Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will You Be Moving On to TS5 after TS4?

Comments

• Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    As much as I wish they would flesh out The Sims 4 to the point where adding another game would be pointless, I can see that being unrealistic. If The Sims 5 was to ever happen, I'm sure I would buy it but I'll be playing and loving The Sims 4 on the sidelines!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2017
    Depends how TS5 *is*.

Regarding attachments and what-nots my favourite game is TS2 then TS3. I have no issue whatsoever in going forward, in fact I already want to, but if TS5 is another online game in EA's game pallet like Battlefront and everything else they are putting on the market right now I ain't buying. If it's an app game I ain't buying. And if I see that it doesn't improve a god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing from TS2 and TS3, and TS4 I guess, I ain't buying.

I'm not young anymore to not see what's what, so either EA delivers or they don't. We are 4 iterations in and I would like to see, for instance, weather on the base game, like they need to actually step up their (base) game by now, I want to see complex and smart features and gameplay in the game that flesh sims out instead of some of the things we are getting.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I started on 2, played lot on 3, even more on 4, and if the 5 came i would play it if i have it, of course !
    Unless theres something that really bothers me in the game compared to the previous sims game
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Probably.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    If they keep going the way they're going...

NO.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I have TS3. I am good. TS4 has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm dreading TS5.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I won't be moving on from Sims 4 just like I never moved on from 2 and 3. I look forward to adding another version to my games library.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I will without a doubt buy the base game if they ever release TS5. Based on how I feel playing the base game I will add expansions etc. If the base game is too problematic for me because, for example, how the sims look I'll just go back to a previous installment. But the base game, yes I'll will throw money at my screen as soon as that's out.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Everyone has their favorite series. Mine is TS2, I did play and like some of TS3, bought lots of stuff for it, but not all. In other words I didn't buy some EPs and or stuff packs and or all the store stuff. I have played TS4 (a lot, lot) and it grew on me over time, but it sure took a lot of feedback and still more feedback could improve more. But I'm wondering for those who loved TS4 from day one, will you be like the previous generations of players and be willing to jump ship and grab TS5 (whenever that might be) and leave TS4 behind? Or will you be just like other generations of players and knock the new game (whenever that is released) and say TS4 is the best game, and not be willing to even try the new game?

It happens every time, so, I'm wondering are there that many people who are die hard fans of TS4 and wouldn't even bother to look at a TS5? Like there were TS2 and TS3 players and even TS1 players who were unwilling to try a newer version.

@Cinebar, Hi, long time no see. I was wondering where you were, nice to see you again. How about you will you move on to sims 5, Myself, I have a hard time playing with sims 4 due to the teens, it just throws me off, Perhaps if I did not look at them as teens and think of them as YA early stage it would be better. there are some things I do like. making sims is much easier and also building homes. Another thing is the background. It ruins my play sometimes.
    Toddlers, well I am not sure how I feel about them, as I don't really like playing them for long as they seem to put my Teen, YA , A and Elders on hold. Now I guess if you were playing family it would be nice. I have not added much to the sims 4 after toddlers came out. I love the Aliens but do not have the Vampires, I do know that you like them, perhaps I would try them if they were not in all the worlds I would like to play in. I think that I would like the Pets.
    I do keep going back every so often and try to play, then the teens come along and my mind goes crazy. Like I said if I would just look at them as college kids, I would enjoy it more. I might get the pets in October for my Birthday and a few other things. I am not sure. I do wish that I could enjoy it more. the cartoony graphics do not bother me, as I love cartoons anyway. \
    Well anyway nice to see you again and having fun.
    I do hope that I can get to like them more.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Oh by the way if Sims 5 is a online game. I will never buy it. I am not into online games and will stay with sims 3 and sometimes 4. that would be the end of renewing sims for me.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Evalen, I wondered what happened to you. I thought you loved TS4 in the beginning. I eventually liked some of it, after Dine Out, (long time to wait, to start to really enjoy it) and Vampires etc. But actually I was surprised you or I would even like TS4 as long as we did, because I know you are big fan of TS3 (and with good reason) and I'm a bigger fan of TS2, so it's sort of weird we playd TS4 as much as we have when the older games do offer much more in interactions and gameplay than this one does. It's been like pulling teeth with an unwilling patient, lol.

