Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get rid of this mobile site right now.

frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
edited August 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
This mobile version of the forums is horrible. I can barely navigate now, it's hard to even find the post button, the UI is terrible, and the text box fills the entire screen when typing, so you can't see the context of your posts.

I don't know when this was added in, but it was a bad decision.

UPDATE: Also am unable to see latest activity in a subforum. This was poorly designed, and worse, completely unneccesary. At least we've not been thrown out of the site again.

UPDATE 2: Oh good, you can disable it. Still requires a lot of improvement, though.

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I never use the mobile site and stick with the PC version and that is the same on my IPad which I am using now.

I actually avoid mobile sites as much as possible anywhere. I just like one view and one view only and if it works on a PC then it should still be able to work on a mobile site
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2017
    frostpot wrote: »
    This mobile version of the forums is horrible. I can barely navigate now, it's hard to even find the post button, the UI is terrible, and the text box fills the entire screen when typing, so you can't see the context of your posts.

UPDATE: Also am unable to see latest activity in a subforum. This was poorly designed, and worse, completely unneccesary. At least we've not been thrown out of the site again.

UPDATE 2: Oh good, you can disable it. Still requires a lot of improvement, though.

No Please No. I use the mobile version on my phone. The Full Site doesn't work well on phones. You can't read the whole topic thread in the forums. You can switch to the full site on your phone. I'm not having any issues on the mobile version. I have noticed some bugs on the full site though.
  • frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
    No Please No. I use the mobile version on my phone. The Full Site doesn't work well on phones. You can't read the whole topic thread in the forums. You can switch to the full site on your phone. I'm not having any issues on the mobile version. I have noticed some bugs on the full site though.
    I get that, but the execution of the mobile site was terrible.
  • Moderator_PierceModerator_Pierce Posts: 142 Member
    The idea of a mobile version of the website for cellphones is good, but the execution does lack in some points, e.g. it es quite difficult to make out in which threads there are new posts.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    frostpot wrote: »

The full site works well for me
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I feel like they completely screwed up the mobile version of these forums.
    The links just dont make sense.
    So okay, I can click the sims 4. Then, for example, there's sim guru grahams corner, that is a link to discuss and disclaimer. But, underneath the "simgurugraham's corner" theres links for discuss and disclaimer. Why? Why are there all these header links that we don't need?
    Same with "pack discussions" that is a link, click it and it takes you to expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs links. But underneath "pack discussions" there are already links for ep, gp, and sp.
    The headers annoy me. Either make them bolded and not a link so, one, we can differentiate the different sections and two not have a jumbled forum. Or take away the sub categories so you have to click "pack discussions" to see expansions and such. I think thats how it used to be...
    Dont fix what's not broken. Sure im used to it now but its still not a smart format.