Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSES: Can you use a female pose on a male (and vice versa)?

Okay, I know using poses for different ages is obviously wrong bc for example if you made an adult do a toddler pose, they would shrink down to toddler size and look *super* weird. However, I find when downloading poses in CAS that say they are for adult female: 1) they work on adult male too, 2) the male doesn't look deformed in any way when he does the 'female' pose. I tested a female pose I made for in game on a dude and I *think* he looked exactly the same as he normally does, too, and the pose worked on him - so are poses unisex? And does this work for group poses too, bc I saw couple poses where they said you couldn't use a gay couple in the pose bc they made the pose using one male rig and one female rig and I wanted to use the pose for a gay couple soo... But also I just selected a different female pose for the dude and his legs went flat and it was *super* weird so Idk.. Does anyone know? Is it dependant on the pose or..? Bc if it doesn't matter the gender of the posing person, I have been missing out on a *lot* of couple poses for my gay sims. ^^

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click

Comments

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    in my experience, some poses do distort a bit, but for the most part i have had no issue using female poses for male and male poses for female.
    i do this a lot because most couple poses are for straight couples, and i don't have many of those lmao.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Raven4SimsRaven4Sims Posts: 6 New Member
    ido too download pose for my cas i tought i wouldn't be able to use some for men but i was surprise tha rtmy female pose was actually there for my guys too. it must depend but for now it works