can't edit my comment, but I don't have any pets. I used to have birds and they were hilarious.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    You Got: 27% cat person and 73% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I never thought of myself as a pet person. And I would have never guessed I was a dog person, as a kid I was always terrified with dogs and that lasted until I was like 15 (?). Ironically though, my family loved dogs, so we always had dogs. What's even more ironic is that the only pets (Michael and Nips) that I actually loved were dogs. Sometime in 2005 a few months after my father passed away, my aunt gave us one of their puppies. I was the only one at home when she gave it to us, and me being really indifferent to pets was not really excited about it. He was a half Japanese Spitz and half Shih Tzu, very small, very white and very scared. During his first few days with us he would hide under our couch and would curl up when you approached him. I could imagine how scary it would be to be separated with your mom for the first time and in a completely different environment. I thought, I'll let my sister handle this, she was always the dog lover in the family. But as the days go by, this tiny thing would always follow me for some reason, I think it's because I was the first person he met in our household, he would not go near my sister. Which I thought was funny. So somehow, I wanted to amuse myself and well... toy with him for a while, thinking that it was probably just a phase or something. I don't think I would ever love another pet again, but him. He was the most affectionate pet to me. He was my best friend (and at time my worse as well, training him to poop outside was both the most rewarding and worse thing ever). He was the one who woke me up in the morning, even when I didn't have classes (or work later on). I was the only person in the house who actually played with him, and we fought a lot as well, hehe... yeah, I give tough love. When ever he knows I'm mad at him, he would do that dog thing where he stays in a corner with his tail curled up, and looks down (that's a dog thing, right?). I would snuggle with him eventually, and he would be happy again. I miss him. We had him for a over 10 years. He died sometime in December 2016. He was very old at that time... :(

Like I said, I was never a pet person. And I never really considered myself one, until now. Because honestly, I thought Nips for me was more than a pet, he was one of my best friends. He was an extension to myself. I still miss him today... Ok I have to stop... I... ......................

@estella_dee , thank you for your lovely story! <3 I would have to say if you loved a pet enough to consider him or her as your best friend, then I would say you are a pet person, just a very selective pet person! B) In contrast is a person I know who never felt that way to any of the pets her husband or children had. She was kind to the pets, but never missed them once they passed away. She is not a pet person! :'(
    You, on the other hand, are more like an introvert without a bunch of friends, but instead has just one or two terrific ones! ;)

Thank you for your kind words. I still have teary eyes when I think about him. You are right, I am an introvert, but paradoxically also a social person, it is easy for me to find friends. However I am also sensitive, I guess? Like my dog, I miss my father too. I do find myself every now and again, staring blankly in space at night, before bed thinking of my father (and sometimes my puppy, dog really, I just consider him as a puppy). If I was a real sim, I would definitely have that sad moodlet very often. :P

@estella_dee , you're welcome! It is very difficult to have lost a parent! :'( Between having lost your father and your dog, no wonder you would have the sad moodlet if you were a Sim! :(:'( I'm sorry for both of your losses!
    Yes, being an introvert doesn't mean you aren't social; it just means that you don't prefer large groups of people unless you really know them well! ;) So, just like in the case with you and pets, you might not be close to most pets, but you are very attached to those you are close to. There is nothing wrong with that! B)
    I hope you can take solace in the love you shared with both your father and your beloved dog! <3o:)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
    Hittman70 wrote: »
    34& cat person and 66% dog person!
    I have a dog named Tinker Belle who's a basset hound and I used to have a labradoodle named Crissi, but she died last November from a tumor in her liver.

@Hittman70 , I'm sorry for the loss of your Labradoodle! :'( I'm glad you have Tinker Belle in your life! <3 I used to have a stuffed Basset Hound when I was little!
    Took the quiz. It says, 30% cat person and 70% dog person. My parents own dogs. There are severe allergies to cats, so that may be why I have less favor for them. I personally do not own any cats or dogs. I have two fancy parakeets that spend about half their day outside the cage. I am more a bird person instead.

Growing up, my family had 3 parakeets! <3 Parakeets rock! B)
    MsPhy wrote: »
    You Got: 37% cat person and 63% dog person!

You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

My real fur babies. Well, I recently had to say goodbye to my little buddy, Buster. He was a rescue dog and was old when we got him, but he gave us two very happy years. Never wanted anything except to be loved. Someone had just turned him out on the street, I guess because he was old.

