Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this mod any good?

LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
Hello there!
Sorry if this is in the wrong place :#

I am sick of my sims playing musical chairs and group conversations popping up over and over.... So I googled 'Musical chairs fix sims 4' and it gave me this site with this mod

ShimrodLessMusicalChairsNoGroupChat_V4.zip 1.9 KB 4,264 5th Jul 2016

I wanted to know if this mod was safe? I downloaded it, unzipped it and put it in my mods folder, is it really that simple? And does it work? I did not even sign in to that site....just downloaded it.

Anyways I wanted to check with more experienced modders before I revved up my game!

Thanks for any info~

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    MTS is pretty darn reliable! So I wouldn't fret. I use gameplay mods off of there myself though not that one specifically. However, it may not be working with the current patch. Seems like the creator has been MIA. Someone commented with their own updated version here: link so maybe give that a go and see if it works.
    6riwm5.png
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @littlemissgogo Thank you so much! :)
  • venomistressvenomistress Posts: 66 Member
    I have never tried that mod, but I have used others by that creator. They have all preformed well in my experience.
    It works exactly the way it should!~ :)
    BUMP! Does anyone know if there is an updated version after this months patch? Thanks!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @Tixyen Are you having a particular problem we can help with? If you need updates on this particular Mod, you might want to follow the chat referenced above by @littlemissgogo.

As of my answering this post, there are no problems reported at the chat. Please remember that Maxis will disable all mods so that the patch can be applied. After applying the patch, you will need to go into your game and re-enable Mods, exit, and re-open the game for them to work.
    @Bananas_45

Oh thanks see it is just me not understanding! I thought after each months updates (patches) you must erase all your current mods and get new ones.

But this is not the case?

Sorry, new at this type of thing!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    No problem @Tixyen. It's confusing the first time (or two) you update. You don't need to replace your mods, just re-enable them. Should a major problem happen where an update does break mods, someone from the forum will start a thread listing the broken mods with updates when they are fixed.

The Mods Bugs & Issues section is a great place to check for that kind of information:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mods-bugs-issues

If you have any specific problem's post your issues there! Welcome to the Sims!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I use that mod, it helps.But they still do it on an occassion.So its not 100% out of the game.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    @Bananas_45

Oh thanks see it is just me not understanding! I thought after each months updates (patches) you must erase all your current mods and get new ones.

But this is not the case?

Sorry, new at this type of thing!

You don't have to replace all the mods, just check to see if there are updates or if the creator has checked the code and found nothing to be fixed. Most tuning mods will be fine after a patch unless Maxis has altered the code that affects that mod -- for example if they change the code that corrects group chat. In my game I have a Test Save setup (it's also where I do most of my building experiments) where I can test mods just to make sure they're working in my game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)