Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What year do you expect Sim 5 will make an apperance?

Comments

• madampolarpopmadampolarpop Posts: 31 Member
    As much as it hurts to say this, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was no Sims 5. But, I'm going to remain hopeful. New technology comes out every year and with new technology that means new aspects of gaming. I believe the game will be here, if not 2020, then 2025ish.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Around 2020 maybe? Would be a good 20th anniversary for The Sims if TS5 turns out to be really good :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    They've already said they won't stop making content for Sims 4 until it stops making sense to add anything else.

In other words, until we stop paying for it.

Basically this. Or until the engine can't handle anymore, which Sims 4 luckily was designed to last a while.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    You guys also have to keep in mind that people are tired of repurchasing the same game every few years and starting all over spending thousands.

I'm tired of it. I've done it for Sims 2, 3, and now 4.

This is likely my last iteration.
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    on the 420th day of the 69th month in 2666
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Basically this. Or until the engine can't handle anymore, which Sims 4 luckily was designed to last a while.

The engine is already crumbling under the weight if you own everything.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2017
    You guys also have to keep in mind that people are tired of repurchasing the same game every few years and starting all over spending thousands.

I've done it for so long that I doubt i'll ever stop honestly. The sims are just, apart of me :lol: . TS4 has though taught me to be cautious of what pack I buy and not buy though. I started with TS1 at such a young age that since then it's been a traditional cycle for me I guess.

But seriously if TS5 had:
    • height selector (doesn't have to be a slider, just a short sim and tall sim like the dogs)
    • Freeplay-like infants
    • all lifestages from the start
    • sectioned neighborhoods (if they don't wanna do open world, it would help with the loading screens)
    • a decent color wheel (it could be basic at this point :lol: )

I'd preorder it, like day one with no regrets :lol: . Now if TS4 could do this (heck even one of these things), I'd be head over heels <3. But I doubt it will. So TS5 I'm looking at you to step your game up a bit if your on the way :lol::wink:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

like perfectly crafted feta. . . no but seriously how is it exactly crumbling? sincere inquiry. I own everything but don't run into many issues.
    6riwm5.png
    like perfectly crafted feta. . . no but seriously how is it exactly crumbling? sincere inquiry. I own everything but don't run into many issues.

very few set ups avoid simulation lag. Even fewer people don't have the 8AM freeze, or game's refusal to pause. Most people that own City Living will also have the time bug of, when you drop from speed 4 to pause your time will go backwards by several hours. Or when you're in speed 4, your clock will stop displaying actual time passing.

All of this WILL get even worse in the future until the issue will not only rear its head on medium systems, but will hit the high-end and super high end as well.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    But it already has bugs they don't even fix (yes, like the others) and there are people who would love to play a new Sims game which has something for them to enjoy, if it's just a part.

10 years is too long... for me. :(

Yes I'd like to have another edition. Sims 4 doesn't do it for me and I haven''t played it for months. As for Sims 3, the look of the sims I can't get over. Therefore, I'm stuck with Sims 2 - but it is my favorite rendition. However, I'd like a game that's more updated than one made in 2004 ;;;
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited September 2017

Perhaps if it's new kind of gameplay for future renditions it may change your mind?
    Personally I never buy all expansions or packs etc...at most I may buy 3 or 4 additions to the game. As for me, I don't fall into the category of fans who spend a lot. I always get items when it's on sale too..
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

I own everything and my game still takes less than 10 seconds to load, all my clothes in cas load instantly, all my build and buy objects loaf instantly.

Now I own every expansion pack, a couple stuff, and a few store sets for Sims 3 and my load screens can take up to 5 mins and cas is a nightmare. I HATE spending time in cas in Sims 3 because of how laggy it is.

Bugs are not the same thing as an engine crumbling, not even close.
    edited September 2017

very few set ups avoid simulation lag. Even fewer people don't have the 8AM freeze, or game's refusal to pause. Most people that own City Living will also have the time bug of, when you drop from speed 4 to pause your time will go backwards by several hours. Or when you're in speed 4, your clock will stop displaying actual time passing.

All of this WILL get even worse in the future until the issue will not only rear its head on medium systems, but will hit the high-end and super high end as well.

Just going to reiterate that what you mention has nothing to do with the engine. Bugs are bugs and have nothing to do with the engine.

If it WAS an engine issue then mods couldn't fix it, which mods have fixed every issue you've brought up. Why it hasn't been patched I have no idea. All of those seem pretty minor to me though and definitely don't sign the engine falling.

Sims 3 also had issues with pausing, and had a freeze every couple of seconds in worlds with horrible routing like Isla Paradiso.

Sims 4 is amazing at being designed to protect against bloating because even with all the dlc, for the most part load times are the same, and there isn't any more lag besides the bugs you've mentioned.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I know I already commented on this thread and said 2020, but what I really wish for is a game that will really use the technology available and by 2020 who knows what that will be for PC, but I'd be excited to find out.

