Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler Stuff

So, what's everyone think about this pack? Ball pit? Play dates? New grills?
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2017
    Overall, I think it was pretty meh. I love the CAS, the toddler slide and the pillow seats but I don't personally have much interest in the rest of the pack. I'm not going to even go into a discussion about that ballpit :D (although to be fair, when I played with it in my own game it wasn't as bad as I imagined).

What did you think of it? :)

Edit: I did have quite a lot of fun editing the parks to be more toddler friendly. I even built one myself yesterday on the 50x40 lot in Newcrest. I'm quite happy with the outcome!
    Post edited by Callum2000 on
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2017
    This is the first time I've been back to the forums lol I've been busy working on a lot of new family-friendly buildings <3. All of yesterday and mostly today I haven't stopped decorating :lol: . Personally It's a cute little addition to me. and It'll definitely hold me over till the next game pack since I'm not sure if i'm getting pets yet.

Personally, I think it sorta comes down to what you enjoy doing in your game. I have a bunch of generations, so toddlers are always an age I have to go through and the clothes are a lovely addition. the play tunnel and slide are great for parks or play places. I think the only thing I'm a little sad about is that the playdates can't be at hangouts (I made a building just for it. But I'll probably find a mod for that part lol.

The Playdates are pretty funny though, I could imagine most thinking "omg 7 toddlers in one park?! ARRGH" lmao :lol: . But as long as you have a:
    • A cooler wagon on the lot
    • Make a few hot dogs/burgers on the grill ( put the one in the pack in :smile: ).
    • put a potty on the lot
    It's a pretty stable party. Plus it's nice to see the toddlers make new friends while their parents relax and share tips as well.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm gonna copy/paste what I said in another thread since the questions are similar. I think the pack is fairly decent and allows for more varied parks that are also now more friendly to toddlers, children, and families in general. also all the floral jumpers are super cute. end paste! if families are your thing and toddlers more specifically, I think you'll like the pack. doubly so if the idea of playdates and park outings with the little ones appeal to you. I actually like the park-style decor. you can definitely whip up some adorable toddler parks or, if you rather, download adorable parks for your tots courtesy of the gallery. overall, I don't regret buying it.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    "Meh" is an excellent word to describe it.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm happy with most of the objects, but I'm questioning the thought process with a few of them. Overall I guess it's an alright pack.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    It's alright pack.
    I'm not gonna use it that much tho since I don't really like toddlers(too much work).
    I still got it tho because I get every pack that comes out lol.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I still cannot get my toddlers to interact by clicking on them :disappointed: but I am loving the pack overall and the animations for toddler imagination are very adorable.
  • Options
    whatacatchdwhatacatchd Posts: 16 Member
    I'm happy that my toddlers actually have something to do when going to public lots with the family (restaurants, parks, etc), but I do agree that overall the pack is very "meh".
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    It's "meh" like everyone else has said. I'm really disappointed in it though. I'm seriously thinking about not getting pets, I don't like all the restrictions, at least till I see more about it.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I like it. The animations are seriously cute and it adds some nice gameplay and a reason for our tots to go outside.
    I do find the hairs disappointing though, mostly because of the clips and bows.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    I currently have three toddlers (not triplets) in my game. I belayed aging the eldest one up to child, so that I can get a feel for having a few toddlers 'play' together. I admit the graphics on the ball pit could be so much better than what they are, but I do enjoy having the tots play in it anyway. It's almost like a pool, in respect to the animations. But, it's fun to have the wee ones have activities they can do out in the yard. I haven't attempted to do an actual 'play date'. Spent MOST of my gaming time hunting up the new stuff. LOL I get so lost sometimes. And if you don't know the actual name of the said object, it's hard to find it under 'search'.

So far, so good. I LOVE the new hairstyles. Having two of the toddler girls with the very same hair color (born in game) makes it very hard to immediately tell them apart. I even mimicked the growth of a child by having the youngest one with very short hair. But, once I deemed it time for her to have longer hair, I ran into trouble. Getting this pack solved it. The youngest toddler is a boy. I got the impression from another simmer that there weren't really too many items of clothing for the boys. I found some really cute stuff for my little guy. I guess, it's purely subjective, though. What I like may differ from the rest of you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Spent MOST of my gaming time hunting up the new stuff. LOL I get so lost sometimes. And if you don't know the actual name of the said object, it's hard to find it under 'search'.

You can filter stuff by packs, making it easier to find. Works for CAS stuff too :wink:
    uZ76lxI.png

• Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    Overall, I think it was pretty meh. I love the CAS, the toddler slide and the pillow seats but I don't personally have much interest in the rest of the pack. I'm not going to even go into a discussion about that ballpit :D (although to be fair, when I played with it in my own game it wasn't as bad as I imagined).

What did you think of it? :)

Edit: I did have quite a lot of fun editing the parks to be more toddler friendly. I even built one myself yesterday on the 50x40 lot in Newcrest. I'm quite happy with the outcome!

I think it came at a good time. I love playing cozy families during Autumn and Winter. I'm not really a Toddler player or children. I usually make my Sim-Self or play with one or two Young Adults or Adults. However, I love a lot of the objects in this Stuff Pack and had a good time renovating my parks too to make them more Toddler friendly.

71rbpi.png
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've been back to the forums lol I've been busy working on a lot of new family-friendly buildings <3. All of yesterday and mostly today I haven't stopped decorating :lol: . Personally It's a cute little addition to me. and It'll definitely hold me over till the next game pack since I'm not sure if i'm getting pets yet.

