Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will You Be Moving On to TS5 after TS4?

Comments

• Options
    jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    I dunno man. I've been a simmer from day dot dizzle and I feel like this instalment is the worse. The fact that genealogy had to be patched into the game says a lot. Toddlers, a life stage that was present from TS2 & TS3 went walkies for couple years before having to be patched into TS4. The same can be said about swimming pools. From the beginning, the game wasn't ready. It still isn't. The Emotion system is a mess, the multi-tasking system even more so. Traits don't mean anything. Smarter sims they said. The musical chairs sims love to play. The way they talk with their backs to one another. Smarter sims they said. Sims having to sit down to place things in their inventories. The simulation lag. OH the simulation lag. A pressing matter that has been brought up SO many times and for so long. Instead of fixing the game, we get thrown stuff packs and gamepacks. Then patches are dropped and fix one thing to only go and break another. The Sims 5...I dunno man,
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Very much probably. I always do that. I really want this wild TS3 2.0 with even better open worlds, graphics and intense customization... As I always say, if TS3 was like that in 2009, imagine a The Sims 5 10 years+ later, in 2019 or whenever it releases? I believe they won't make another mistake and instead will do an open world game from the beginning. Just the sheer potential of a 2020 standards sims game one decade after what was possible in TS3 makes me crazy excited! look at hitman 2016. Now imagine: in 2020 that will run on the most basic machines! TS4 from 2020 CAN look like that! Then I'll have the sims game I've always wanted!
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    I will wait to see if they improved it from 4 or diluted even more, or if they release it with only one life stage with other life stages coming every 2 years..
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    edited August 2017
    As long as Sims 5 doesn't look horrible, I will try it. If I think it is good, I will get DLC for it, but I will still play Sims 4.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    No.
    I think I'm done. I tried with Sims 4, but it's just too boring for me.
    In Sims 2 & 3 I can play for hours & hours.
    I had high hopes for 4, but it's not for me. I can't imagine they will do a better job on 5. If they could, why isn't that talent being used on 4?
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    It really depends on what it has to offer. I waited almost two years before I played the sims 4 and I didn't even buy it, my brother bought it as a gift. If the sims 5 ships with less or the same content as the sims 4 then no I will not buy it. I want a game that takes all the best features from the previous sims games and then adds its own twist to things that make it it's own. I want different heights of sims, life stages that feel more complete and standalone (like toddlers do this time around). I want to be as excited as I was for the sims 2 and 3. Where I'm checking every day to see if there is new news on the game and anxiously awaiting videos of gameplay footage. Maybe add rain to the base game so it's not sunny every day. There is so much that needs to be approved upon in the sims 4 and I'm hoping these issues will be solved in the sims 5 (if there is one).
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Probably not. I like Sims 4. But I don't have whatever console they're going to release it on. I would try it out, at least, though.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I'll look at The Sims 5, hoping that maybe it, unlike The Sims 4, is a sequel they actually invested time and thought into allowing them to create a worthwhile improvement for the series with exciting game-changing features.

However, after The Sims 4, the burden is certainly on them to show that. If the series remains as stagnant as The Sims 4, I will keep my money. The Sims games are such large investments. It is waayyyy too much money to be spending on a series when it turns out like TS4.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Probably. I hope it's more fleshed out at launch than TS4, and brings the franchise forward by leaps, like Sims 2 did.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I most likely will buy TS5 from day 1 and its release would likely inspire me to buy a new gaming PC again in spite of the fact that I haven't had my laptop turned on for many months. It isn't that I expect TS5 to be such a wonderful game though. But I sure would like to see it and there are some other games which I haven't played for a long time and likely also some other new games that I would like to try. So even though I am very busy with my iPad games I likely will get a new gaming PC when TS5 is released for those reasons.

:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    cazzapoocazzapoo Posts: 6 New Member
    im 54yrs old ans still love playing sims 2 if they bring a sims five out needs to be the same playable quality as 2 never got on with 3 and can play some of 4 but sim 2 is my favourite
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm a die hard fan of 4 but I'll definitely try Sims 5. I of course hope I like it. I can always play two games for awhile until it's time to shelve one semi-permanently. There are times now I wish that Sims 2 would run for me. If it did I'd be playing that on and off also.
    I didn't like 3 but I wasn't aware of this forum then. I guess if I don't like 5 after trying it I'll give my feedback then but I'm positive I won't stick around and rally for what needs to be changed. I don't have that kind of constitution. Maybe if I kind of like it I would but I really don't see myself doing that either I usually enjoy things as they are or I find something I will enjoy.

I'm wondering if hanging out on Sims' forums didn't become a habit and those of us who did stick around sorta just hang out and had conversations about the good, bad and ugly in all these games, just because it became ingrained in us, though we didn't like TS4 so much and it was a place to talk about Sims and talk about ideas of how we would change things if we were making games. After sixteen years (internet off and on and then always internet) it's hard to break old habits when no one around us even remembers Sims around here where I live. It's just a game from the 90's released in 2000/2001 when everyone was first buying pcs to some. So, some of us just stayed from habit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    andersson01andersson01 Posts: 193 Member
    TS4 has taught me how much of a dealbreaker CASt is, guess I'll decide once I know if it's in or not.
    The world would be a much better place without me... I can't allow that! >:D
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    TS4 has taught me how much of a dealbreaker CASt is, guess I'll decide once I know if it's in or not.

