Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is this happening?

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
I am playing with half walls up but this section, the windows won't go down and it's really annoying. I do have windows in other parts of the front of the house that do go down when I have the view set to half walls. Why won't these?

vff1pt.jpg

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    anyone?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm really not sure why this is happening to you. I know that in build/buy mode the windows and doors will go up while walls are down but it shouldn't be happening in play mode. They should cut away as soon as you go into live mode.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm really not sure why this is happening to you. I know that in build/buy mode the windows and doors will go up while walls are down but it shouldn't be happening in play mode. They should cut away as soon as you go into live mode.

they don't! :( It's so annoying
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Just a thought... but you might want to open Origin and do a repair.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Well usually this happens in build mode once you've just placed the Windows so maybe that's why.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    anyone?

I think you can fix it if you "redo" the outer walls, all of them. I have had this issue with windows or doors when for some reason the game doesn't recognise the room being just that, a room, so the windows don't disappear as they should when playing.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I have noticed that a certain type of Windows will not disappear for me either in live mode. I downloaded a home once that I immediately replaced the windows with ones that went "invisible" once the walls were down. Not sure why it works on some windows but not others. My solution is to use different windows even though it sometimes cause the house not to look as good as it otherwise would have :s
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Maybe try restarting the game?
    FFCOojX.gif
  • save_ferrissave_ferris Posts: 48 Member
    I find sometimes if I'm at not quite the right distance, i.e. too far away, the windows may stay 'up'. If I go in a little closer they disappear.
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Were they placed with moo?
    If so try disabling move objects and re-placing them.
    Just a thought
    TszwvJw.png
    I find sometimes if I'm at not quite the right distance, i.e. too far away, the windows may stay 'up'. If I go in a little closer they disappear.

I go all the way in. They don't disappear.
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    Were they placed with moo?
    If so try disabling move objects and re-placing them.
    Just a thought

I don't know. I downloaded this house from the gallery. I'll try deleting the windows and replacing.