I'm learning to accept that TS4 isn't the game for me and that feels weird because I've never skipped an iteration, but hopefully, if they raise the specs and make a stellar base game than I'd have no qualms about buying and everything again. I know there are many who don't agree with pushing the specs higher and using the technology, but then, they always have TS4, which was supposedly aimed at lower-spec computers. How 'bout making one for people that do want to see those boundaries pushed?

I also wish that maybe EA would take a page out of CC creators' book...they've got such amazing ideas!

Btw @Dreamie209 - love your avi and siggy!
    edited September 2017
    Just going to reiterate that what you mention has nothing to do with the engine. Bugs are bugs and have nothing to do with the engine.

If it WAS an engine issue then mods couldn't fix it, which mods have fixed every issue you've brought up. Why it hasn't been patched I have no idea. All of those seem pretty minor to me though and definitely don't sign the engine falling.

All the mod does is cancels the actions that take too long and significantly lowers any possible autonomy. In reality the actions are piling up, as the engine can not keep up. The longer the game goes on for, the bigger the pile up in the queue, the bigger the delay. This affects not only the sims that you control (which is the only ones that mod can tweak), but the whole of The Sims 4 world, as part of that queue that a game has to get through every sim day is purging and generating new NPCs. It's true save file decay, as you can slow it, but you can not stop it.

And I think the reason it did not get patched it is because it has everything to do with the engine. The mod essentially adds a plaster on that leaking crack in the wall. What you really want to do is cement the crack.

Sims 3 also had issues with pausing, and had a freeze every couple of seconds in worlds with horrible routing like Isla Paradiso.

The biggest issues with The Sims 3 was routing and script errors. It was very nice for modders to address this as EA did not (and if modders did not, we would have a completely unplayable game). Now we have a patched up game here and there that is once again crumbling under its own weight. One reason why they once again had to discontinue, instead of just adding more and more expansions.
    Sims 4 is amazing at being designed to protect against bloating because even with all the dlc, for the most part load times are the same, and there isn't any more lag besides the bugs you've mentioned.

The Sims 4 load times bloat severely over time. Really I've reached the same playability level 3 years in that The Sims 3 was at at the end of its lifespan. The longer you play a save, the longer it will take to load, load times going from 10 seconds to good 2 minutes and more.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Btw @Dreamie209 - love your avi and siggy!

Aww ty so much! <3

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    https://simsvip.com/2017/09/03/pax-west-simgurudrake-talks-managing-sims-community/

not the same as saying that the engine is crumbling, but simguruDrake outright admitted that the game has many limitations.
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2017
    https://simsvip.com/2017/09/03/pax-west-simgurudrake-talks-managing-sims-community/

not the same as saying that the engine is crumbling, but simguruDrake outright admitted that the game has many limitations.

UMM what is this? She said The Sims was targeted at teenage girls? Is this why they are transforming the sims into Happyville where nothing bad happens? And she basically confirmed the endless limitations are because of budget. But I thought The Sims was one of the best selling pc game of all time?

Edit: @Erpe I think you'll find this interview interesting. She admits what you've been trying to prove this entire forum, directly from the source. around 25:00
    Post edited by Crueltivity on

UMM what is this? She said The Sims was targeted at teenage girls? Is this why they are transforming the sims into Happyville where nothing bad happens? And she basically confirmed the endless limitations are because of budget. But I thought The Sims was one of the best selling pc game of all time?

Edit: @Erpe I think you'll find this interview interesting. She admits what you've been trying to prove this entire forum, directly from the source. around 25:00

Oh boy... Was waiting for someone to get all hurt about this.

The Sims has ALWAYS been targeted towards teenage girls because that is their biggest demographic. Remember Katy Perry pack?

Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it if them not a teenage girl.
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

I've done it for so long that I doubt i'll ever stop honestly. The sims are just, apart of me :lol: . TS4 has though taught me to be cautious of what pack I buy and not buy though. I started with TS1 at such a young age that since then it's been a traditional cycle for me I guess.

But seriously if TS5 had:
    • height selector (doesn't have to be a slider, just a short sim and tall sim like the dogs)
    • Freeplay-like infants
    • all lifestages from the start
    • sectioned neighborhoods (if they don't wanna do open world, it would help with the loading screens)
    • a decent color wheel (it could be basic at this point :lol: )

I'd preorder it, like day one with no regrets :lol: . Now if TS4 could do this (heck even one of these things), I'd be head over heels <3. But I doubt it will. So TS5 I'm looking at you to step your game up a bit if your on the way :lol::wink:

All of those sound wonderful, although I don't care for a height selector.

