Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FULL LIST OF CAT AND DOG BREEDS IN THE SIMS 4 CATS AND DOGS!!

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    To quote EA,

"From dogs and cats to puppies and kittens, the new tools for customizing pets are so flexible and powerful, players can really create anything they can imagine."

So even though you can't get that purebred Tibetan Mastiff mucking up your house, you can probably construct something similar, just smaller. Great Danes are huge dogs too, so that's another compromise to make.

I think what looks like a Doberman could also be a Rottweiller (suggesting both can be crafted).
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    So pugs are confirmed??? YAY!!! I can make my furbabies!!! I love all kinds of dogs but after owning two pugs I think I will always be a pug person. Though I'm also partial to French Bulldogs and dachshunds.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I hope there's westies and border collies.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Any idea on cat breeds?
  • Options
    Roxygirl0987Roxygirl0987 Posts: 67 Member
    I will probably give my sim family a male poodle because it is the closest to what I have irl. His name is Toby and he is a mixed of maltese and poodle (maltipoo)

8 weeks old
    MNdSTP2t.jpg
    5 months old
    k22Xatnt.jpg
    5 yrs old
    ZgksVR0t.jpg

You can now cross breed your pets!! So hopefully your two breeds are included and you can cross breed! :D
  • Options
    I really want to have Tibetan Mastiffs in my game, but they're giant dogs and the gurus said something about it having to be in a certain size range.

Im sure they had them in the sims 3 but I could be wrong! I doubt they would take any of the old dogs away so hopefully they are in there!! If not we can edit chow chows or pyranees dogs to make them similar as these are confirmed!!
  • Options
    So happy about the Afghans and Huskies! Has anyone seen an Old English Sheepdog or a Collie?

Not yet!! I would love to see and English Sheepdog and Collie!!! I love that the Afghans and Huskys actually look like Afghans and Huskys!!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Hey what about Dalmatians? I think this is my favorite type of dog breed

I definitley think there will be dalmations and if not you could use another dogs template and add the spots yourself with the new Create A Pet tool!! Now that we can "Paint" our dogs we could make anything we want!! :D
  • Options
    Karlia wrote: »
    @luthienrising The dog with the bandana looked like a collie type to me but I'm unsure about that. I mean, I called the dog with the red vest a GSD when it was a husky so I kind of lost confidence in my dog breed identification skills!

That dog with the bandanna is an Australian Shepherd a type of working dog like collies :) Everyone makes mistakes!!!
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    So pugs are confirmed??? YAY!!! I can make my furbabies!!! I love all kinds of dogs but after owning two pugs I think I will always be a pug person. Though I'm also partial to French Bulldogs and dachshunds.

Pugs and French Bulldogs are my favourite breeds of small dogs!! hopefully dachshunds are in it!!
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I hope there's westies and border collies.

I love Border Collies so I hope so and Westies have gotten left out in the past so heres hoping!!
  • Options
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Any idea on cat breeds?

I will give it a go but I am not very good, I will add some I recognize to the list now! :)
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

I definitley think there will be dalmations and if not you could use another dogs template and add the spots yourself with the new Create A Pet tool!! Now that we can "Paint" our dogs we could make anything we want!! :D
    I can use blue eyes if I want, I always got many created European American sims with blue eyes. Male Barbie and Stone's pets both with have blue eyes, Stone's dog is a Cane Corso. With Roman's dog is the only dog who does not have blue eyes, instead it has red eyes like fire.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    These are not confirmed but I saw them in the trailer and Gamescon Announcement and recognize dog breeds very well!! :DD

First lot of Dogs from Trailer!!
    In order of appearance.

*Golden Retriever
    *Husky (possibly cross breed)
    *Springer Spaniel
    *Australian Shepherd
    *Afghan Hound
    *Siberian Husky
    *Malamute
    *English Mastiff
    *Foxhound - possibly not 100%
    * Ibizian Hound
    * Australian Cattle Dog
    * Irish Setter - possibly not 100%
    * Coonhound - also not 100%
    * Standard Poodle - thank you @shellbeme :)
    * Labradoodle
    * Doberman quite possibly??
    * French Bulldog
    * Cardigan Welsh Corgi
    * English plum Spaniel
    * Great Pyranees
    * Bloodhound
    * Fox
    * German Shepherd

Gamescon Dogs in order of appearance!!

* JiffPom AKA Pomeranian haha
    * Again - Golden Retriever
    * Boxer
    * Pug
    * Akita
    * Labrador
    * Again - German Shepherd
    * Beagle
    * Unknown but possible Spaniel :)
    * Finally again a Husky

Other Sources!

*Shih Tzu *With Rainbow Cat, Aussie Shepherd and Tuxedo Cat - Thanks to @Meggles
    * Chow Chow *Confirmed by SimGuru* - Thanks to @PotterheadSim
    * Yorkshire Terrier * Front Cover of the Expansion Pack Itself*
    * Boston Terrier * In picture below*

HELP! If you can tell me the names of the two dogs circled with question marks I would highly highly appreciate it as I just can't get my finger on them!! I was thinking the small brown one could be some sort of terrier but the other one to the right on a leash?????? Is that a Shih Tzu??? If it is what is the dog to the very right in the picture with the rainbow cat, aussie shepherd and tuxedo cat?? Thanks! ^_^

****** http://imgur.com/9J0IGRj ******

If you see some that I have missed let me know and I can add to the list!!
    I also know there are Raccoons but they are cats :)
    I hope I am fairly accurate haha I love dogs and am very passionate about them! Will be updating as I see more also :)
    PS! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF I HAVE MISTAKEN A BREED AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY OTHERS!!!!!
    Hairless Cats are now confirmed as well.
  • Options
    These are not confirmed but I saw them in the trailer and Gamescon Announcement and recognize dog breeds very well!! :DD

First lot of Dogs from Trailer!!
    In order of appearance.

