Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lag Specifically in CAS

Hi. So ever since I've installed cc into my game, CAS has been a really frustrating process for me. When I start up CAS, I usually remove all the clothes from my sim, so I can start off on a clean slate. Everything's running very fast, smooth body adjustments. However, when I put on certain pieces of cc, everything goes haywire. When I adjust my sim's body with cc on, it's very glitchy and slow (like altering the thighs, waist, face, anything) to the point where I never make new sims because it takes forever to get them the way I'd like. However, very few pieces of cc allow CAS to run better, and they're maxis match pieces. I'm alright with maxis match, but I've always preferred more realistic looking clothing and hair. I only download cc from well known tumblr pages that I know I can trust, and only featured artists on TSR. I've also recently installed City Living a couple days ago (which is the only EP I own) but I don't think that's affected it because the CAS glitches have been persisting for 3 weeks now; the time I started getting into a lot of cc. Loading times aren't a problem for me. Anything other than CAS, like gameplay and such, works perfectly other than occasional lag which I don't mind. I clear my cache every time I can. At this point, I don't know what to do since I've searched everywhere for an answer. I'm so sorry if the answer is obvious, because if so I must be blind. I play the sims 4 on a macOS Sierra, Version 10.12.6 if that matters. If there's any other information you need to help me out, please let me know. Thanks :smile:

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    What Mac do you have? It sounds like it is struggling to render the CC. The Maxis match CC is fine because it is low poly where as the more realistic stuff you like is higher detail and most probably high poly. Lowering your graphics settings may help but if your Mac has integrated Intel graphics, or it's an older Mac with NVIDIA/AMD graphics with 512mb or less, there's nothing you can do to make them more powerful.
    apple-signature.png
  • ClaudiaReisClaudiaReis Posts: 66 Member
    I have my graphic settings on the lowest they could possibly go, except for my sims, which I have on high because I can't stand them on anything lower than that. Here are my specs: http://imgur.com/VSAhzfJ
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    MacBook Airs are great but not designed for any form of gaming as they have low end processors and integrated graphics. Your CC is simply demanding too much from your Mac and your Mac doesn't have the resources to give. Sorry but there is nothing you can do to improve it apart from lower the graphics settings on your Sims and/or make sure the CC is low poly.
    apple-signature.png
  • ClaudiaReisClaudiaReis Posts: 66 Member
    Ok, thanks.