Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advertise the Sims - A2 due 28th

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2017
    I hope that was a kind of acknowledgement, that I did things right, @Movotti. At least we are on the same time line, which will be great! :)

• ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 Gorgeous! B)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    Thanks, @ArtsyAmy Hope they are alright.

edited August 2017
    What's happening with this comp, @Movotti? Come on people this will be a fun comp.

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Yeah come on peeps! Sorry, I had to evacuate Hurricane Harvey and I just got my internet back like 10 minutes ago x.x
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    I'm glad you are safe @Vanadis

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dear people, please enter this comp.
    It'd be nice if there was 6 or more people in it. :)

@Vanadis Good to know you didn't get swept away by the wild weather.

@Jendowoz0612 it should be fun... if more people enter it. :)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited September 2017
    SO Glad to hear your Safe @vanadis :):):)<3<3<3 Been Watching Closely With All My Family In Texas, Luckily I am From More Northern Part Of Texas Bordering Arkansas ........ Was So Shocked Seeing How BAD It Was!!!! :'(:'(

I Am Trying to make time for this @Movotti ;);)<3<3 Looks LIKE FUN!
    Thanks guys. And yeah Tonya, it was pretty bad. We're right where it made landfall just about and people were saying it was going to hit either Corpus or Houston. Well it decided it does what it wants and hit both. x.x Landfall just a few miles north of here, then it changed direction and went to Houston.

Good to know your family doesn't live in the affected area! I bet you're relieved. I mean I would be.

Soooo @Movotti how far outside game-looking CC can you go? Like can you have alpha hair or just clay hair? I'm okay with either. But I checked this class out and it's rather easy-going (oddly enough) so maybe I can join? Having everything in game makes it a lot easier I'd think to just get an ad done in an afternoon.

And it'd be my first time modeling with Sims 4. Ack! I'd have to get the pose player and stock up on some poses I guess. I could never get the pose player to work right though and those pose together statues are over my head LOL I'm not sure if I had an outdated version, or if it was just user error haha Or both, could have been both knowing how the updates break everything...
    I'm somewhere between
    @Vanadis
    use your own judgement on CC. If it looks too real, it may cause you to miss out on points. If it makes your sims look like HD sims, that's good. The aim of this comp is to try to have the image looking like they belong in the game.

It should be a good comp for those who are new to modeling, or just new to using ts4 for modeling.
    Most of the assignments should be easy to do as an in game shot.

The statues took me some time to figure out how to use. The first time I downloaded it, it wouldn't work, so I downloaded it again, and it worked. *Shrug*
    And some poses I've downloaded have vanished in the game.
    Thanks @Movotti! I think I'll stick with semi-Maxis Match then. I have a lot of clothes and objects that look like they belong, are in Simlish, that kinda thing. I just need to go find more clay-ish hairs. I gotta do a few school things this afternoon but hopefully this evening after dinner I can sit and go CC hunting.
    I'm somewhere between
    Added: application deadline, and the first assignment.
    edited September 2017
    What is the kitchen shots to do with the first assignment? I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying that one model advertises the sport's product and the other a kitchen? Needs a bit of clarification, thanks s the first assignment only mentions the sport's product unless I missed something, which is entirely possible it's getting too late for me to think straight. :)

I don't think the kitchen shots are part of the assignment. Looks like they're just examples of advertising in general because they're not even in the assignments tab.
    I'm somewhere between
    Thanks, @Vanadis now that you've said that. I think you are right.

So how does having two models work with this assignment @Movotti? Do I need to include both in the one shot, or do I just choose one of the two models I created to fit this assignment? How does it work having two models each assignment?

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Okay, am I the only one having loading issues for this thread? If I let it go to latest, I can't get it to load at all. If I do page 1 or 2, it still doesn't load at first but hitting refresh makes it load.
    It's so weird!
    @Vanadis You've got it.

@Jendowoz0612 You can use either, both or neither, they're just the models to represent your advertising agency. You can use anyone for the assignments.

@MizoreYukii Maybe this thread is running on aussie internet... super slow, and doesn't always load right the first time :p
  • InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    If and when my pc gets sorted I would like to join (if still taking models at that time) Also can I use Sims 3 as I don't play 4 at all ?? B)
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
    @InaMac69
    It should work for ts3, I don't think I have anything planned that would be specifically for ts4
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @InaMac69 Woo-woo! Yayyy!! <3

@MizoreYukii I hope it is working properly now for you.
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    edited September 2017
    Yayyyy so glad your joining @InaMac69 <3<3@MizoreYukii -- I do know BEECH Has issues all the time :/:/:#:# Hope You get it worked out and MISS YOU MIZ! <3<3@Movotti Will Work On My "Shots" My Laptop has been "WONKY" for a while now but I think I have it fixed with a "Restore" so getting all my programs back on luckily I got to save all my Files!!!!! <3<3 Plus RL has been super busy.......... Haven't Had Time to work on my own comp as I would Like..... HUGSSS
    @Movotti -- A Tad confused on what kind of CC We use...........Maxis Match Or? And with the hair and skin etc?
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    Aw, my first contest I ever hosted (over a billion years ago) was advertising!
    I'm not able to jump in to a competition just yet, but if you need another judge, I'd be interested :)
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA I'm personally going with semi-Maxis Match. I think some alpha hairs and stuff can look like they belong in game which is the aim I believe, but not too much. There are plenty of peeps on Tumblr that clay-ify alpha hairs and I've been downloading the heck out of those. I dunno about the rest though. I'm guessing just no CC that looks photoskinned (like a lot of jeans do for example.)
    I'm somewhere between
    Remember: You're not advertising real-world products, you're advertising what the game contains

Do we make the ad in-game or can we use other backgrounds? Or is either acceptable, @Movotti?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top