I doubt I will move on, and no way if it's an online game, online Origin and online monthly patches for both it and game have been too much an intrusion etc. to even think about an online app game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I have my doubts that the Sims 5 will even get made. But even if it does, it's pretty unlikely I'll be moving forward with the series. They've had two bad installments in a row. 3 had lots of cool features, but so many problems, it made it unplayable. And then 4 took a tremendous step back and gave us an incomplete game. And don't even get me started on how it keeps on getting more and more tame for the benefit of children who play the game, despite it being rated T for TEEN. I think I'm done giving EA my money for half realized games. The Sims 5 would really have to knock my socks off for me to consider getting it.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    Since we've had to buy all the packs separately, I'm less inclined to buy S5 and have to start all over. I'm too poor to live that extravagantly.
    2lub093.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i have no plans on moving on to the sims5 will be sticking to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Maybe IF they bring back open worlds, Baby are freed from cribs, toddlers, and season there in the base game at the beginning. Give us the options of turning on/off the things we don't want in our game (alien abduction) they disrupts our stories and game play. Bring back the things and tools that helped others to feel creative in there own game, and look not so cartoony.
  • Options
    DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    I think I'll stick with TS4, seeing as its the first one I've played and invested in with expacks. But, should it start you with everything TS4 has then adds content, maybe I'll switch. Only time will tell, right?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    Probably not since I don't own TS4 and probably will never own as I have no interest in that game. So I believe TS3 game will be the last Sims game for me as I am quite happy with it... :)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Simply put, No.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I will likely buy the Sims 5 basegame too like I have done with all the earlier basegames. But as with the previous games it is unlikely that I will buy many expansions for it because my experience has always been that the expansions (and especially the SPs) give way too little value for our money.
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I won't right away but I will on the Black Friday after release lmao. It's always $35, so I grab it. That's usually when I figure out if I like the base game or not. If I do, I buy the expansions/packs as they release, if I don't, I wait more to the end and get them all on sale. With The Sims 2, I purchased every expansion as they released. Do any of y'all remember getting a free expansion pack for sending in two serial codes as proof you bought two? It was a card that came in the box for a buy two get one deal haha. I was so excited and got bon voyage for free. Sims 3 I wasn't too crazy about and didn't actually buy them all until sims 4 had released. After getting all the content I ended up loving it a lot more though. It's definitely buggy but I get lost for hours in it just like I did with sims 2.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    In prior series, I tended to be a bit slow to move on. I also took a long break before playing TS4. I'm undecided on TS5 which means I would definitely take a long break. On a bored, snowy winter day, maybe I'd cave and try it, but I can't say that will happen.

I'm enjoying TS4 now with the way that I have it set up. I still want to see what can be added to this version. I actually don't even mind the SPs. I like being able to customize and I like having different price points for content. That said, since I've gotten a bunch of stuff for TS4, it will at least be a while if ever before I try TS5. I'm not unhappy with this version in the way that some others are so the changes that might be for them wouldn't really appeal to me.

I want to see more in TS4 including some newer ideas. If TS5 comes out in like 2 yrs? No, I don't plan to move on then.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I'm sure I would eventually.
  • Options
    SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    I hate to admit this... but I've been playing Sims for 18 years..... and in that time, I have bought every one of them. Like every single one. I don't play any of the old ones any more, only TS4. Mainly because I switched to Mac, and I can't play those any more lol. But even if I could, I don't think I would. I can't juggle that many Sims lol
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    No.
    I think I'm done. I tried with Sims 4, but it's just too boring for me.
    In Sims 2 & 3 I can play for hours & hours.
    I had high hopes for 4, but it's not for me. I can't imagine they will do a better job on 5. If they could, why isn't that talent being used on 4?

Same here.
    I always played each Series till the new one came out, and never went back. Since Sims4 I am all over the place, going from S2 to Castaways, to S3 and now S4 has changed everything for me. I am no longer a die-hard fan!

Not interested in S5!

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It depends on LGR Review. If they keep making the Sims look like a mobile game no way. They better have pools,cars, landscaping tools, and all the ages. Better market towards everyone.