Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on some of the CAS items..

Watching the Toddler Pack stream and first of all...I don't know what Graham was on about. These pants don't match the fox shirt AT ALL. The colors are so not fitting with each other. I also find the art-style of the curly hair "weird"
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Could you maybe post a picture of the fox outfit? I couldn't see it for long enough to really tell.

I thought the curly hair looked cute, thought I admit it is a little different.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I think the curly hair is completely adorbs <3 In fact I think that for a stuffs pack this one is worth every penny. I can't wait <3

Oh, it is definitely worth the price. Just my opinion of these two

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited August 2017
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Could you maybe post a picture of the fox outfit? I couldn't see it for long enough to really tell.

I don't see how the top and the pants match imo
    9baf870efabdbe5ba635646be170c14d.png
    1e3724601150b46005e924a71661faa2.png

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I like the curly hair, but not a big fan of the actual "texture". I will probably just make a personal retexture and use that.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Do you have better pics to post so we can get a better understanding of what you mean by not matching up? So far the pics you have shared of the outfit in question. The pants and shirt seem to match a little bit.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Do you have better pics to post so we can get a better understanding of what you mean by not matching up? So far the pics you have shared of the outfit in question. The pants and shirt seem to match a little bit.

The color scheme don't at all. I am not completely judging by it's design but for Graham to say "They fit together," is a complete stretch

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think they were trying to show as many new clothing options as possible. The bottom does match the top. They didn't have that much time to match everything with their time limit.
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member

Alright, the bear outfit. Brown on shoes and pants match, hoodie is not as dark.
    Does it match? Not at all.
    Is my day ruined over it? No.
    Does it seem a like an oversight that should be addressed before the release? Yes.:
    NVToH4U.jpg

A couple of others that bug me:

It's minor but the star pattern cutting off at each seam looks sloppy.
    The polka dot patterns did the same but the patterns are smaller so it didn't seem as awkward:
    vdZ48Op.jpg

Now this one drives me mad.
    Really? Line up the stripes between the top and bottom already.
    This has to be an oversight.
    I am not prepared to believe that anyone ever intended this to be seen on a live broadcast as it is now.
    As an aside, my goodness what an ugly jumper. Is it a leftover from the TS3 Le Cirque collection?
    6LZlc6Z.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Alright, the bear outfit. Brown on shoes and pants match, hoodie is not as dark.
    Does it seem a like an oversight that should be addressed before the release? Yes.:
    NVToH4U.jpg

The polka dot patterns did the same but the patterns are smaller so it didn't seem as awkward:
    vdZ48Op.jpg

I am not prepared to believe that anyone ever intended this to be seen on a live broadcast as it is now.
    As an aside, my goodness what an ugly jumper. Is it a leftover from the TS3 Le Cirque collection?
    6LZlc6Z.jpg

The hairstyle is adorable though. The clothing looks ok to me. For me it's about the new gameplay objects and also the shading thingie you can put over tables.
  • SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    I liked all the clothing. You may or may not have children but at consignment shops and clothing swaps clothing like this pop up all the time. Also, no parent who goes outside a ton has perfectly matching browns nor do they care. My son never matches when in his play clothes.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2017
    Now this is why I use CC none of the CC creators I follow would put out such sloppy patterns those stars look horrible.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Things don't have to be the exact same shade or colour to "match". The top and the pants are two different shades of brown, they don't clash though so imo I would call it matching. I could wear a pale blue shirt with dark blue jeans and the outfit would "match" in that both top and bottom are complementary shades of blue.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    NVToH4U.jpg

vdZ48Op.jpg

6LZlc6Z.jpg

I see clothes like that all the time IRL and it drives me nuts
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    NVToH4U.jpg

vdZ48Op.jpg

6LZlc6Z.jpg

@angelchrome Eek, I didn't even see the star pattern on that one. I like the outfit. I would definitely retexture it so it's Maxis Match, but at least lined up. As far as the second outfit, the lines not lining up, I have seen this on other EA CAS SP items. :/
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I see clothes like that all the time IRL and it drives me nuts
    And IRL the first thing I think to myself is poor quality.
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Eek, I didn't even see the star pattern on that one. I like the outfit. I would definitely retexture it so it's Maxis Match, but at least lined up. As far as the second outfit, the lines not lining up, I have seen this on other EA CAS SP items. :/

The star pattern outfit doesn't even have a full star anywhere on the front. Make the pattern smaller, fix the seams, offset etc.
    It's a great outfit, I like the pattern but it looks sloppy.
    The striped jumper just looks like a glitch. And I've noticed it before as well. Which means it's becoming acceptable and it shouldn't.

If we had CASt, I wouldn't be as critical.
    But we don't have CASt and what they sell us is what we're stuck with (officially not counting CC).
    It's likely that these problems may be fixed by release.

As for the bear costume. I really only posted it as an example of the OP's concerns.
    It seems odd that they browns on the shoes and pants would be the same but the hoodie would be lighter.
    Even more odd that they included another shade of brown pants that was lighter than the hoodie.
    Why not make one set where the browns are consistent?
    And really, this is an issue with a lot of TS4 clothing. Varying shades of the same colors between outfits or intended outfits.
    This game could really use a color wheel.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    NVToH4U.jpg

vdZ48Op.jpg

6LZlc6Z.jpg

To be honest, I kind of like that they're not exactly 'perfect' patterns, I'm not sure if we even have this style of clothes in the game prior to Toddler Stuff, so I welcome the new style.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Now this is why I use CC none of the CC creators I follow would put out such sloppy patterns those stars look horrible.

Honestly, as much as I love everything I've seen so far, I have to agree. Some of the pattern swatches are awfully aligned. I can't do a new mesh or anything but in terms of adding swatches, I could do a better job in photoshop in 5 minutes. Hopefully they will sort this out before release. Otherwise I think the team did a wonderful job and I'll definitely will be saving up for this one.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think they match. The CAS items are amazing IMO.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    To me the fact that the stars and stripes don't line up was made on purpose. It makes it look realistic, it's something common irl I don't see anything wrong with that.
    I do think the texture of the jumper looks a bit cheap though.

For the matching pant with the bear outfit I thought it was a bit weird too at first but I don't think it's that bad. An other color would fit better anyway.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Some of the toddler outfits look like they're preparing to join the Circus :D:D
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Ooh I like it. When will we able to teach them cool tricks? Potty training is overrated.
    6riwm5.png
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Ooh I like it. When will we able to teach them cool tricks? Potty training is overrated.

Introducing, the all new toddler Circus! Coming Thursday the 24th for the small fee of 10$
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Let's be real, it's not that uncommon for the devs to put out content that is sub-par/not to the highest quality. We continue to buy these packs so they aren't forced to even do the bare minimum and actually attempt to do better. Alas. If you're worried strictly about the patterns/colouring of the clothes then I'd recommend getting involved with the cc community. No doubt there will be many recolours and mesh edits available not long after the pack launches. :)
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    The hue of the pants are slightly off but it's not so off that I'd completely write it off as bad content. I'm annoyed more so at the fact that we are only getting 4 girl hairs and only 2 boy hairs. I was really hoping for more than that but luckily I can just get some cc hair to fill in the gaps of what I'd like to have.