Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing a residential lot while playing a different family

I'm wondering if this can be done with cheats? I'm playing one of my rotational families, and their daughter was invited over a friends house. They are not playable (NPC) and when their lot loaded, I noticed it's a family of four (mom, dad, teen sister, and little brother). But they are living in a one bedroom house. So I wanted to add some beds, possibly a second level, or basement, just to give them more space, and more beds, but I also don't want to leave the family I'm playing right now. Any advice?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    bb.enablefreebuild
    You can also, without using cheats, edit unplayed lots from manage worlds, but that would require loading screens and such.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I did try bb.enablefreebuild, but it didn't work. :( So I had to just go to their lot through manage world.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I'm wondering if this can be done with cheats? I'm playing one of my rotational families, and their daughter was invited over a friends house. They are not playable (NPC) and when their lot loaded, I noticed it's a family of four (mom, dad, teen sister, and little brother). But they are living in a one bedroom house. So I wanted to add some beds, possibly a second level, or basement, just to give them more space, and more beds, but I also don't want to leave the family I'm playing right now. Any advice?

yes just go to manage worlds and even sit down a house from the gallery if you want, then go back to your main family. you can build anyplace you want this way, even in different cities and Granite Falls. :) Sims 4 is not at all restrictive as you think.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    Try enable free build with testing cheats on
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited August 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »

yes just go to manage worlds and even sit down a house from the gallery if you want, then go back to your main family. you can build anyplace you want this way, even in different cities and Granite Falls. :) Sims 4 is not at all restrictive as you think.

@Stormsview, Oh, no. I know I can do all that. :D I've been playing the game off and on since 2014. I was just wondering if, while playing Family A, who was visiting Family B (which is not part of my rotation at all), if I could edit their lot without having to leave the game and go into the World Editor. But I gave their lot a make over. I didn't give them a new house, just cheated them some more money, and added two extra bedrooms, and some upgrades! First major house redo for non playables, but it was fun! :D
    Try enable free build with testing cheats on

I've done that, sadly, it didn't work. :(
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!