It will be a real shame if we don't get back some sort of CASt in the next game. I wonder if those who started with TS4 and there are many on the TS4 forums, will be willing to leave this game behind and move on because they have pratically defended it to be the best game ever, and many of us didn't even realize some had never even played the other games. I'm wondering if they will be as attached to it, as some of us were to TS2 or TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    That's a really good question. Since TS1 when I was just a little simmer, it's pretty much been a tradition to:
    • buy the base game,
    • buy exapansions/stuffpacks
    • new release comes (next base game)
    • repeat the cycle again

After all these years I never really had a problem with it since I enjoyed the games. TS4 literary woke me up from my perfect dollhouse fantasy cycle.

For the first time in sim history I:
    • Questioned the base game (never had a problem with it before)
    • Couldn't play it for less than 20 mins...
    • Didn't buy any expansion/game/stuff packs.
    • Couldn't grasp the feel of my favorite type of plays.
    • Felt really sad that I couldn't go to the beautiful places in the background.

The list went on but you get the picture.

Ultimately I think the best metaphoric way I could explain it was..well like this:

Imagine the love your life. The person you've known for so long, and have fallen more in love with as time went by. Sure you break up once in awhile, but your bond is really strong. And one day, out of the blue, that same person..is completely different. They don't remember you, their favorites interests are different, their personality is the exact opposite from all the many years that you've known them.

Yet regardless of those changes, you want keep believing the one you fell for is still in there. Because you love them for them (just like how simmers on both sides, love the sims). So you wait, and wait, and wait. Things for the most part become worst, yet even the most tiniest bit of memory from your former love gives you hope. You try to even accept the way they are now to see if you can fall in love all over again, but you both just aren't compatible like you were before that blue day happend lol.

You drift apart from them for awhile, feeling as if you truly lost your heart. Untill suddenly they too try understand what made you both fall in love in the first place. They slowly try to recapture your heart (toddlers, vampires, parenthood, etc), and even though you miss the old charm and personality of their old ways, the new them begins to somewhat grow on you.

In a weird way this is how I felt and currently feel about TS4. I give them credit in some of the game's new features and unique approach to a few things. But there's also things that I'd rather hope they never repeat.

I know this post is rather long, but I guess my conclusion is, I really do want TS5. But thanks to TS4 i'm a lot more cautious about the sims...and will fully look at the upcoming trailers, blogs, etc before buying. Because there's no need to be brokenhearted a 2nd time lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I think they will wow us with Sims 5 so yes I would go on to sims 5 in a heartbeat.
    Then I am sure I will keep going back to play my Sims 4 like the people do with Sims 3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Why should we move on anyway? Why do we have to drop the previous games like a stone every few years?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I would most likely only move onto The Sims 5 AFTER all of it's expansions are released (and on discount) as I prefer to have the most content from the start rather than waiting for it to be dripped in either through mods being made or expansions.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    It would have to be a huge evolution over the previous games for me to be as eager to play it as I was when TS2 and TS3 came out. If it's not, I'll probably do the same thing I did with TS4 and wait two years for it to go on sale for $10 on Origin.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I probably will unless the Sims 5 sims are super hideous and annoy me to even just look at them. :D*coughTS3cough*
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2017
    As much as it saddens me to say it, probably not. TS4 is incredibly underwhelming (and that's an improvement from 3 years ago*). It still feels like a console or mobile game to me and those aren't my thing (well console games are fine. If they aren't sims. Well at least TS3 my only console sims experience was pretty bad, felt bland and incomplete). And that seems to be the direction the envision for now and the future. So I don't expect TS5 to be any different or better.

And, in general, I'm very fed up with EA and don't really plan to spend another cent on EA products. I'm tired of products that don't work. TS3 was incredibly glitchy, we all know that. I LOVE it, my favourite of the series, but I can't deny its faults. In some ways I've been let down for not one but two Sims games now, that's literally half the series. I also have issues with origin and have lost a lot of time to dealing with it. And have had to spend more money to get away from it so I can play the games I already paid for once before. So I'm really not inclined to keep giving them money for broken games and broken dreams.

Even back when TS4 first came out and I was so angry with the direction EA took with it (and I was, I was MAD), I still tried to hope for better things with TS5. I hoped that they'd learn from TS4 and the next game would be something I could enjoy (if the series didn't die with TS4 anyway). But I've just gotten so much more annoyed with EA and am just done. And I don't think they are going to change the direction they've been going in.

If they can actually make the changes I'd love to see them make, then I'd consider it. And I know, as much as I say now that I'm fed up I'll probably be following the game like crazy leading up to release (if they make it, anyway) because I still *want* so desperately to go back to the good old days of the Sims. I really want a new sims game I can enjoy. Just because I doubt it'll happen, doesn't mean I don't want it to.

*Has it really been almost 3 years already? The game sure doesn't feel like it's progressed 3 years. And now I'm a bit more underwhelmed again.

Edit: lol, I didn't really read this was more for those who actually like TS4. My bad. (I'm too tired to read posts lol, just titles). I dunno, I wouldn't refuse to move on because I was so into the previous game. I love TS3 more than anything, always have, but I was perfectly willing to give TS4 a shot, even excited when it was very first announced. I couldn't see myself rushing into buying it and figured I'd still play TS3 more, but I would have been glad to give it a chance.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I probably will unless the Sims 5 sims are super hideous and annoy me to even just look at them. :D*coughTS3cough*

They could fix that by adding a tool for players to pick from different sets of townie styles, and generate their own townies...like a mini player created townie generator giving players more control and creative license over their own games. It's great we can tweak them now much easier than was possible in TS3, but we really need more tools to create any type of townie to be a townie or NPC and fill our own game with our own instead of their styles and with a flip of a switch.