It'd be nice, but even two heights would be a nightmare and would take up sooo much resources.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Yes, she said what should always have been obvious and especially for TS4 which clearly wasn't an attempt to improve TS3 into a better and more advanced game like EA of course would have done if TS4 mainly was targeted at the same simmers who already played TS3. So why wasn't it? The only reason I could imagine was that it was targeted mainly at new simmers. This suits the idea of making TS4 into a simpler game with more autonomous and funny behavior of the sims which is exactly what EA did. The idea was later further developed for toddlers and now soon also for cats and dogs.

So EA must believe that the group of new simmers is the main group of customers. Otherwise EA of course wouldn't have dreamt of abandoning all the TS3 simmers in this way.

That the game is more played by girls than most other games isn't a surprise. But even so I am not sure if the idea of mainly targeting the youngest teen girls was there already for the Sims 1 basegame because it was made as a sidegame to the SimCity game which targeted a much broader group of gamers. But even so it was the young teen girls who especially loved the game and made it into such a huge success. This group of young teen girls now seem to be so dominating as the main group of customers that EA now openly admits to target it much more than the simmers who played the previous game.

So if we go back to the main subject of this thread and look at the following:
    TS1 was released in 2000.
    TS2 was released in 2004.
    TS3 was released in 2009.
    TS4 was released in 2014.
    Then we see a clear pattern. TS1 only had a lifetime of 4 yrs and obviously because it was the first game and only planned to be a smaller sidegame to the SimCity series. It was made for a very small budget and had very primitive and outdated graphics and all the EPs hadn't been planned and gave many technical problems. But apart from this EA has always released a new basegame after 5 yrs. Why? I think that most likely the reason is that EA then want to target the next generation of young "teen girls" and give them a new basegame that doesn't have so many expansions already that they never will be able to get them all.

So my prediction is of course that TS5 will be released in 2019. TS3 was released in June 2009 and TS4 in September 2014. Both TS2, TS3 and TS4 were announced 15 months before their release and they all had a lifetime of almost precisely 5 yrs. So as I see it TS5 will most likely be announced in the middle of 2018 and released in the second half of 2019.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

"Fewer people don't have the 8 am freeze". I literally have 0 issues and my game is smooth as butter, as long as i steer clear of san myshuno, that place is a nightmare. Of course a lot of people have the "8 am bug" because this is their official forum and here's where people come looking for help. Now I might be wrong on this, but I think the better the pc, the less of these kinds of issues. Other bugs don't discriminate against certain pcs more than others ( like that musical chair nonsense). Im really just guessing at this point and I'll be the first to admit it, but I haven't really seen people with gaming pcs being struck too hard by this :shrugs:
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    Amiutza wrote: »
    "Fewer people don't have the 8 am freeze". I literally have 0 issues and my game is smooth as butter, as long as i steer clear of san myshuno, that place is a nightmare. Of course a lot of people have the "8 am bug" because this is their official forum and here's where people come looking for help. Now I might be wrong on this, but I think the better the pc, the less of these kinds of issues. Other bugs don't discriminate against certain pcs more than others ( like that musical chair nonsense). Im really just guessing at this point and I'll be the first to admit it, but I haven't really seen people with gaming pcs being struck too hard by this :shrugs:

recent reddit thread came to the opposite conclusion. It's mostly specific mid to high end range getting hit by this. On the official EA bug report forums the thread so far is 16 pages long and whenever a developer does come out, they ask for a video and a diaxdiag. Just like with The Sims 3 time freeze they believe that it is a multitute of very different things that cause this specific issue.

I did not say that everyone is affected by the way. If you're lucky and you're not affected, good for you! Unfortunately if you're unlucky and you ARE affected, you can't even guarantee that buying specific hardware will fix this, especially with hardware requirements changing with The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. Curently if you have a laptop with an integrated GPU and are running the game on a 32bit system in 32bit mode for example, you're practically guaranteed not to have any simulation issues, however this will be impossibly once Cats and Dogs are out. Hopefully when everyone is forced onto a 64bit system, the solution might come faster, as more people will be experiencing the issue.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Designed to take lots of DLC? Come on. This game isn't even prepared to handle sims' relationships. They literally had to secretly patch in culling and relationship decay. They didn't even inform the community about including those features. If that wasn't an act of pure desperation then I don't know what it was. I doubt my custom gaming PC I spent thousands on is to blame for anything here when it can handle much more demanding games with no trace of lag.

I give this game 2 more years before they drop a new one on us. Or don't. EA just killed off Mass Effect so at this point anything is possible.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think it's coming, I think it's been in development since 2015 at the latest, and I think we'll be seeing it before 2021.
    Now personally, I hope it will go in a radically different direction than TS4. Less "weird stories", less dated cartoon graphics, less arbitrary restrictions and omissions, and less pandering to tweenage girls.
    Let's go back to TS2/3 as much as possible, because a great many people are very unhappy about TS4.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO