Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brindleton Bay

Comments

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I was really excited to see that beach house next to the lighthouse in the teaser trailer, but does anyone else think this window looks a bit dodgy? The texture on it is really low and you can't see inside. I seriously hope it isn't just a decorative house that's been staged to look liveable. :anguished:

22422084_530780723942393_2063032234339729408_n-64-470x313.jpg

I think the lighthouse, and the accompanying building next door is a shell. They said Sims could go to the top of the lighthouse I believe, but that’s probably the only floor of the lighthouse that exists. The opaque windows are a dead giveaway that it’s a decorative building like the ones littered everywhere else.

Well that's disappointing! Why waste that space with a useless shell when you could put a playable lot next to the lighthouse? Or even make a lighthouse using the new octagonal roofs!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I was really excited to see that beach house next to the lighthouse in the teaser trailer, but does anyone else think this window looks a bit dodgy? The texture on it is really low and you can't see inside. I seriously hope it isn't just a decorative house that's been staged to look liveable. :anguished:

I think the lighthouse, and the accompanying building next door is a shell. They said Sims could go to the top of the lighthouse I believe, but that’s probably the only floor of the lighthouse that exists. The opaque windows are a dead giveaway that it’s a decorative building like the ones littered everywhere else.

Well that's disappointing! Why waste that space with a useless shell when you could put a playable lot next to the lighthouse? Or even make a lighthouse using the new octagonal roofs!

Right!! Integrating lots into fake buildings was something I did not want to see again after their disasterous approach in CL.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Give me spiral stairs and I'll make my own lighthouse.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    So, they just confirmed in the stream Brindleton Bay has 4 neighborhoods: 3 full sized, and 1 special one with only 1 lot.

So, in other words, it's the same size as Windenburg and San Myshuno, which seems fine to me. So, quit the whining, it's getting old. Ridiculous

Windenburg is way bigger than San Muyshuno. SM is actually the smallest full world available for Sims 4, WB is the largest. Two different extremes and this world doesn’t sound like either.

And something many people keep glossing over: Brindleton Bay is currently set to be the smallest of the EP neighborhoods yet. (except Magnolia Promenade of course, but that's...something else)

It has 4 neighborhoods total while one is a park. All other pre-existing neighborhoods have 5 neighborhoods total with one being a park. Unless the neighborhoods tend to be as massive as Windenburg's, then this will be the smallest neighborhood yet for an EP neighborhood.

Why did you exclude Magnolia Promenade from your comparison? It's still a world even though it's just the one neighbourhood. So Brindleton Bay is only the second smallest EP world and no where near the overall smallest world compared to Magnolia Promenade, Forgotten Hollow, San Myshuno, or Newcrest all of which are under 15 lots in size.

Because what good does this do? We can all look at Magnolia Promenade and realize how small it is from one look. Being better than Magnolia Promenade proves nothing, as it was designed with retail in mind. That's like including Forgotten Hollow in the list: again pointless because that's a GP.

The other two, however, were designed to be new neighborhoods for us to fully play around in, and yes, Brindleton Bay will be the smallest of such neighborhoods since release.
    Nah, it will be the same size as Windenburg. Just expect more lots in each area. I reckon each area will be around the size of Old Town in Windenburg, which had 8 lots. I reckon will have 27 lots, like Windenburg. Maybe more.

@jackjack_k And you reckon this because....?

Ah yes, because you simply reckon it. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest this.

Thusfar our only evidence is a dev statement stating this has 4 neighborhoods and one is simply one singular lot. This confirms already that Brindleton Bay has the least neighborhoods of any EP neighborhood designed for residential living.

You claim we'll get 27 lots. Previously, the most lots in a singular neighborhood is 8 in Windenburg. To achieve 27 lots total, you are making the bold claim - based on zero evidence - that Brindleton Bay is going to smash the record for most lots in a single neighborhood and do so consistently, as achieving 27 lots would demand that at least two of it's three residential neighborhoods have 9 lots.

Tell me honestly: why do you repeatedly choose blind speculation that suggests things will FAR surpass standards of all previous packs instead of just looking at facts and evidence...? The chances you're correct are outrageously slim.

