Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Gameplay Screenshots (and it's worrying!)

2...Next

Comments

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    The fact they didn't even tweak the UI to make it more intuitive and easier to use on a console is honestly depressing.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    These were kindly sent to me earlier on twitter. I thought id add them for people to see.
    4YN3PNr.jpg
    lzWaNcE.jpg
    0Fs8hQ4.jpg

Kind of wish the randomise button was in the same place in the pc cas.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Simsfan99111
    I'm glad it's gone too, it was terrible, if you have a lot of objects closely, when you put the bar in one object you have to navigate through a sub-menu and select the specific object you want to interact, with the pointer you just select the object and interact with it.

The Sims 2 Pets had a pointer and this still happened. You have to remember, you'll be using your analogue stick as a mouse.

Think about how precise that is...it's not.
    @agustd wrote: »
    The fact they didn't even tweak the UI to make it more intuitive and easier to use on a console is honestly depressing.

100%. They're literally doing the bare minimum to get this to console. It's literally a PC experience adapted to a controller, not a PC experience rebuilt for console. And there's a huge difference.
  • antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    [quote="jackjack_k;c-16021895"][quote="@antonio26298;c-15998459"]@Simsfan99111
    I'm glad it's gone too, it was terrible, if you have a lot of objects closely, when you put the bar in one object you have to navigate through a sub-menu and select the specific object you want to interact, with the pointer you just select the object and interact with it.[/quote]

The Sims 2 Pets had a pointer and this still happened. You have to remember, you'll be using your analogue stick as a mouse.

Think about how precise that is...it's not. [/quote]

The sims 2 pets on console was released more than 10 years ago, now they can make the control more accurate and good
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I was hoping for the ring pointer. I know I can't really judge until I have played it but my mind is saying it is going to be a pain to select the right objects/buttons, especially the smaller ones :(
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Simsfan99111
    I'm glad it's gone too, it was terrible, if you have a lot of objects closely, when you put the bar in one object you have to navigate through a sub-menu and select the specific object you want to interact, with the pointer you just select the object and interact with it.

Think about how precise that is...it's not.

The sims 2 pets on console was released more than 10 years ago, now they can make the control more accurate and good

Not much has changed in game design in 10 years though. If it was a pain then, it's not going to be any easier now.
    plum, I was hoping for the ring pointer. I know I can't really judge until I have played it but my mind is saying it is going to be a pain to select the right objects/buttons, especially the smaller ones :(

It seems like there is a "quick select" thing with the mouse, but even then I'm not convinced.

They always take risks with the console games, when it's been confirmed the ring pointer is what brings the best reception, followed by direct control.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    These were kindly sent to me earlier on twitter. I thought id add them for people to see.
    4YN3PNr.jpg
    lzWaNcE.jpg
    0Fs8hQ4.jpg

Kind of wish the randomise button was in the same place in the pc cas.

Pics are a little bright. Maybe it's cause they were taking a picture of a ps4 screen but if in game I hope that's fixed before release.

• MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > This is Direct Control. Were not getting Direct. SimGuruDuke ruled that out. The light coming down is the direct control I'm talking about.

With any luck, they can Patch it if they get enough feedback (maybe; never saw any patches for Sims 3 and the pets version on either 360 or PS3).
    I'm more concerned with them not patching any issues on the console versions. The cursor may be annoying/aggravating, but not a big issue. Anything players aren't happy with are potentially fixable.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I don't mind tbh, the only thing is that I hope we get trophies/achievements on console for The Sims 4 and it's DLC.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.