37660197472_75fd7b3159.jpg

And then there is Una, also a rescue dog. She's been with us about 5 years and fancies herself a football mascot. She has allergies, and I guess her owners didn't want the expense of a special-needs dog.

36982430694_4c7a29fa32.jpg

And finally, we have Charlie, who just joined us a few days ago. We got him from the local humane society. He looks like a puppy, but they say he's about a year old, abandoned by his family. I just don't understand that.

37660210672_020f1c297d.jpg

We also have a cat, Huckleberry, but he's a shy boy and hard to get on camera. He was also a rescue.

There are so many dogs and cats available through rescue agencies and humane societies. I encourage everyone to look there, and don't be afraid to get an adult pet. Often times they are already house-trained and have gotten past the "chew everything to pieces" phase. I used to worry about an adult pet bonding with us like a puppy or kitten would. What I discovered is that this is nothing to worry about; where there is love, there is a home.

Rescue pets are the best! <3o:)<3
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    @ClaudiaPopa

They are cuteeeee. <3

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • eaggereagger Posts: 1 New Member
    I love talking about my pets, so let's get started!
    I got 40% cat person and 60 % dog person, which i have to say is preeeetty accurate.

You better get comfortable, 'cuz i got a looot of animals, 6 to be exact and i'm ready to tell their whole life stories.

The oldest furbaby is our cat Trunte (which is actually a "girly" name, and he's a boy). He's ~9 years old and started life as a barn cat living with a lot of more or less wild cats. We moved in across the street and got this sweet little kitty, who didn't want to live life in a barn and now he lives as the lazy cat king.

A little while after we got Trunte we bought our first dog, Nemo (yes, like the fish), a very sweet mixed breed dog. He's also ~9 years old and very close with his "big brother". Full of energy, love and just generally a super nice dog, even though he is a bit loud at times.

3 years ago i got 2 guinea pigs, Flora and Daisy, so naturally we got the biggest cage we could find and made sure, that they could live in luxury. Nemo didn't really get it in the beginning, but they all became best friends in no time, especially Flora and Nemo. Trunte is a scaredy cat, so he's afraid of them lol. Sadly Flora passed away earlier this year, so we have a new girl in the house now, fiery Ginger, who's not as chill as Daisy, but sweet nonetheless.

My dad then moved together with his girlfriend and she brought her 2 kids and dog with her, Tilde. Tilde is a boxer and, to be honest, a bit ugly, but you couldn't find a sweeter dog. She sleeps all the time, but is full of energy when she's awake.

Our latest baby is Sparky, whom we have just adopted from Greece! He's only ~6 months old and sooo cute. Loves to play, run, jump and sleep and follows Nemo everywhere he goes. They have already become great friends, and Nemo is so happy to have another dog in the house, so it's great.

(I'm going to add pictures later, but i just couldn't wait)
  • DedeOehDedeOeh Posts: 3 New Member
    You Got: 68% cat person and 32% dog person!
    You are a cat person! Their cold demeanour only makes them more intriguing to you and earning their affection is a prized achievement. Please adopt five kitties immediately.

I wish I had pets in real life :( Maybe one day I will become a crazy cat lady anyways...
  • lolliepopsimmerlolliepopsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    you got: 27% cat person and 73% dog person
  • twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 48% cat person and 52% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

A little weird because I am more of a cat person but I do love dogs too. I think if my results were switched it would be perfect. Good idea getting 10 of each animal though seems like something I should do :D

Really I own 2 cats, Aurora (pastel calico) and Skylar (tuxedo). They are in my display picture. Both rescues I got as kittens, they are 5 years old now. I love them more than anything and they make mine and my fiance's life more complete. If I was going to get a dog I would choose a corgi because they are so cute and I'm sort of small so a little dog would be best. My fiance wants to get a husky though so who knows how that will play out.
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • rayzacrayzac Posts: 12 New Member
    You Got: 27% cat person and 73% dog person!
  • ThamiMoraThamiMora Posts: 10 New Member
    You Got: 51% cat person and 49% dog person!

That's absolutely right I'm a cat person! Well, I like animal in generals too... I have a Persian-Angoran cat named Zena. She's just celebrated her 7th birthday this October!
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    You Got: 58% cat person and 42% dog person!