*Golden Retriever
    *Husky (possibly cross breed)
    *Springer Spaniel
    *Australian Shepherd
    *Afghan Hound
    *Siberian Husky
    *Malamute
    *English Mastiff
    *Foxhound - possibly not 100%
    * Ibizian Hound
    * Australian Cattle Dog
    * Irish Setter - possibly not 100%
    * Coonhound - also not 100%
    * Standard Poodle - thank you @shellbeme :)
    * Labradoodle
    * Doberman quite possibly??
    * French Bulldog
    * Cardigan Welsh Corgi
    * English plum Spaniel
    * Great Pyranees
    * Bloodhound
    * Fox
    * German Shepherd

Gamescon Dogs in order of appearance!!

* JiffPom AKA Pomeranian haha
    * Again - Golden Retriever
    * Boxer
    * Pug
    * Akita
    * Labrador
    * Again - German Shepherd
    * Beagle
    * Unknown but possible Spaniel :)
    * Finally again a Husky

Other Sources!

*Shih Tzu *With Rainbow Cat, Aussie Shepherd and Tuxedo Cat - Thanks to @Meggles
    * Chow Chow *Confirmed by SimGuru* - Thanks to @PotterheadSim
    * Yorkshire Terrier * Front Cover of the Expansion Pack Itself*
    * Boston Terrier * In picture below*

HELP! If you can tell me the names of the two dogs circled with question marks I would highly highly appreciate it as I just can't get my finger on them!! I was thinking the small brown one could be some sort of terrier but the other one to the right on a leash?????? Is that a Shih Tzu??? If it is what is the dog to the very right in the picture with the rainbow cat, aussie shepherd and tuxedo cat?? Thanks! ^_^

****** http://imgur.com/9J0IGRj ******

If you see some that I have missed let me know and I can add to the list!!
    I also know there are Raccoons but they are cats :)
    I hope I am fairly accurate haha I love dogs and am very passionate about them! Will be updating as I see more also :)
    PS! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF I HAVE MISTAKEN A BREED AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY OTHERS!!!!!
    Hairless Cats are now confirmed as well.

Thanks Heaps! I sent you a message on your wall asking for a favor :P
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think those two mystery dogs you circled could be a miniature pinscher (the red one) and the other looks like a shih tzu or a mix. Perhaps llasa apso
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think those two mystery dogs you circled could be a miniature pinscher (the red one) and the other looks like a shih tzu or a mix. Perhaps llasa apso

I second these guesses! If not a min pin, the red dog might be some sort of terrier. The tail looks docked.

Also the hairless cats would be sphynxes I think. I know they confirmed scottish folds on twitter.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd also say Siamese are a guaranteed breed for cats as well. Trailer appears to feature maybe a bengal, himalayan, and a bob tailed cat that I would guess is either a manx or an american bobtail. harder to tell between cat breeds sometimes. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I am hopeful but not expecting Papillons to make it in. I assume their ears and tails would be too difficult to make look decent with the current art style of the game.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/35klj53lkj35.png?resize=1100x740

I may not be able to get their luxurious fur but I am sure I'll be able to create something less furry but just as adorable. <3
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options

I was thinking miniature pinscher too quite possibly!! Thanks for replying I now know I can add it in as 2 people have now said mini pinscher.
    And yes I was thinking that is more of a shih tzu or lhaso apso! I will add these 2 in :D
  • Options
    I'd also say Siamese are a guaranteed breed for cats as well. Trailer appears to feature maybe a bengal, himalayan, and a bob tailed cat that I would guess is either a manx or an american bobtail. harder to tell between cat breeds sometimes. . .

I agree, hence why I didnt really want to add cat breeds into my post to get peoples hopes up and then break their hearts because it wasnt actually that cat!! I literally only know like 4 breeds of cat - Bengal - Tabby - Manx and Maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :D hahahah I will add the ones you listed in as I am also certain they will have these!
  • Options
    I am hopeful but not expecting Papillons to make it in. I assume their ears and tails would be too difficult to make look decent with the current art style of the game.

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/35klj53lkj35.png?resize=1100x740

I may not be able to get their luxurious fur but I am sure I'll be able to create something less furry but just as adorable. <3

Ohhhh YES!! Papillons never make it into the game yet they are the most adorable little dogs!!! I hope they get in tooo!!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Also raccoons and foxes are included as animals we can make as pets.
  • Options
    Also raccoons and foxes are included as animals we can make as pets.

Thank you!! Will add those in too!!
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    @Roxygirl0987 , I'm guessing that question mark breed is Shiba Inu, we have this breed in S3; it's a notable breed dog in Japan.

shiba-inu_04_lg_zpstgx27szv.jpg[/URL]

The Sims Game