Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't open

Hello, forgive me if this is in the wrong forum- But my game won't open.

I opened the game yesterday- It was working perfectly fine apart from some glitches I normally get with custom content and whatnot. Today I added a mod to my game (No Intro mod) I tried using it, The loading screen came up and the mod worked how it should've- except once the loading screens went away it just closed the game- I removed it from my game, tried to load it again, it didn't work, this time it just closed the game without showing any loading screens- I have also tried repairing my game and removing my mods folder, neither of which have worked.
Hopefully I can get some help?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @rosemow or @luthienrising can you help you further
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Hi! Try deleting the localthumbcache file. It may have stored info from the mod in it. You might also try seeing what happens if you pull your saves out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChewbaccaEllisonChewbaccaEllison Posts: 13 New Member
    Sometimes this happens to me, if you remove the mod and open the game it should come back on. Make sure that mods are enabled in your game before putting the mod back on :)
  • SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    @luthienrising Thank you!! I removed the file and my game works now- I have yet to see if I can use mods again, but i'll check that shortly!
    @ChewbaccaEllison I did remove all my mods- including the one I downloaded before starting up the game and having the problem. It's been fixed though- Thanks anyway :)
  • ChewbaccaEllisonChewbaccaEllison Posts: 13 New Member
    > @SonjaCopeland said:
    > @luthienrising Thank you!! I removed the file and my game works now- I have yet to see if I can use mods again, but i'll check that shortly!
    > @ChewbaccaEllison I did remove all my mods- including the one I downloaded before starting up the game and having the problem. It's been fixed though- Thanks anyway :)

No problem! :)
  • emmasims26emmasims26 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi I've been having the same problem but the whole game won't open up completely it just says application not responding and I think its because of my mods and I've tried everything but it still won't work. I've even taken my mods out but I don't know what else to do
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    emmasims26 wrote: »
    hi I've been having the same problem but the whole game won't open up completely it just says application not responding and I think its because of my mods and I've tried everything but it still won't work. I've even taken my mods out but I don't know what else to do

Hello @emmasims26
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the previous patch.
    Simmers have been posting that the road to fame and the extreme violence mods have been causing issues,so it would be best to remove them if you have them.
  • itzSuperSamitzSuperSam Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SonjaCopeland said:
    > Hello, forgive me if this is in the wrong forum- But my game won't open.>
    > I opened the game yesterday- It was working perfectly fine apart from some glitches I normally get with custom content and whatnot. Today I added a mod to my game (No Intro mod) I tried using it, The loading screen came up and the mod worked how it should've- except once the loading screens went away it just closed the game- I removed it from my game, tried to load it again, it didn't work, this time it just closed the game without showing any loading screens- I have also tried repairing my game and removing my mods folder, neither of which have worked.
    > Hopefully I can get some help?
    >
    > Thanks :)

Hello. I have seemed to have had the same problem as you. Good to know I'm not the only one :o
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    > @SonjaCopeland said:
    > Hello, forgive me if this is in the wrong forum- But my game won't open.>
    > I opened the game yesterday- It was working perfectly fine apart from some glitches I normally get with custom content and whatnot. Today I added a mod to my game (No Intro mod) I tried using it, The loading screen came up and the mod worked how it should've- except once the loading screens went away it just closed the game- I removed it from my game, tried to load it again, it didn't work, this time it just closed the game without showing any loading screens- I have also tried repairing my game and removing my mods folder, neither of which have worked.
    > Hopefully I can get some help?
    >
    > Thanks :)

Hello. I have seemed to have had the same problem as you. Good to know I'm not the only one :o

Hello @itzSuperSam
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issue remains after moving the mods folder to the desktop and clearing the cache files, try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
    To start the game in windowed mode, go to game library and right click the sims 4 picture. Click “ game properties”. Click “advanced launch options “. Then put
    -w in the “ command line arguments” box.
    Test to see if that helps.