Personally, I think it sorta comes down to what you enjoy doing in your game. I have a bunch of generations, so toddlers are always an age I have to go through and the clothes are a lovely addition. the play tunnel and slide are great for parks or play places. I think the only thing I'm a little sad about is that the playdates can't be at hangouts (I made a building just for it. But I'll probably find a mod for that part lol.

The Playdates are pretty funny though, I could imagine most thinking "omg 7 toddlers in one park?! ARRGH" lmao :lol: . But as long as you have a:
    • Make a few hot dogs/burgers on the grill ( put the one in the pack in :smile: ).
    • put a potty on the lot
    It's a pretty stable party. Plus it's nice to see the toddlers make new friends while their parents relax and share tips as well.

Would love to see some of your buildings and possibly dl in the Gallery! Why iffy about The Sims Cats and Dogs?
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    It's alright pack.
    I'm not gonna use it that much tho since I don't really like toddlers(too much work).
    I still got it tho because I get every pack that comes out lol.

We're a lot alike. Lol. My OCD makes me buy every pack but I haven't had any complaints yet. The more objects in the game, the better (to me)!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    I currently have three toddlers (not triplets) in my game. I belayed aging the eldest one up to child, so that I can get a feel for having a few toddlers 'play' together. I admit the graphics on the ball pit could be so much better than what they are, but I do enjoy having the tots play in it anyway. It's almost like a pool, in respect to the animations. But, it's fun to have the wee ones have activities they can do out in the yard. I haven't attempted to do an actual 'play date'. Spent MOST of my gaming time hunting up the new stuff. LOL I get so lost sometimes. And if you don't know the actual name of the said object, it's hard to find it under 'search'.

So far, so good. I LOVE the new hairstyles. Having two of the toddler girls with the very same hair color (born in game) makes it very hard to immediately tell them apart. I even mimicked the growth of a child by having the youngest one with very short hair. But, once I deemed it time for her to have longer hair, I ran into trouble. Getting this pack solved it. The youngest toddler is a boy. I got the impression from another simmer that there weren't really too many items of clothing for the boys. I found some really cute stuff for my little guy. I guess, it's purely subjective, though. What I like may differ from the rest of you.

Would love to see some Toddler Boys clothes you decided on!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Spent MOST of my gaming time hunting up the new stuff. LOL I get so lost sometimes. And if you don't know the actual name of the said object, it's hard to find it under 'search'.

You can filter stuff by packs, making it easier to find. Works for CAS stuff too :wink:
    uZ76lxI.png

This is the best way for me to find stuff when new packs come out to make sure I don't miss anything!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for all your comments! They were so interesting and fun to read! Feel free to add any pics associated to the thread if you want! Happy Simming!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    So far it's pretty cute.

Still not a fan of the ball pit but it's not too bad when you run it on low and medium graphics.
    36775535281_7c3f3b264b_b.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

• put a potty on the lot

Would love to see some of your buildings and possibly dl in the Gallery! Why iffy about The Sims Cats and Dogs?

Aw sure :blush: ! my ID is SuperPinkDream, one of the parks Imagination Park (finally got around to uploading it today lol) and another is Cutie Pigs which has a few optional cc, most are recolors of stuff that are already in the game and some kid stickers lol.

As for Cats & Dogs, I guess i'm just looking for something that interest me in the pack. It's nothing against C&D, I just have a record of..well getting the pack, making one pet for a family, and then never really getting another lol. I'm not really sure why though, but that's the habit. Usually I utilize the other stuff that's in the pack (like the clothes, hair, furniture, interactions, and in TS3's case: the world), so i'm waiting and collecting information in debating if the pack is best for me personally, I just don't wanna waste $40 and I don't use anything. Yeaah I'm trying to be cautious this go around :lol: .

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I am not much into todlers, they are such big work. But with this stuff pack I am more inclined to play them. The girls have so many cute things to wear and nice haircuts. The boys have less but still cute things. I do not like their new haircut though. The objects are colorfull an cute, and fun. But I have a few questions. Have you been able to Play make believe with the tunnel objects alone? In my game I can only do it when the 3 objects are together in one (tunnels, ball pit, and slide). Also when my sims family when to the park with their todler and two others, the todler of the played family, upon arriving at the venu was sent to daycare. I made him come back. He stayed a little, but was again sent to daycare.

And last question : do your Sims use the new picnic tables. Mine will if they are the only one on site. But if they are others they will preferably put the food on those others, even if they are very far away.
  • Options
    Lavender_Milk1Lavender_Milk1 Posts: 40 Member
    i feel like stuff packs are more focused on the females, the same thing with cc. there isn't as much male clothing as female clothing.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    i feel like stuff packs are more focused on the females, the same thing with cc. there isn't as much male clothing as female clothing.

I feel this too - I wish there were stuff packs for our stuff packs that consisted of just CAS items for the gender/life stage/life state of our choosing. It was a little shocking to see the amount of (or lack thereof) male toddler hairs in comparison to the amount we got for our little sim girls. I think there's a stereotype that it's mostly females who play sims but I've found that isn't at all true. I know a lot of males who would be happier to have more content in game that they can identify with.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I think I'd like a Man Cave Stuff Pack. Male hairs, male clothing, finished basement type decorations, etc. Maybe a Llamaball sports night event or something.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    edited September 2017
    Can anyone who has gone to a park with todlers ( NOT during a social event) tel me if their active todler is sent to the daycare center when they arrive on the venue?