Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Please take general discussion of the pack to the lots and lots of other threads. Thanks :) And thanks in advance to everyone who helps source info! Thanks as well for keeping on topic here - this thread can move fast even on topic as marketing ramps up.

Index - You'll need this! Or click through to Page 4
Blog Post, Trailers, & Livestreams (this post)
Upcoming Events (this post)
Create-a-Pet (CAP)
Cat & Dog Traits etc.
Interactions With Pets
Pet Breeding and Lifecycle
Strays and Other Animals (Foxes & Raccoons!)
The Active Veterinarian Career (& Going to the Vet)
The World: Brindleton Bay
Build/Buy, including Interactive Objects
Premades & CAS
New Sim Traits, Skills, etc.
What’s Not Included & Why (Controllability Discussion is Here)

An Important Note about Twitter Requests
I’ve added Twitter posts from SimGuruGrant here but these are not from an official SimGuru account. Please don’t post questions to Grant at his personal Twitter account. You can ask those questions to the other SimGurus. Try @SimGuruJill or @SimGuruJM or @SimGuruDaniel or @SimGuruHouts.

Blog Posts, Trailers, & Livestreams

Announcement blog: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs is Coming this November!
Origin description: The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs
FAQ: Cats & Dogs FAQ
New minimum requirements: What are the minimum PC system requirements for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK7_78yy6iQ

Blog posts:
Controlling Your Cats & Dogs
What's your perfect pet?
Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet
Unique Personalities For Your Pets
Open Your Very Own Vet Clinic!
Explore The New World Of Brindleton Bay!
10 Things to Get Excited About

Quarterly teaser:

Trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=WcpH2_JWeG0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li-Fz06gdTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChf8vmBkHw

Interview! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VIyxGQBTYk

Upcoming Events
Creators Camp: early September
Livestreams: Multiple ones!

Beginning with...
Create-a-Pet Livestream: Thursday, Oct. 12, 11AM Pacific Daylight Time: available to rewatch at https://go.twitch.tv/thesims
Vet Career Livestream: Thursday, October 26
Live Mode and Brindleton Bay Livestream: Thursday, November 2, 11 a.m. California time

Game Launch: November 10
As with other EP releases, online release times are simultaneous, so the exact time depends on your location:

(P.S. Yes, there was another thread. It was inactive in terms of updates, so it got merged here. A few things might look confusing as a result.)
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks! Those trailers always get me hyped up, I hope it won't be as annoying sometimes with pets like it was in TS2 when we couldn't control them. But they do look great! Darn it, they always hook me with something...new world. lol Cute, sweet little dogs, friendly loveable big dogs, snobby cats, darn it, they get me every time they make a trailer to make me want stuff. lol ETA: and vet career, if they had left that out, I might not have been so tempted. Every time I swear I'm not buying they throw in stuff I'm starving to have..new worlds, new careers, and loveable pets. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    I like them not being playable! What he said about them being more spontaneous sounds good, I often even leave my sims alone to do whatever just because I like not being able to control everything, haha
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Also the obstacle course will return and you should add the blogpost!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hope this thread gets stickied.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I don't mind them not being playable. But I do hope they are -selectable-
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_4:_Cats_&_Dogs

Has some caps in the gallery, that shows some of the items!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    I don't mind them not being playable. But I do hope they are -selectable-

Same. That's the issue I have with butlers. I have a big house and I can't find the butlers anywhere. I hope the pets do show up in the bottom of the screen with the other household members.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Oh snap, we won't be able to control them?! Oh boy....yeah that is pretty realistic though lol. I'm not sure I'm crazy about that idea but we shall see! I am sad that the color wheel is only available for pets right now but hopefully that means they'll release an update that will make it available for other areas in CAS. I'm still excited no matter what though!
    The new world looks to die for too. Very Cape Cod/ Northeast of the US inspired coast line (perhaps even a little bit Seattle coast line inspired). I really really hope Seasons becomes the next EP cause this new town would look GORGEOUS with the changing of seasons. Yeah, I'm still pretty obsessed with Seasons being released, like weather is essential in my game play lol.
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    The new world looks to die for too. Very Cape Cod/ Northeast of the US inspired coast line (perhaps even a little bit Seattle coast line inspired). I really really hope Seasons becomes the next EP cause this new town would look GORGEOUS with the changing of seasons. Yeah, I'm still pretty obsessed with Seasons being released, like weather is essential in my game play lol.

I'm suspecting seasons is next, they seem like theyve been really focusing on bringing back favorites and requested stuff in the past year, with toddlers, vampires, parenthood and now pets
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    esfire wrote: »
    I'm suspecting seasons is next, they seem like theyve been really focusing on bringing back favorites and requested stuff in the past year, with toddlers, vampires, parenthood and now pets
    I noticed that, too. They probably saw that people like me had stopped playing the game for a good long while because they were so slow in bringing out gameplay we've been waiting on for the past two+ years. But now that they're bringing out a lot of content I'm interested in, I'm back to playing again. I am DEFINITELY getting this Cats and Dogs pack, and I just bought the Parenthood pack.

@esfire I sure hope so! It seems likely within the next couple EPs at least. I mean I won't be super mad if it isn't the very next one but like I need it in my game soon lol.
    Penelope wrote: »
    esfire wrote: »
    I noticed that, too. They probably saw that people like me had stopped playing the game for a good long while because they were so slow in bringing out gameplay we've been waiting on for the past two+ years. But now that they're bringing out a lot of content I'm interested in, I'm back to playing again. I am DEFINITELY getting this Cats and Dogs pack, and I just bought the Parenthood pack.

Yeah, I'm getting cats and dogs as well, I never had any interest in the pets expansions in the previous games but this one really looks interesting + I love the CAS + build mode items we've seen so far. I totally trust their decision to just do cats and dogs as their main animals because this has worked out really well in the past, the way they gave vampires a game pack on their own was fantastic because these vampires are the best we've ever had I feel so I'm so excited for the new EP
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, Game Packs tend to expland on gameplay quite a bit too - like Vampires and Parenthood did. We'll get one of those before our next Expansion after Cats and Dogs. But a Seasons-based thing is too big for Game Pack alone.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Exactly, Loanet. Seasons will definitely have to be an EP just for the fact so many animations and coding has to go into it. Only reason they'd have a GP for Seasons is if they weren't able to squeeze in an important game play factor and have to put it in later that way.
    I'm hoping we get seasons ep next year but im very hopeful for the coming game packs after this with the good trend we've had this year
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Brindleton Bay looks so nice! I want to move my sims there! <3
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    edited August 2017
    Agreed! I can just feel there is going to be some awesome GP's and SP's coming after this. Besides the ones we already know about at least.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    Agreed! I can just feel there is going to be some awesome GP's and SP's coming after this. Besides the ones we already know about at least.

I don't know if you noticed, but they are adding in puddles in existing worlds and there is a big puddle in the C&D trailer that shows a girl and dog playing and splashing in it. This makes me think that they are adding little bits of seasons here and there to prepare and make room in the EP for other stuff.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I'm so happy that everyone sims in my world will have a puppy. I hope I don't have to age my dog up because I want them to stay puppies. I am super excited and I can't wait to get this.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    @Dannydanbo Oh yeah! I kind of forgot about that. Yeah maybe it's a hint :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top