Let's hope BB isn't the smallest ep world or I'm going to be very disappointed.
  • Options

Just curious how do you think sims will get to the top? I wonder if they will just teleport or if there is a new elevator in this pack that will act like the city living elevators.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Right!! Integrating lots into fake buildings was something I did not want to see again after their disasterous approach in CL.

I thought that the whole purpose of making TS4 a closed world was so that, other than perhaps careers, we would constantly have a view of our Sims and interact with them in any building designed in the game.

However, they've gone back to adding shells and rabbit-hole events in the game which is very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of closing the world.
  • Options

Just curious how do you think sims will get to the top? I wonder if they will just teleport or if there is a new elevator in this pack that will act like the city living elevators.

Teleportation.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow are specialty lots. MP was meant to be a retail neighborhood, not a residential neighborhood. FH was a special vampire neighborhood meant for a few vampire households. Why people insist on comparing them to EP neighborhoods that are for residences is beyond me. Anything to make your point, I guess.

You could make it a residential area if you want -- I have it set up as my entertainment district personally, with a bar, a lounge, and a nightclub (thinking of putting a restaurant back as the 4th one; had it briefly as a karaoke club but changed my mind).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    anomalyanomaly Posts: 147 Member
    I was hoping you'd be able to access the inside of the lighthouse. Nevertheless, the world from the trailers so far looks wonderful.
    high functioning sociopath
  • Options
    anomaly wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd be able to access the inside of the lighthouse. Nevertheless, the world from the trailers so far looks wonderful.

Well you can go to the top.
  • Options
    I might be wrong but I thought I heard Grant say a map was coming Next Week during the last livestream.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I might be wrong but I thought I heard Grant say a map was coming Next Week during the last livestream.

they said no interactive map this time around. I think he just meant they'll be able to show us the map more
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

I've given this some thought and they may travel to the vet clinic. In that case we would see the map as they click their destination. That is what I'm hoping for! That would be good enough to grab a screen shot. That would make me very happy!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    anomalyanomaly Posts: 147 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:

Well you can go to the top.

Yeah but it would've been so much more amazing if we could've had access to the entire lighthouse instead of just teleporting to the top.
    high functioning sociopath
  • Options
    Well, if enough people ask nicely and stop calling them names like lazy and money hungry, they might show the new map in an extended shot for us to see. Don't you prefer it when people ask nicely instead of demand?
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Well, if enough people ask nicely and stop calling them names like lazy and money hungry, they might show the new map in an extended shot for us to see. Don't you prefer it when people ask nicely instead of demand?

They're not going to share information regardless of how people ask, be it by demanding or pleading or asking nicely, because they have to stick to the deadlines they're given. I assume it's as annoying for us as players as it is for them as developers of the game. Imagine not being able to keep people updates on what you're working on in fear of losing your job :| I don't really hold it against the devs but EA as a whole with their secretive marketing strategy...I find it weird
  • Options
    rinre33 wrote: »

They're not going to share information regardless of how people ask, be it by demanding or pleading or asking nicely, because they have to stick to the deadlines they're given. I assume it's as annoying for us as players as it is for them as developers of the game. Imagine not being able to keep people updates on what you're working on in fear of losing your job :| I don't really hold it against the devs but EA as a whole with their secretive marketing strategy...I find it weird

There are two more live streams that are part of their deadline. They could show us a map in either one. They will be traveling around BB to show it to us, so why not take a few seconds and linger on the map?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Don't worry, the map may get accidentally shown (leaked) in a Tweet, ( :p ) or by a fansite.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Don't worry, the map may get accidentally shown (leaked) in a Tweet, ( :p ) or by a fansite.

One can hope! A map of the world is really such a benign piece of information and most of us only want it in the interest of lot planning. Even if they don't want to give us visuals yet, I'd like a run down of lot sizes. At the very least, it would save us from these disastrous arguments about the size/scope of the world.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Did you mean Brindleton Bae
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

To what does your question refer? Please provide context.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member

It’s a joke lol. Mei is bae <3
  • Options

It’s a joke lol. Mei is bae <3

Oh! Okay!