NOVEMBER 15 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Marrage=Unroutable?

Hello, been playing this one and I'm doing the quest The Witch Is Back. I chose to this with the romance/marriage path because "why not". I've reached the point where you're suppose to marry the witch or warlock (depending on what you chose). But every time I try my ruler gets the "no path" speech bubble and the game says the marriage can't occur.

Is this due to the ruler and Significant Other being the same gender, can you only get married in an actual building? I'd do so in a church, but neither one is religious. Or is it some other bug, and I'll just have to restart?
Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,190 Member
    I am about to try this quest out, so I will be back with an answer. Until then you can try to save the game, go out on main screen and back into the game. It helps sometimes.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 418 Member
    It's not the quest, specifically. It is marriage outside the church that is bugged. It seems the landscape is not flat enough for the priest to descend and marry the couple. Either you can keep clicking places for your Sim to move around and maybe find a flat spot or just go to church if you have one.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 913 Member
    ... You mean to tell me inside the castle isn't "Flat enough"?!
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 418 Member
    LOL!! Or there are too many people or there is not enough room where you are standing for the priest to descend from the Heavens. It is very buggy. I don't know exactly how many squares he takes up. He's sort of like the pile of presents for TS3 Christmas party. If you don't have enough room the whole party is broken.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,571 Member
    Hi @Faerie197 not sure if you're still having this issue, but it's a routing problem and has nothing to do with the gender (s) of the Sims getting married.

Either there are too many people/objects where the officiator is trying to spawn or the ground isn't flat.
    I will own the store on 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

img]
  • OdellOdell Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys I love sims 4 because,I had a ps but my sister took it so I'm sad and I have no ps I hope I get one and it will be a pleasure if you all can give me one and I hope you all have a blessed day
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 913 Member
    Odell wrote: »
    Hi guys I love sims 4 because,I had a ps but my sister took it so I'm sad and I have no ps I hope I get one and it will be a pleasure if you all can give me one and I hope you all have a blessed day

Uhm, what? It sounds like you're saying you love Sims 4 because you had a playstation but your sister took it, and now you are hoping we'll give you a playstation?

Two questions:

1. Why are you posting this in the Sims Medieval section and not the Sims 4 section?
    2. If I'm reading your comment correctly... Why would you expect complete strangers to give you a new playstation 4, which costs around $300?
    edited October 11
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Hello, been playing this one and I'm doing the quest The Witch Is Back. I chose to this with the romance/marriage path because "why not". I've reached the point where you're suppose to marry the witch or warlock (depending on what you chose). But every time I try my ruler gets the "no path" speech bubble and the game says the marriage can't occur.

Is this due to the ruler and Significant Other being the same gender, can you only get married in an actual building? I'd do so in a church, but neither one is religious. Or is it some other bug, and I'll just have to restart?

No, you can't only be married in an actual building, but it is more common to get unroutable messages if you choose outdoors or in a house with not too much room. Make sure that the couple's mood romantically is very high, and keep trying by moving your sim a bit. You will succeed at last. :wink:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 2,128 Member
    I just did a marriage quest, and had to queue the action to get married multiple times before it "took". I was doing the public celebration in the reception hall off the Throne Room, and about half the kingdom was crowded in there and it was hard for my Hero (the merchant, as it happens), his bride, and the celestial celebrant to all find space together.

Try calling your spouse to be over to where there is more open space, and try the interaction again if it hangs up. I did get my couple married eventually - and that put my kingdom at max Culture and max Knowledge for the ambition "Hearts & Minds" - now to use up my remaining quest points so the kingdom isn't left with Security and Wellbeing both at 3. :D But that was 2 more achievements, so, well done.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 27,500 Member
    edited October 22
    Getting married at all in TSM has some routing issues which they never fixed. I don't recall this quest (I don't think I played it, or it never came up) but then I don't have P&N in my game. And don't have Origin to play it. Way back a problem occured with getting married at all in the game ( the bride or groom would not show up or not on time or whatever and routing issues) long before the EP came out, so it's one of those things they never got around to fixing. Since then (years ago) I make sure to hold my weddings outdoors where there is more space and not too far away from where others can attend.

ETA: No it has nothing to do with the gender of the Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.

Well, you need to practice the marrying in TSM. I prefer them being married in the churches. A tip on how to do is to let the sim you play with be at least betrothed, then go to the church and use the messenger post to call the betrothed to the destination: The church. Welcome him or her with lots of kissing to make sure they are irresistible, and then ask them to get married at the church. It will succeed if the place in front of the speech "table" is empty.