Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No laundromat coming with eco pack confirmed

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
We can make our own though. Any suggestions on lot type?

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Maybe a generic lot type.

All we need is washers and dryers,the decor detergents and maybe the vending machine from Get To Work. The videogame cabinets and darts from Get Together could also help.

There is a mod to bring other sims to a community lot but I can't remember the name.
  • Options
    If it turns out washers and dryers won't work on community lots then may be this is the reason. I didnt think of that.
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I was just thinking about this today so that's unfortunate, maybe the system is more confined to a lot than it was in TS3, which I'd be okay with if it works better - TS3's laundry was a tad wonky.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    good and bad I think. I ain't even really got room for any other lot types right meow. . . space is tight in my neighborhoods! but laundromats would've been neat.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Never really used the laundromat in Sims 3, so not having one in Sims 4 doesn't bug me that much.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    I guess it doesn't bother me
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    It's kinda weird though, even The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff had laundromats as one of it's main focuses (along with gyms, libraries and parks) and a Stuff Pack that has laundry as it's main 'activity' doesn't have one...?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think it might be a decent fit with a Retail lot or a Café lot. IRL I've seen both options where I live. There's a laundromat near where I used to live that has a cute convenience store in the front. I've seen others that have full-on coffee shops. Buuuuut I do wonder if the laundry system would really work that way? Will we able to have a filled laundry hamper on a non-residential lot to make the system work? Might be worth asking in Graham's forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think it might be a decent fit with a Retail lot or a Café lot. IRL I've seen both options where I live. There's a laundromat near where I used to live that has a cute convenience store in the front. I've seen others that have full-on coffee shops. Buuuuut I do wonder if the laundry system would really work that way? Will we able to have a filled laundry hamper on a non-residential lot to make the system work? Might be worth asking in Graham's forum.
    I was wondering about that myself.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I never used it in TS3, so I can't say I'll miss one in TS4. Maybe my tune would change if it also had a coffee place in the same building.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    What I'm hoping is that sims can at least put the laundry in their inventory and take it to another lot (which would be the laundromat, but tagged as another lot type) and the washer and dryers would work.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Not caring about that.
    I want a laundry room not a laundromat anyway.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I never used it in TS3, so I can't say I'll miss one in TS4. Maybe my tune would change if it also had a coffee place in the same building.

Well I'm sure somebody will build one if you can't yourself.

• Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    really disappointed. Only reason I even wanted any laundry stuff (which I didn't vote for) was for laundry mat purposes.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    No big loss. Laundry is a boring chore as it is.....definitely wouldn’t be wasting my time dragging my sims off lot to do their laundry. Owning and running a laundromat sounds even more boring....people come in and use machines....it’s mostly self-service. Considering this was a home-oriented theme, not sure why anyone would have expected a laundromat.
  • Options
    Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    I really hate how the release things that they've already done and miss out the best parts of the previous content
    so annoying!
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I'm really hoping we can put a community lot up ourselves and use it like a laundromat. Does anyone know if we will have useable ironing boards?
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Never really used the laundromat in Sims 3, so not having one in Sims 4 doesn't bug me that much.

This. -- I prefer doing my laundry at home.

• Options
    I'm really hoping we can put a community lot up ourselves and use it like a laundromat. Does anyone know if we will have useable ironing boards?

We never had usable ironing boards before in the Sims.
    I would love them tho:)

• Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Not caring about that.
    Have to agree want laundry room with working washer and dryer love building laundry room

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I don't care about not having it, I just wish they had included a bowling alley lot type for Bowling night stuff.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Not caring about that.
    Have to agree want laundry room with working washer and dryer love building laundry room

Agree

Two styles would be nice to
    1. Modern
    2. Classic

Washer
    Driver
    Basket
    Laundry shoute
    Washing line
    Decor like

Washing powder
    Softeners
    Driver sheets
    Etc...

When I use to build and create rooms in the sims 3 ambitions. Laundry rooms were a favorite.

• Options
    Every home should have laundry items.

• Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    I wouldn’t bother going to the laundromat anyway, it would probably be an all day affair.
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Laundry is just another chore you have to do:do you want to do laundry?(sorry i write in a diffrent alphabet sometimes)if you dont the sims dont too?most people dont want to do laundry ?I really dont care about it cause its just another chore that your sims bladder will explode or then faint cause of sleeplessness?!