Lol I'm kinda scared of dogs they are a little too energetic. I have two cats that always fight it's cute because they make up right after.
  • Abbie_____Abbie_____ Posts: 1 New Member
    You Got: 59% cat person and 41% dog person!

Well... I’m mostly a carb person since I have 3 cats
  • CeeMiltonCeeMilton Posts: 94 Member
    You Got: 29% cat person and 71% dog person!

Sadly don't own either cats or dogs but I do own a pair of cockatiels named Sam and Dean.
  • AshrellAshrell Posts: 5 New Member
    I got 39% cat person and 61% dog person!

I have one cat and one dog ! Here's a pic of my cat. She's currently healing since she broke her pelvis in a car accident a month ago :(
    It was heartbreaking but the vet was positive and she walks okay and starts to jump again now ! She's getting a huge dose of hugs right now ! ♥

[img]https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2017/42/3/1508278118-uuu.png[/img]
  • AshrellAshrell Posts: 5 New Member
    Aww sorry, here's the picture in normal size ! :)

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/42/3/1508278904-15135701-1282664298464074-1132401383-n.jpg
  • WolferTigerzWolferTigerz Posts: 121 Member
    You Got: 24% cat person and 76% dog person!

I have 3 dogs, a cat, and a bird (canary), haha.
    First there's Rosebud and Cali, their sisters (Border collie lab mixes),
    Cali is 7 years old and is the cutest thing ever, she is adorabley grumpy and just a little attention-seeking elder but doesn't act like it. Cali isn't that active, but she will bark ENDLESSLY until someone pets her, she does love exploring and eating food off the table .-.
    Rosebud is veryyyy clingy to my mom and dad. She does still love me and my brother. She feels guilty when she does something wrong, and will just walk up to us and ask for attention haha, big cuddler. She's also 7 years old.
    Koda is my little goofy trouble maker, he turned 2 years old in september, he's a husky german shepherd mix! He'll run off everywhere, and just loves to play, he doesn't cuddle tho, oh no non ono. He is supperrrr silly and it's just adorable.
    Blue is my 3-4 year old cat, he is very pretty, he likes attention, but he's also a big scaredy cat tho haha, he's getting better tho. He mainly hangs out in my brother's room, so I guess he counts as my brother's cat, but I love him just the same.
    Pineapple is my female canary, she used to have friends buttt.....
    er
    yea, we've had her for quite a while actually :0

oops I rambled on...

Here's a small album of pictures haha, a lot of pictures of Koda because, well, he's 'my own dog' I had a lot more cutes pictures of Cali, but I lost them ;-;

Rosebud is the black/white one with the red collar w/ ears that are semi erect (floppy?), Cali is the chubbier black/white one with the green collar and floppy down ears, big brown eyes. Blu is the cat (duh xD), and Koda is the one with the long face, brown eyes, and ears that stick fully up
    https://postimg.org/gallery/1m2gs54yk/e904654f/
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    what % cat person and what % dog person are youYou Got: 62% cat person and 38% dog person!You are a cat person! Their cold demeanour only makes them more intriguing to you and earning their affection is a prized achievement. Please adopt five kitties immediately.
  • kojisimkojisim Posts: 1 New Member
    My results:
    You Got: 30% cat person and 70% dog person!

I don't have any pets, but we used to have a beloved golden retriever named Happy. <3

Thank you so much for doing this giveaway!!
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    You Got: 59% cat person and 41% dog person!

I'm more of a cat person lol. I'm trying to walk my cat wish me luck!
  • Candy02080Candy02080 Posts: 2 New Member
    You Got: 47% cat person and 53% dog person!
    You're just about an equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably bested you fill your home with 10 of each.

I currently live on a college campus so my fur babies live at my house with my mom. I have three cats two of which are mine and the other is my moms. I have a seven-year-old black cat named Midnight, a seven-year-old tortoise colored cat named Sicily, and a small fuzzball of a kitten who is now two years old named Shya.
    Midnight was from my friends neighbor, Sicily was our animal shelter rescue, and Shya has been dubbed engine cat due to my boyfriend finding her in the front end of his car.

I can't figure out how to add pictures. :/
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    You Got: 38% cat person and 62% dog person!

Which makes sense, because my dog, Magrat, is very similar to a cat.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.